Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69582 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 03:47:52 pm »

What is a bear?

Bear: Big burly hairy men.

Twink: slender, effeminate men.

Hourglass: women with wide hips and large bust and narrow waist.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 03:49:50 pm »

Really? Huh. At least as far as I've noticed, bears and twinks tend to go together. It's not -weird- to see bears/bears and twinks/twinks, but it's unusual.

Here in San Francisco, bears only date bears, though twinks and non-twinks (that are also not bears) do date.  The bear community is very bear-centric here.  I have a lot of bear friends, though I'm not one, and every single one of them is dating another bear.  They go to bear club events, like "Bearracuda" and frequent bear-majority hangouts like the Castro & 18th Starbucks that everyone calls Bearbucks.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »

Well that is a good question...
I used to consider myself straight, but then I got a boyfriend and have been very much enjoying the relationship, and I can say it has changed how I look at men, so I guess now I count as bisexual?

Actually now that I think about it, it is kind of funny. There is a lot of argument over the idea that "Homosexuals are seeking to convert others!" to which people reply "No don't be silly, you can't proselytize peoples sexuality." and yet here I am... Huh.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 03:51:46 pm »

That's more realizing you have interest than anything. I didn't know I had interest in men sexually till way after I had already been interested in some other girls pretty heavily.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 03:53:57 pm »

Could be right. I have always been more comfortable with gays than the average guy, so it could very well have just been an innate trait unrealized. /magical journey of self dicsovery

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 03:59:14 pm »

/magical journey of self dicsovery
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 04:00:00 pm »

Personally I think peoples sexuality is a lot more fluid than they realize.

'Course, I don't think you have any CONTROL over that fluidity. So neither side is right! It's not a choice*, nor is it a set-in-stone "decided while you're in the womb!" thing, at least as far as I've been able to tell.

*(not that that would matter. You don't deny people human rights just because they eat toast butter side up)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:48 pm »

You don't deny people human rights just because they eat toast butter side up
Yeah, you do.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 04:04:10 pm »

... people eat toast butter side down? I mean, conceptually I know it's possible and it happens, but I don't think I've ever actually seen someone do it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 04:05:21 pm »

I'd say there's definitely an movement to drag people out of the closet, and an opposing one to lock them in.

I was aware of being androphilic for as long as I can remember, but it took a long time for me to realize connect the experience with sexuality.  I think that I was about 8 when I started to feel gynephilic.  I was in highschool when realized that I like trans*, too. (yay! I'm using it! x3)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2014, 04:05:44 pm »

Well, duh. Your tongue is on the bottom of your mouth, of course you would put the butter-side to where you can taste it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2014, 04:07:21 pm »

I think people (usually) have quite a bit of control over their sexuality.

It's just that people are morons who have no frickin' clue what that would even begin to mean.

You can't just decide something like that, anymore than you can "decide" to like turnips or stop being afraid of spiders, but you can certainly arrange events and environmental stimuli to make certain outcomes more or less likely and change the way your brain contextualizes and interprets certain stimuli through a pattern of historical exposure and gradual shifts brought about by cognitive adaptation.

Unfortunately, like the "control" we have over our memories, it's a lot easier to add NEW things than it is to remove old ones (if removing old associations is even possible).

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2014, 04:07:57 pm »

Personally I think peoples sexuality is a lot more fluid than they realize.

I agree.  I came out at 16 and consider myself rather firmly gay, though I did fall for a girl in college.  We dated briefly, which confused a lot of my friends, but there was just something about her that clicked with me in a way that usually only happened with guys.  It opened my eyes to straight friends who have fallen for a guy once, but still consider themselves straight. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:10:03 pm by VerdantSF »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2014, 04:10:14 pm »

Well, duh. Your tongue is on the bottom of your mouth, of course you would put the butter-side to where you can taste it.
There's something wonderful about, like, melting/chewing your way into the taste explosion from the bottom, too, though, and that's by and large how everyone around me has done it, in my experience.

Think there might be some hygiene stuff involved, too. Butter can drip.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 04:15:02 pm »

[
trans*, too. (yay! I'm using it! x3)
I'm going to need a ten page report on my desk on what trans* is and how it differs from transsexual.

You can't just decide something like that, anymore than you can "decide" to like turnips or stop being afraid of spiders, but you can certainly arrange events and environmental stimuli to make certain outcomes more or less likely and change the way your brain contextualizes and interprets certain stimuli through a pattern of historical exposure and gradual shifts brought about by cognitive adaptation.
See that is an interesting hypothesis, because looking back it is kind of obvious that my partner was orchestrating things to try and hook up with me. Not that I'm unhappy with the outcome, just that if sexuality is so fluid and dependent on stimuli, it may actually be possibly to convert somebody, although it may very well be the case that some people are more open to it than others.

Don't tell the church!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50