Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69661 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #390 on: January 14, 2014, 07:21:41 pm »

So has anybody else here ever had a dream where they were hermaphrodites?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 14, 2014, 07:22:09 pm »

Nope. Why, should I have?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 14, 2014, 07:35:53 pm »

No. Not a hermaphrodite. (The PC term is "Intersexed", btw. ;))

I have had dreams where I was a woman though.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2014, 07:39:37 pm »

I cannot remember ever checking my own sex in dreams.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 14, 2014, 07:42:34 pm »

Do dreams where you run around as a pantless lunatic count?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 14, 2014, 07:46:22 pm »

I've almost always been a woman in dreams, which is of course the opposite of my biological gender. It's kind of a wonder that I hadn't figured out I was trans for so long.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2014, 08:38:35 pm »

I'm able to fly and have mild telekinesis in 90% of my dreams.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2014, 08:40:39 pm »

I don't think there is any fruedian messages behind the dreams I have been female in.

For instance, I distinctly remember this specific dream, because of how vivid and cogent it was.

In the dream, I wake up on a dirty bed, fully clothed in a green wool and linnen dress. The era appears to be sometime during the dark ages. On the dresser, there is a tallow candle burning. The impression that I was trying to get a single moment's rest amidst an endlessly long set of tasks takes hold, and I look into the sooted silver mirror in the dresser, and note irritably how crappy my hair looks and how my dress is now all wrinked. The moment passes, and the imperitive of why I was awakened takes over, and I head for the heavy oak and iron hinged door that leads out of the small servants quarters and into the castle's back courtyard. I head to the well to draw up a fresh bucket of water, since I will need it for my work.  Through the sealed portculli, I can barely scry the encampment in the distance shining in blue and white striped livery across the field, and I wryly chastise the fools and their idiocy, as all they are doing is making more bodies for me to try and mend with what few tonics, dressings, and herbal poultices I can skimp by with, as the supplies inside the castle grow ever more thin. The impression that I was unceremoniously rounded up from my normal life and shoved into the castle simply because I knew some folk remedies, and now would have to suffer the ignaminious appellation of "witch" forever because of these imbeciles was practically palpable.

I then here a "ka-chunk" and a whirring sound, and look up just in time to see a very large boulder falling down exactly on top of me.

I don't have time to react or move, but my last thought before being awakened in my real bed is "typical."

At no point was there ever really a sexual theme. I just had a curiously vivid dream of being a dark age woman during a castle siege, for no apparent reason.

I've had other dreams where I have been female. Similar situation regarding the lack of sexual themes, just with different topical themes of interest for the dreamscapes. 

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2014, 08:51:50 pm »

I've dreamt of being a woman in my dreams, and it wasn't an incidental thing. I don't think it was reflective of any deeper desire, though.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »

I rarely have a clear idea of my gender in my dreams.  Often I dream that I am someone else entirely.  When I dream that I am myself and male, it often involves body horror, or humiliation.  If I dream that I am myself and female, the dream is mostly pleasant.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2014, 09:19:08 pm »

I've posted dreams in the dream thread. One was about a potato, and the other was about macaroni and cheese. Otherwise, I'm usually a lucid dreamer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2014, 10:00:59 pm »

Lucid dreaming is pretty cool. It kinda changes the environment from reliving memories and such into probably the most elaborate simulator you can ever cook up in your head (as far as I can interpret, Garry's Mod IRL, to a degree).

As for dreams involving being a different gender, I have been gender-flipped before (same form, except feminine edition); but then again, I think it was to teach me how different I really would be if I was another gender (turns out, not so much. I'm just as bad as a girl in my dreams as I am a guy in the waking world (basically, my life really wouldn't be too different besides a chromosome alteration); hypothetically, I could also be accessing past/future lives' memories), and how much I really should stop giving a crap about how women view me as and so forth or some crazy philosophical/self-help message that was supposed to be given to me via dreams.

Despite being a rank-0 on the scale, I don't think my rule-63'd dreams really change anything on my views overall. Of course, thinking through my dreams, and how they work and such is just making my head get all oddball and dizzy. They're just too screwball to try to understand, even for myself.

Oh, and in reference to the recent post in the dream thread, none of the girls resembled my female form, thank goodness. I have no intention to screw myself anytime down the line.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:03:07 pm by Itnetlolor »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2014, 10:06:29 pm »

I'm exclusively myself in my dreams; Never even been macaroni. I've dreamt about woman though. Freud might say my subconscious is very clear on what it thinks I am. But then again, why listen to Freud?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2014, 10:08:42 pm »

I've been female, male, and ... probably intersex? in my dreams.  I'm not really sure.  I also have dreams about other people, often, where their sex or gender is different.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2014, 10:11:37 pm »

You know, I don't think my gender has ever actually came up in any of my dreams. I'm usually too busy dying horribly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50