Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79168 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Shoveling evil out of the way
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2014, 03:48:35 pm »

Moskar curled his lip with disgust at the ghost's tale.
"Foolissh," he growls, letting his arms hang by his side as he sneers at the ghost, "Attempting to rob ssuch a place. A fitting end for you."
For a moment he looks as though he's about to let loose a few choice insults at the dead, hapless tomb robber, but he turns instead to Tomo with an expression of... well, somewhat less hostility.
"There is nothinng for uss to take here, human," he rumbles, "I shall go back and receive my payment from the priesst. Follow, if you wish."
With that he shrugs, slings the shield across his back, and makes for the exit.

>Leave the heavy sledgehammer, strap the shield across my back, then leave with-or-without Tomo.

>Not knowing about the whole 'go to X other town to receive payment', I'll just head back to the church we received this little job from. See if the priest is there.

Edit: > ...Do my best to deflect any over-exuberant zombie tackle-hugs.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:31:56 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2014, 06:25:34 pm »

Tomo nods at Percy's story, satisfied. "No questions, Mr. Scalyperson?

Hokay! Diiiiiis-missed!"

With that business concluded, Tomo spins, going at Moskar with something somewhere between a tackle and a hug with a delighted squeal. "Eeeeeeeee! Tomo did the ghosty thing! Master is going to be so proud!" Judging by her expression, were she still able to shed tears, she would be weeping with joy. "Master always thought Tomo could never do wizardy things, and even if Tomo could, Tomo couldn't because Tomo's brain was too rottened!"

She backs up, thumping her chest proudly."But by staying active and eating lots of brains, Tomo has overcome that! Now Tomo is going to learn all the wizardy things so that Tomo can show Master when we find Master! And now Tomo has two special skills! Tomo feels so lucky!"

With a skip in my step, follow Moskar back to town! On the way out, though, loot the necromancer's body and eat his brains to celebrate- don't want to touch the tomb robber in case the face-melties are contagious. Don't enter the temple when we get back; while Moskar's talking to the priest, see if I can glean anything else from the Big Black Book of Wizardy Things.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:32:58 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2014, 07:28:17 pm »

Egen keeps hanging out with Seanna, I guess.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2014, 02:19:47 am »

Seanna goes cruising for swords. Katanas to be precise.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2014, 12:39:35 pm »

((Today both Avis-Mergulus and Smurfingtonthethird will be joining us. ))

Seek intriguing opportunities for adventuring! I am an adventurer fish, and I am looking for the shiny hook of excitement and intrigue!
You walk through the streets of the city with a confident swagger, searching for adventure. This world is your ocean, this city is your oyster. You notice a few things that might give oppertunities for adventure. There are some posters hung up on the streetlights, they seem to be for a missing cat. You noticed a man in what seems like a ringmasters uniform talking to some street performers. Talking to the bartender at the local pub, you also learn that the mages in the white tower regularely have interesting, albeit weird and dangerous jobs, but they tend to be rather picky.

>Leave the heavy sledgehammer, strap the shield across my back, then leave with-or-without Tomo.

>Not knowing about the whole 'go to X other town to receive payment', I'll just head back to the church we received this little job from. See if the priest is there.

Edit: > ...Do my best to deflect any over-exuberant zombie tackle-hugs.
With a skip in my step, follow Moskar back to town! On the way out, though, loot the necromancer's body and eat his brains to celebrate- don't want to touch the tomb robber in case the face-melties are contagious. Don't enter the temple when we get back; while Moskar's talking to the priest, see if I can glean anything else from the Big Black Book of Wizardy Things.
Tomo, very proud of her achievement, rushes toward Moskar for a tackle-hug. [1]vs[9] Instead of doing that however, she manages to trip over her own feet and her face starts moving towards the floor with alarming speed. Moskar reacts fast, and puts out his arm to catch the clumsy undead girl. The duo exits the fallen warrior's tomb and goes for the exit. In the large crypt, Moskar goes to pick up the round shield and straps it to his back. Tomo, meanwhile, goes to loot Kenneth.

The dead necromancer didn't have much good stuff on him, all she finds is a single stone infused with lightning runes. She pockets the single-cast lightning spell, and decides to also take his robe, as it is rather fancy and might fetch a decent price. She then goes to find a nice sharp rock and bashes his head open against it, eating his brain. [4] it's rather somewhat bland, and all in all rather mediocre.

The two then exit the crypt and the graveyard, and head for the town of Saanan once more. By the time they arrive, it's approaching noon. Moksar enters the chapel to talk to the priest. "Ah, yes. Your companions passed through here quite some time ago. Unfortunately, you will have to go to the next town over for your payment, I'm afraid. You certainly have my thanks for solving our undead problem in such a timely manner"

Tomo, having decided to stay outside, leafs through the black book she looted earlier. All of the magic runes seem to have been used up, so she cannot find another inscribed spell, unfortunately. From some pages that seem to have been written by kenneth himself, she does learn that while necromancy in general is very much frowned upon, but only certain parts are illegal. Raising the bodies of the deceased after they have been dead long enough that no chance of resurrection is possible is generally allowed. Raising ghosts is only frowend upon by some races, as the ghosts, when raised, retain their free will and can simply go back to where they came from at any moment. Attempting to bind spirits of deceased, sentient beings however, seems to be highly illegal. The elves even put immediate execution on this offence. There is some writing in there about attempting to merge raised bodies and spirits together, but the writing abrubtly ends there.

After this, Tomo and Moskar both go to the town of Belgrad and to the large church, pocketing their share of the payment, 80 gold coins each.

Egen keeps hanging out with Seanna, I guess.
Seanna goes cruising for swords. Katanas to be precise.
The blacksmith is silent for a bit after you told him you are okay with his price, and then starts counting out you coins. "Allright then, 250 coins for the lovely lady. Here you go, have a nice day and come again."

Seanna, followed closely by Egen, leaves the shop. Upon leaving, they notice one of the blacksmiths helper put a pair of knives on display behind the window, bearing a price tag that reads 750. You walk around the market in search for katanas. After what feels like walking for miles, you come to a small stand on which a few katanas are placed. from left to right, there is a very pretty katana with a white scabbard, beatifully engraved with a scene of a tiger and a dragon doing battle. Next to it is a somewhat less visually impressive katana, it's scabbard being plain blue in colour. in its pommel is set a clear gemstone. The third Katana is perhaps the ugliest of the three. It's scabbard is dark brown, but the paint is flaking off in places, leaving grey spots. The blade itself is structurally sound, but you'd have to sharpen it to get it really effective again.

Zenn Ma Tov

Honestly, you don't think this day can get much worse. You are laying in a dark alley, surrounded by three thugs. Their leader, a man called Gor'Mak, is so ugly you cannot help but wonder if his parents were a troll and a particularely hideous giant. After kicking you in the ribs once more, he speaks up. "So what, ya bastard. You think you can pickpocket on out turf, without paying us for the...uhhh....privilige of working on our terrain? Tell ya what, if you don't get me at least 100 coins worth of goods by the end of today, I'll have my boys here beat you half to death and throw you in the sewers for the rats to eat."   He leans in close "Better run, little pickpocket, the time is ticking." And with that, they leave you alone in the alley.

Picking yourself off from the ground, and rub your sore ribs. As you make your way back to the main street , the ever present and ever annoying voice inside of your head decides to speak up again. "Ah, cheer up, meatbag. It's not that bad, they could've just killed you right then and there. Still, this is a far cry from the days where we robbed the homes of nobles. Somewhat expected from a worthless human, but hey"

Garm

You're putting away some metal working tools in the work-area. You first came here from your ancestral island to learn more about metallurgy. After a lot of drifting from place to place, you finally found a blacksmith that would take you in as apprentice. By now, the chitin on your arms and slender fingers is blackened with soot, but that doesn't really bother you anymore. The blacksmith enter the workplace, laughing. "Hah, some girl wanted to sell me a set of daggers with returning runes. So obviously I started with a ridiculously low price, and she accepted right away!" The large man has a hearthy chuckle. "I swear, tourists sometimes. Anyway, I'm pretty impressed at the rate you've been learning the trade. Honestly, there isn't much I can teach you." He stops suddenly, and you can read from his face that a thought has entered his mind. "There is one more thing I could teach you, but you'll have to earn it. Let's ourselves a little challenge. Take this." He hands you a coinpurse, inside are 60 coins. "If you can make me a worthy weapon with this, I'll teach you an extra technique."

((I'll update the Op and add your characters to the dropbox thingy in a bit.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2014, 01:03:05 pm »

((DAMN BASTARDS. I HATE PLAYING SOCIALLY INADEQUATE PEOPLE.))

Seanna stares at the new price of the daggers for a moment until she realises she's been had. She looks up at the blacksmith for a second and then stares down at the ground, her ears and tail drooping low.
"Le-let's go Egen." she says, sounding miserable. Almost as though she is holding back a tear or two. With a final hurried glance up at the blacksmith who swindled her with unshed tears in her eyes, Seanna dashes off into the market.

((FEEL GUILT FOR TORMENTING AN ADORABLE KITSUNE WHO HAS NO IDEA OF HOW TO BARGAIN OR WHAT HAGGLING EVEN IS YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD.))

Perking up slightly at the katanas, she looks carefully at each and asks after their prices.

((Edit: smurfington, the guy teaching you is a dick.))
((Edit2: She isn't acting to make him feel bad, this is Seanna being cheated by someone for the first time. She's spent her entire life being told that honour, truth and integrity are all important. Humans have - so far - been nothing but dicks. Apart from the Riddle Wizard of course. Kinda hoping we meet him again.))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:07:46 pm by Gamerlord »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : New blood
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2014, 01:05:26 pm »

"Yee! Adventure is everywhere in this town!"

To the white tower!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2014, 01:05:49 pm »

Seanna stares at the new price of the daggers for a moment until she realises she's been had. She looks up at the blacksmith for a second and then stares down at the ground, her ears and tail drooping low.
"Le-let's go Egen." she says, sounding miserable. Almost as though she is holding back a tear or two. With a final hurried glance up at the blacksmith who swindled her with unshed tears in her eyes, Seanna dashes off into the market.

"Uh... Yeah. Sure." Egen looks a bit confused, but follows Seanna anyways.

Perking up slightly at the katanas, she looks carefully at each and asks after their prices.

Egen sweeps a disinterested eye over the katanad, "We still have to pay off the innkeeper, you know."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2014, 01:10:14 pm »

Seanna loses what little cheerfulness she had regained. "I know."

After a few moments she looks up at Egen for a split second before looking down and mumbling.
"Why did he do that to me?"
((Congrats. Now you get to tell the naive girl about how people are arseholes! Enjoy your present! :P))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2014, 01:11:49 pm »

After a few moments she looks up at Egen for a split second before looking down and mumbling.
"Why did he do that to me?"

"What?"

((Congrats. Now you get to tell the naive girl about how people are arseholes! Enjoy your present! :P))

((Oh boy. And Egen isn't much better too.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2014, 01:16:04 pm »

((The city is going to eat us, isn't it?))

"He gave me that much... And now he's gonna sell it for three times as much!" She huffs slightly. "He was lying about how much they were worth!"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2014, 01:20:25 pm »

"He gave me that much... And now he's gonna sell it for three times as much!" She huffs slightly. "He was lieing about how much they were worth!"

"Oh. But he has to make money too, you know. He can't just buy stuff at how much they're worth."

((The city is going to eat us, isn't it?))

((Probably.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2014, 01:25:01 pm »

"But... Three times as much? He couldn't even give me a little more?"
Seanna sighs.
"All the same. All the fucking same!"
Seanna guiltily looks at her feet as though she expects to be reprimanded.
"Oh... I keep forgetting he isn't here to tell me off anymore."
She rubs the back of her head and turns back to the blades.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2014, 01:27:03 pm »

"But... Three times as much? He couldn't even give me a little more?"
Seanna sighs.
"All the same. All the fucking same!"
Seanna guiltily looks at her feet as though she expects to be reprimanded.
"Oh... I keep forgetting he isn't here to tell me off anymore."
She rubs the back of her head and turns back to the blades.

Egen looks a bit confused, "Uh, what was that last part?"

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2014, 01:46:24 pm »

I piss on the gods. How did I end up in this situation? Probably a bout of idiocy induced by... Oh well. Not gonna pay the ugly bastard, better bite the dust. However, some money would be nice... And if Gor'Buttface catches me, I can at least pretend I'm a good little boy, working hard to fork over the money I supposedly owe him. Gotta pass on pickpocketry, though. Don't want to end up having to pay two shitheads instead of one. Zenn winces and his hands twitch. Thank God the bastard didn't break my fingers. His expression becomes even grimmer. Not much to do during the day, though. Market-robbing? Yeah, I'll just head over to jail and ask them to give me free grub. Cardsharping? Not really my forte... Let's hope he was bragging and not seriously intending to waste effort chasing after a random pickpocket who owes him a few coppers.
Zenn sighs: he can tell the decision is bad by the way the bootprint on his left buttock itches.

Assess self for traces of money. Then go scout around for a house which looks like I could burgle it after sundown.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:52:02 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54