Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69671 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #405 on: January 14, 2014, 10:18:44 pm »

Ooh, dreams. Yeah, I've always been my waking gender in my dreams... when the protagonist (so to speak) is me. But I've also had dreams where I was point-of-viewing people that were explicitly not!me and of a whole host of genders. Both those and the third-person ones can get pretty neat, even compared to normal dream contents. Would have to say, being able to experience such in real life would be... nice.

Incidentally, it's a bit back, but the kinsey scale test linked to failed me ;_; Answered everything appropriately, filled everything out, gave me an F. Not sure what to think, ha. I'd probably self-label myself somewhere between a one and a two, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 14, 2014, 10:19:40 pm »

Dreams I'm usually a shallow reflection of something far greater, doing obscure things for some greater purpose. No real gender, just a harbinger of something.
Sometimes I'm very very male.
Never been female, though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 14, 2014, 10:20:40 pm »

Incidentally, it's a bit back, but the kinsey scale test linked to failed me ;_; Answered everything appropriately, filled everything out, gave me an F. Not sure what to think, ha. I'd probably self-label myself somewhere between a one and a two, though.
It means there's an unresolvable internal contradiction between your answers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:25 pm »

... for the test, I guess? S'pretty non-contradictory on my end, at least so far as the given questions go.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 14, 2014, 10:40:28 pm »

Despite being a rank-0 on the scale, I don't think my rule-63'd dreams really change anything on my views overall.

My question though, is when you're gender flipped in a dream, does your preference remain the same or change also? For example, if you're biologically male and dream of being female, are you still attracted to women, or are you then attracted to men?

If you're dreaming of being female and have sex with a man is that a hetero or homo sexual encounter?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #410 on: January 14, 2014, 10:53:17 pm »

Despite being a rank-0 on the scale, I don't think my rule-63'd dreams really change anything on my views overall.
My question though, is when you're gender flipped in a dream, does your preference remain the same or change also? For example, if you're biologically male and dream of being female, are you still attracted to women, or are you then attracted to men?

If you're dreaming of being female and have sex with a man is that a hetero or homo sexual encounter?
That is a good question. Most the time I'm usually too preoccupied with the situations at hand, rather than what would make for a "good time" for the time being (from 'G' rated to 'M'). If anything, I see myself in dreams, regardless of gender, race, species, form or non-, as none more than an avatar. Sorta as if I am part of a much larger, more complicated being (or just extending my consciousness to other realities). In a sense, I tend to feel like a *happy camper* living *between* realms.

The more conscious and aware of my dreams to a lucid state I reach, the more everything, including my self-image, tend to lose meaning to me, and I'm just screwing around with reality like a child with an empty box or a sandbox, or a container of Lego; hell even watching things I imagine that'll never happen in my town happen, and sometimes getting involved in them (causing my fair amount of collateral damage while at it). Basically, I'm having too much fun being God, in a sense, to care about if I'm with someone or not (gender awareness and attraction being rendered rather moot; plus being other creatures (simultaneously, sometimes. Makes you wonder about hiveminds...) kinda tosses other variables into the mix, in it's own right). I'm in my own world making my own worlds/things/stories/environments/etc.. Essentially, my priorities go all over the place under that state by then.

In a way, in my dreams, I tend to forget my humanity, and generally don't give a crap about it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:13:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 14, 2014, 11:45:45 pm »

I must be one of those poor souls who have boring dreams that either have me win the lottery, jump off a building or run around naked for no reason.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 15, 2014, 01:04:19 am »

The most vivid dream I have of being a girl, I became aware I was dreaming(this was before I knew anything about lucid dreaming) and I was like "Oh hey, while I'm here, I should see what it's like to masturbate as a chick!"

I would say that a genderflipped you in a dream will still be attracted to whatever the real you is attracted to. If you have sex with a man while being a woman, that is likely a homosexual encounter, in my opinion. As we can see just by the vast diversity of sexual desire and gender combinations, there's not likely to be a clear "link" to the two in the brain. Our brains interpret our realities and cross-references those against our interpretations of our feelings. How I see it is that there's little difference for our feelings to be different, despite our altered dream "realities"...

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 15, 2014, 01:12:43 am »

I would say that a genderflipped you in a dream will still be attracted to whatever the real you is attracted
to. If you have sex with a man while being a woman, that is likely a homosexual encounter, in my opinion.

Really? Ok, so then...if a man has sex change surgery, and then has sex with a man, as a woman...is that also a homosexual encounter?

If you say no, then why are your two answers different?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 15, 2014, 01:16:18 am »

Aren't all dream encounters just encounters with yourself? What does it matter if it's hetero/homo/bi/pan/xeno/whatever? All dream persons are just projections of yourself anyway, right?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 15, 2014, 01:19:38 am »

men can be cute tbh

it's just that cuteness goes against what is percieved by manliness?

descan can tell you way more about cute men than most people on this board, but i don't know the descan summoning ritual so let's hope he comes around and tells you all about that

women are admittedly cuter when it comes to cuteness per capita, though.
... Apparently you just have to mention me.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 15, 2014, 01:39:19 am »

I would say that a genderflipped you in a dream will still be attracted to whatever the real you is attracted
to. If you have sex with a man while being a woman, that is likely a homosexual encounter, in my opinion.

Really? Ok, so then...if a man has sex change surgery, and then has sex with a man, as a woman...is that also a homosexual encounter?

If you say no, then why are your two answers different?

That's a tricky question. What I meant was that regardless of your "reality", whether physical or dreamed in nature, you will most likely still be attracted to the same things. I guess it would technically be a "heterosexual encounter" in either case, but since your dreamself hasn't actually taken a physical change in waking real life, then it would be a homosexual encounter when compared to your waking self. If a post-op woman has a dream about having sex with a man, or has sex with a man while awake, then I suppose it's heterosexual. Let's assume the dreamer in my hypothetical was pre-op. Regardless of his dream-gender, the subject of the dream was him having sex with a man.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 15, 2014, 01:53:33 am »

I scored a three after redoing the test, however I miight have answered a question untruthfully.

For the test I was using, I answered that I was sexually submissive, I however it might be wrong as I've never had the... sexpirience, so I can't say it is true despite feeling that way hehe.

On the whole dream gender thing, I've had a dream where I was a woman once.

I forget the contents, however there was that feeling of being in the wrong body so if that's anything, there you go.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 15, 2014, 02:08:34 am »

I've dreamt I was a woman, but only once.  It was actually just a week or two ago.  It wasn't strictly me-as-a-woman though, it was more like I'd been replaced by a female NPC or something - it wasn't me per se, but I identified with it as my character in the dream.  Sorta more like I was just watching a film with a female protagonist, but not quite as I did still see it as being me in a way.  Hard to explain.  I can't remember anything that happened in that dream other than there was another woman as some kind of sidekick.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 15, 2014, 03:32:00 pm »

I'd say I'm heterosexual, but I have felt attracted to other men before. Not necessarily in the same way as I feel attracted to women, but it's still made me doubt myself a teensy bit at times. Anyone can say that they can acknowledge someone of the same gender as attractive, but it's a different matter entirely to be attracted to them. However, even with (what I'd consider to be) the most attractive man in the world, I think I'd have a hard time figuring out what I'd be interested in doing with him.

In a hypothetical future where sex change operations were cheap, easy, and effective to the point of a perfect gender swap, then that might be different. Assuming I was a woman, even though I don't have any strong desire to be one, I think I'd be bisexual.

Of course, romantically instead of sexually, that might be a bit different. I don't think I'd be completely comfortable dating or otherwise having a romantic relationship with another man, but it could theoretically work assuming we have an understanding that I'm not very sexually attracted to him.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 50