Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 78948 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : breakfast and missing players
« Reply #690 on: July 23, 2014, 05:36:07 pm »

Name: Ron Bones
Race: Cave Giant (Bonus/Malus pls)
Background: Old Ron Bones did not like it when humans began colonizing the wilderness where he lived in. They cut down trees, kill animals, and force the land to do their bidding. He did not like this. During the night, when hunters would camp out in their little camps, he would go out, and hunt humans, like they hunted the animals. They did not seem to understand his warning, because more would come out, and more, and more. This made him more angry, so he hunted and killed more, because they took more of the land the more there were. They then began singing. This brought him over the edge. He went to their village and slaughtered the all of them, and for a while there was peace. Then came the Giant Hunter. He came to his cave, and attempted to kill him. After a long battle, the giant was slain, or they thought he was. He was gravely wounded, but it didn't keep him down for long. Filled with hatred for humans, and wishing to fulfill the Giant Hunters's deathwish, he comes out of his cave after healing fully, and set out for the Giant Hunters head.

Hopefully not too OP. What do you think
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:37:45 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 23, 2014, 05:52:35 pm »

((Well, I'm certainly digging the idea of having a giant PC. Just as a..warning? fyi? however you want to call it. The humans of the empire and the giants of the north have made peace long ago. Which isn't to say that there can't be giants who hate humans or vice-versa. But said humans would not have been imperial soldiers, and neither would the 'giant hunter' have been an imperial soldier. Otherwise I don't see any immediate problems with the character. How would you describe the cave giant, physically and mentally? And do you mind if I take some liberties with the backstory should it ever come up?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 23, 2014, 05:56:16 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

'Ah, I see,' Moskar thinks as the voice clarifies, 'It is still a rather foul practice, though, in my eyes.'

Having observed the workings of the market long enough, the lizardman presses his way to a good position near the front of the crowd, mentally preparing himself for his act to come. He keeps the hood over his scaly head for now, not that it's likely to be of much use with so many eyes upon him.
'Hrm... which hand did the elf use to signal, again? It would be rather unhelpful if it's the one I currently lack.' For some reason, despite his foul mood that idea amuses him more than anything. He raises his odd new hand in the same manner he'd observed, extending a finger and watching the attendants on the stage.

>Move to the front of the crowd, signal the staff in the same way I watched that elf do so before.
When approached by an attendant, explain (through the voice's translation skills) that I wish to purchase one of their secondhand...
wait a minute, how can you have a secondhand pleasure slave that still counts as a "maiden"?! Ah well. ...maidens, but don't want one that was previously owned by some grubby, uncouth lower-class type.
No, I'm looking for one previously owned by a rich elf, perhaps nobility; I want my purchase to be in reasonable condition.

I'm sure I will have some trouble pronouncing the elven language, but I imagine I'll still do a far better job than, say, a human.
Whilst doing all this, keep an eye on the faces around me- just how do they react as they notice who and what I am?

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 23, 2014, 06:08:50 pm »

"Not as such. I come as both an envoy for the Imperial Legion and as a travelling blacksmith, bard, and warrior, honing all my skills at once."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:44:10 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 23, 2014, 06:14:36 pm »

Additional thought-question for my turn:
'Do you know anything about these stones I... we found on the corpse of that sorcerer? Would it be wise to try using one of them as payment, do you think? I'm planning to try and pass one off as some sort of precious stone, but I'd rather not trick myself out of something truly valuable.'
Booze is Life for Yoink

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 23, 2014, 06:43:44 pm »

Wait for the other two to do... Something.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 23, 2014, 11:34:22 pm »

"This is quite well Paddy, thank you," said Natasha as she sat down, digging into her food rather ravenously. "So, do you plan on staying in this town after I move on? I am an adventurer after all."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 24, 2014, 01:09:03 am »

"A-wahey!" Nosegay goes, suddenly springing to life.

Take stock of my surroundings. What's around me right now?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : CHANGES
« Reply #698 on: July 26, 2014, 07:10:52 pm »

((So, this update brings with it a few changes. First of all, I am abandoning the d10 system we are using right now for the d6 systems used in the forgotten art. For those unfamiliar with that one, I'll update the first post with the details. Secondly, to accomodate this change the two +2 traits have been rebalanced. Angus now only gets a +1 to magic, while Seanna's +2 to first strikes has been replaced by a flat +1 for katanas and other samurai weaponry. thirdly, I will be adding a link to another dropbox .txt with information about the world. If you'd like to brush up on some of the factions and such, feel free to give it a read. If you think anything is missing or you'd like information added, just say so and thy will be done.))

In the vegetable kingdom
Wait for the other two to do... Something.
You look at angus, who keeps perfectly still, and at Nosegay, who is currently trying to pick himself from the ground. Absolutely lost and with no real will of your own at the moment, you simply stand there and do nothing.

"A-wahey!" Nosegay goes, suddenly springing to life.

Take stock of my surroundings. What's around me right now?
You suddenly bolt upright, startling some of the guardsmen. You find yourself back inside the vegetable kingdom pub. The guardsmen relax as they see that you're fine. The commander of the guards is at their table, giving them orders to go and get the weapons and ditch their uniforms for casual clothes as you said before.

Outside of the orc village
"Not as such. I come as both an envoy for the Imperial Legion and as a travelling blacksmith, bard, and warrior, honing all my skills at once."
"Hmph, I do not trust you, bug. But you seem to be speaking the truth. You may see the shamaness. But he!" He points angrily at the dwarf. "He stays outside! Last time we let you in we had to clean up the square for days!"

"Come now, Knorry, you know it's not my fault that your villagers didn't discard their wrappers in the proper way."

"No! I won't hear your excuses! And my names is Knor'tar! Not Knorry!"

In a small farming village
"This is quite well Paddy, thank you," said Natasha as she sat down, digging into her food rather ravenously. "So, do you plan on staying in this town after I move on? I am an adventurer after all."
Paddy is obviously pleased that you enjoy his cooking. After you ask him the question, you see him pushing around a piece of bacon around on his plate. He speaks shyly and without looking up from his food.

"M-maybe I could join you? The village is awfully dull and I've always wanted to wander around. I won't slow you down, I can help! I still have my father's sword..."

In the elven city
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

'Ah, I see,' Moskar thinks as the voice clarifies, 'It is still a rather foul practice, though, in my eyes.'

Having observed the workings of the market long enough, the lizardman presses his way to a good position near the front of the crowd, mentally preparing himself for his act to come. He keeps the hood over his scaly head for now, not that it's likely to be of much use with so many eyes upon him.
'Hrm... which hand did the elf use to signal, again? It would be rather unhelpful if it's the one I currently lack.' For some reason, despite his foul mood that idea amuses him more than anything. He raises his odd new hand in the same manner he'd observed, extending a finger and watching the attendants on the stage.

>Move to the front of the crowd, signal the staff in the same way I watched that elf do so before.
When approached by an attendant, explain (through the voice's translation skills) that I wish to purchase one of their secondhand...
wait a minute, how can you have a secondhand pleasure slave that still counts as a "maiden"?! Ah well. ...maidens, but don't want one that was previously owned by some grubby, uncouth lower-class type.
No, I'm looking for one previously owned by a rich elf, perhaps nobility; I want my purchase to be in reasonable condition.

I'm sure I will have some trouble pronouncing the elven language, but I imagine I'll still do a far better job than, say, a human.
Whilst doing all this, keep an eye on the faces around me- just how do they react as they notice who and what I am?

Additional thought-question for my turn:
'Do you know anything about these stones I... we found on the corpse of that sorcerer? Would it be wise to try using one of them as payment, do you think? I'm planning to try and pass one off as some sort of precious stone, but I'd rather not trick myself out of something truly valuable.'
"The stones are quite valuable indeed, chief. Seems like you've got two runestones and an elemental gem. The elemntal gem is worth the most, since it's able to enchant weapons and armour. The runestones are tricky. They're worth a pretty penny, but they can only be used one time. If you manage to channel their stored magic towards your enemy though, the results tend to be rather impressive. You can only use em once, but one hit is usially all you'll need."

You walk forward, getting closer to the stage. As you are walking, you question their sales pitch about second hand maidens, proving that you are smarter than about 90% of the gathered elves here. You put your hand in the air and soon one of the strange hats comes up to you. The voice gives you mental cues and you merely have to reproduce the sounds he tells you to. The elf nods and heads behind the stage. He comes back with two women in tow. The first one, he explains and the voice translates, was the handmaiden to the headmistress of the local temple of the moon. She is human, with short brown hair and hazel eyes. She has the symbol of the moon temple tattoo'd on her arm, marking her as an initiate of the temple.
The second was the proprety of the Lord Swordmaster of Taenas, the capitol of the Uskarian elves. It would seem that she is a half-orc hybrid, with the human genes clearly very dominant. She is rather taller than your average human, only an inch or three shorter than you. Her skin has a slightly greenish hue and when she opens her mouth you can see tiny fangs where the incisors should be. She has short black hair and  pale blue eyes. The entire left side of her face is heavely scarred, you're guessing by burns. He also explains that she has had her tongue cut out, as the Lord Swordmaster likes his privacy.

As you converse with the strange hat, you glance around to see how people react to your presence. Most of them seem oblivious to you, and those who do look upon you don't seem all that bothered by it.

In a dark cell
introducing old ron bones, cave giant
You remember being arrested for shouting at a bunch of humans. The details are rather fuzzy, the arrest did entail them conking you over the head hard enough that you passed out after all. You remember being chained up and put on a cart with all kinds of other people. You journeyed over a great bridge. The cart stopped outside of a great stone gate set into the stone.

It's been three months since you were lead down the endless stairs and thrown in this damp, dark cell. But that's all right, you much prefer the dark over daylight anytime. It's rather odd that nobody has bothered to give anyone on your cell block food for the last four days. You had enough left to not go hungry, but some prisoners further up are complaining loudly. No one seems to be there to hear their complaints, though, except for their fellow inmates.

You hear commotion down the hallway as the doors creak open. Armoured boots thud on the stone floor and come to a stop outside of your cell. You look up to see armoured dwarves shoving three people into your cell. One is another dwarf, who immediatly runs back to the bars and shouts after his captors. The other is a human male, though he is bleeding from the head and unconcious. The third, to your surprise, is a golem. They threw him face first on the floor, and his runeplate lies a few feet away from him, deactivating him. The runeplate has chipped at the edges, but looks mostly intact.

Oh, bother...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:46:51 pm by Pancaek »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 26, 2014, 08:41:09 pm »

"Was that an out-of-body experience I felt?"

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 26, 2014, 09:17:06 pm »

Hmm... let's see what else you do, since you don't seem to have noticed me.

Hide in a dark part of the cell, and continue watching.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:20:33 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 26, 2014, 10:00:10 pm »

"Then come along, I plan to take my leave soon." Natasha stands up after finishing her meal, wiping her mouth with her sleeve.  "And don't think what happened last night will be a given thing. I'll assume the role of your boss, and as boss, I decide when and where actions are to commence. That's not to say it wouldn't happen again, but still. Are we clear?"

Equip inventories and loot, prepare to set off to new horizons.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 26, 2014, 11:40:31 pm »

"Thank you. May your travels bring you fortune, friend.

Go and see the shamaness.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:43:06 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 27, 2014, 02:02:21 am »

Moskar absently trailed the tip of a claw along his jawline, aiming for an air of detached consideration as his reptillian eyes run across the pair. And the pair's pairs- that's the sort of thing these hot-blooded races value most in their mates, is it not? Had to act the part.
He exhaled thoughtfully through his nostrils as he looked from one slave to the other.

>Think for a moment, under the guise of inspecting the two slaves and considering my purchase.

'Voice-in-head, is it possible for you to speak and listen in the minds of others, or are you confined to mine? If it is, the half-orc could certainly be useful, probably more useful than the other despite her lack of tongue. If not she'd be a waste of money. ...Also, what are you called? As long as I am phrasing my thoughts in words "Voice-in-head" is quite unwieldy.'
Booze is Life for Yoink

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 27, 2014, 02:37:00 am »

"Ah! Fantastic. Let us move as soon as possible!"

Move out with the guardsmen (and the other two schmucks on this quest) toward the capital of the Fruit Federation!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54