Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79239 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : New blood
« Reply #285 on: February 07, 2014, 04:42:12 am »

((update tomorrow. won't hv-ave time today.
@smurf. Yeah, mithril is pretty much steel v2.3. It's just better in every way really))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 07, 2014, 05:12:10 am »

Alright, the large house is a no-no. Like heck I'm gonna get somewhere I cannot even get a look at. So, either the warehouse, or the small house. More likely the latter - better play it safe. Or safe-ish. Whatever.

Ascertain that the small house's inhabitants are asleep by waiting until the windows go dark. Then pick the lock on the back door and enter.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 07, 2014, 05:18:15 am »

((So by today, not for the next 24 hours, right?

God dammit, this planet needs one global clock already.

Alright, the large house is a no-no. Like heck I'm gonna get somewhere I cannot even get a look at. So, either the warehouse, or the small house. More likely the latter - better play it safe. Or safe-ish. Whatever.

Ascertain that the small house's inhabitants are asleep by waiting until the windows go dark. Then pick the lock on the back door and enter.

Nek minute thieves guild))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:21:27 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 07, 2014, 10:18:23 am »

"The divine curse sounds interesting! I'd like to try my hand at that, if you don't mind. Is there anything else you can tell me about that whole business? Anybody I should contact?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2014, 03:27:59 pm »

((Just a little shout-out, Harry's cursed girl was inspired by Radio Controlled. There will probably be more of these little shout-outs, because he's given me quite the treasure trove of neat ideas already))

Buy the mithril bar and some leather. Return to the forge and get the forging equipment set up.
You buy the bar of mithril and a good leather hide, leaving you with 5 coins. You return to the blacksmith and get everything set up in the workshop. You start the fire and prepare the hammers and tongs you need. You get your water and drag the anvil into a comfortable place. Everything should be in order now, let's hope the blacksmith will enjoy your creation.

Head on back to the inn to pay off the debt.
Egen and Seanna decide that it isn't worth their time to stand haggling in the market and leave for Saanan to pay of their debt to the innkeeper. After a decently long and frankly uneventful journey, they reach the inn and enter. There are a few people enjoying a nice meal and one man seems to be sleeping, his hand around an empty glass and his head on the bar. The Innkeeper is, as always, behind his bar cleaning a glass when you enter. You both pay him the 40G you owe him. After your debt is settled, you make some smalltalk with the Innkeeper. He gives you both a cold glass of lemonade on the house. A man is sitting at the piano in the back of the room, his face concealed by his hood and scarf, playing a pleasant song while you drink your lemonades.

>Ask the monk to describe the gods that are worshipped here.

>If Tomo waited outside, go and give her her half of the reward.

You stand in the grand church of belgrad. You ask the man at the desk to describe the gods worshipped here. He, in turn, calls over another priest and goes back to his paperwork. The second priest takes you some distance away from the desk and begins talking.

"Please forgive Brother Jeremus, he is always so busy doing the paperwork for this church that he may come over as a slight bit rude, but he means no disrespect. In this church we worship the patron-god of the Empire, Solaris. He is our light in the darkness, the sun that nourishes bountiful harvest and the fires of war that consume our enemies. His aspects are the sun and fire, and as such he is most commonly depicted with the symbol of a stylized sun. Now, as I mentioned before, he is the patron-god of the empire. The first emperor, who united all factions on the great plains and drove out those who would take away the freedom of his people, was givin the divine blessings of Solaris during his life, and is at the side of our god in his death.

Of course, this doesn't mean that we believe there are no other gods. Many different places in the empire have their own local faiths and deities. However, Solaris is the most powerful of them all and all citizens of the empire, no matter in what distant corner they might be, worhsip him and receive his blessings."

((We'll just say Tomo also got her share somehow, cause I kinda lost track where she is exactly, as Hailfire hasn't posted last turn. ))

You wait until darkness falls and stake out the small house from across the street. When the lights go out, you make your way over to the small wall and make sure no-one saw you. You jump the wall and go to the back door, slipping your lockpicks from under your coat and get to work. [4+1] you fumble around a bit but can't quite seem to get the lock open. Bugger all. you've made quite a bit of noise fumbling around with the lock, but it seems no-one has heard you yet.

"The divine curse sounds interesting! I'd like to try my hand at that, if you don't mind. Is there anything else you can tell me about that whole business? Anybody I should contact?"
The man at the desk thinks for a moment. "Well, I suppose you should start with the priests across the street. They could probably fill you in and give you the adress or whereabouts of the girl. They'll probably have the details written down in triplicate, bloody bureaucrats.

As for information, I suppose I could share a few tidbits of wisdom. First of all, be careful. These so called...'gods'"
He pronounces the word as one might pronounce a particularly nasty veneral disease. "are rather finnicky. We, the magi as a whole, don't know exactly what their origin or purpose is, but rest assured that they do, quite assuredly, exist. Their powers and disposition towards humans varies greatly. Honestly, since the woman has gotten herself cursed, you can assume that he isn't completely adverse to humans, but doesn't quite like when a mortal insults them. And trust me on this one, these beings get insulted by the silliest things.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is find out exactly what the curse is and find a way to work around it. You can try to lift it, but I wouldn't exactly count on the god to be in a good enough mood to sipmly give in and lift it just like that. They do like their little curses and tests and visions. Being a god must be dreadfully boring. "

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:32:05 pm by Pancaek »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : curses and lemonade
« Reply #290 on: February 08, 2014, 04:10:51 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)

Tomo shifts nervously under her cloak as she waits for Moskar, sitting on a bench on the opposite side of the street from the Big Scary Sun Place- she could almost feel it glowering down at her, and just looking at it made her itch all over. This was compounded by the fact that waiting really wasn't her thing; guarding, sure! She could stand watch all day and all night! ...But just waiting around with nothing to do was boring, and she hadn't seen this many people in one place for a long, long time... everything about the situation just made her uncomfortable.

Get up and take a walk though the city; anywhere but here is good. Keep an eye out for shiny things on the ground!
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 08, 2014, 04:57:02 pm »

Forge a mithril katana.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 08, 2014, 06:44:32 pm »

"Thank you kindly! I will endeavor to end this curse business to the best of my ability!"

Seek out priests and question them about this curse business.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 08, 2014, 08:04:56 pm »

Moskar looks a bit unsure at the priest's words at first, but he waits until the man is finished before speaking up, glancing over to the first priest and back.
"Paperwork? Should not the wordss of your god be shouted from the rooftopss and temple-towerss in song, not scrawled into some papyrus to be forgotten? It would seem to me that a priesst should be glad for the chance to speak their god'ss praises."

He shrugged one wide shoulder after a moment, forcing the annoyance from his tone and moving onto a different topic.
"Tell me, was a warrior named..." he hesitated a moment, struggling to recall the words inscribed upon the stone tomb in the human language, "Ser Artor the... Tanshious? Tennacus? ...Whatever the name, wass he a follower of your 'Solaris'? From what I have read, thiss 'Artor' was quite an impressive warrior."

>Criticize the priests for sitting around doing paperwork when they could be off spreading their god's word!
>Then ask whether the priest knows of Sir Artor The Tenacious, and if he was a follower of Solaris. Ask for more information about the man if possible

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 08, 2014, 08:18:35 pm »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 09, 2014, 12:53:56 am »

Seanna watches the man playing for  while, ready to leave when Egen is.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 09, 2014, 04:57:10 am »

((Just a little shout-out, Harry's cursed girl was inspired by Radio Controlled. There will probably be more of these little shout-outs, because he's given me quite the treasure trove of neat ideas already))
Aww, many thanks good sir, you are too kind.

Some people might argue that I should just take that 'treasure trove of ideas' and go create my own RTD already, but alas, that path is fraught with problems, time constraints and my own shortcomings. So I'll just have to make due with giving other people ideas. speaking of which, remind me to tell you the cabbage idea.

@Yoink. Well, I imagined the lizardpeople as mostly nomadic with a few permanent cities based around oases. But honestly, I hadn't really thought about their religion all that much. Knock yourself out in making something up if you want to, I'll try to roll with whatever you give me unless it's too ridiculous.
Well, if Yoink can't think of something, I could come up with a few starting ideas.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 09, 2014, 09:02:57 am »

Egen glances at Seanna, "I'm ready to leave whenever you are."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 09, 2014, 10:34:30 am »

Butt. Just my luck.

See if the windows are open or if I can unlock them without causing too much noise. If positive, climb in.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 09, 2014, 12:03:59 pm »

Egen glances at Seanna, "I'm ready to leave whenever you are."
Seanna grins back at Egen.
"Well I've got nothing to do. Wanna go find the others or something?"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54