Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79028 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Hard times
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2014, 06:43:17 pm »

Follow strange-folk.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2014, 06:56:53 pm »

Follow strange-folk.
You follow the strange trio into the crypt, and are presented by the same scene. The man turns to you.
"Ah, a halfbreed, who hungers for adventure. Delight me by solving this riddle, and I shall grant you a piece of wisdom of your choice. I am up, I am down, I am everywhere around. I am in, I am out,  yet only some can grab and use me. What am I?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2014, 01:43:48 am »

"The only thing that I can think of that might fit that is clay. Clay comes from earth, it is strengthened in fire, it rests high in the layers of the earth, when baked can hold water and usually is found bordering riverbanks; 'defending' against the water."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2014, 02:15:44 am »

Moskar bares his fangs in a scowl as the others wander off, evidently distracted.
'Typical. Ah well, it will give me more room to work.' He then glares at the crypt's guardian for a long moment, congealed zombie blood dripping from his cleaver as he considers killing him, too, before moving past and stomping down into the darkness of the crypt.

>Push Move past the ghost and enter the crypt he was guarding, ready to kill whatever's inside.

>If the ghost makes any threatening moves, swing at him as well- intangibility be damned!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2014, 03:06:34 am »

Tomo looks on indifferently as over half the group goes scrambling over each other towards the other building at the mention of danger here and rewards there, and Moskar pushes past into the crypt. It seemed like a fair distribution of labour, after all: They were here for a purpose- finding Master, of course- and Mr. Scaleyperson was demonstrably choppy, so he should be adequate backup; if the rest ran off to go looting, they probably wouldn't be any good in a fight anyway, and they were still covering ground nonetheless.

With a quick shake of her head to refocus after those mental gymnastics and a wave goodbye to the ghost, she follows Moskar into the crypt; if there was any treasure left in the other tomb by the time she got back, she'd worry about it then.

She had a face to eat, after all.

Into the crypt, riddle wizards can wait!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:46:47 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2014, 05:02:34 am »

"Hmm... hmm... the beginning of the end, the end of space, the beginning of eternity..."

Nosegay pretends to scratch his nose - can't actually do that, would disturb the makeup -, then give his answer.

"I do believe it is marriage, good sir!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2014, 03:22:04 pm »

--Mini-update, talking to mad mages--
((Not yet doing yoink and hailfire, as hailfire hasn't completed her post yet.))

Seanna
"Hmm, yes, I believe that would work. I was going for roofing tiles, but I can see the logic you used to come up with your answer. Both are made out of clay, after all.  Well done. Ask what you will"
He stand there, hands folded over his chest, waiting.

Nosegay
"Marriage eh? hmm..." The wizard paces back and forth, passing through the big sarcophagus several times. "Yes! I can see how you would come to that conclusion. A splendid and amusing answer, I am glad I never got married in my lifetime. You may claim your prize!" He stands there, hands clasped behind his back, waiting for you to speak.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2014, 03:38:56 pm »

"Is the path my life is taking going to end well, or should I take another?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2014, 03:57:48 pm »

"Err... Is it a sword? You mine iron from the ground, smelt it, forge it and then use it to attack or defend yourself."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2014, 04:34:53 pm »

Egen

"Err... Is it a sword? You mine iron from the ground, smelt it, forge it and then use it to attack or defend yourself."
"Yes, indeed, well done. Also acceptable would have been 'iron' or 'gate'. You should have been around when Volgar the berserker was still alive. He had a habit of taken random items and beating people to a pulp with it. Took this big iron gate, you know the ornamental type rich folks like to have, and beat 5 people to death with it." He looks wistful for a second "Good times...anyway, ask your question"

Seanna
"Is the path my life is taking going to end well, or should I take another?"
"Hmm, that's a rather big question. SHort answer would be, it depends." He floats up and sits on the corner of the sarcophagus. "I know much, but I can't read futures you know. I suppose it all comes down to what you want in life. You could have stayed in your native land, I am sure you would have found a nice greater spirit to marry and be a wife. Right now, it seems you are on the path of adventure, your friends seem like an interesting bunch at the very least. Of course even if your adventure leads nowhere, you might have been invested enough in it that cognitive dissonance rears its ugly head and you still percieve everything as worthwhile. Honestly, I have no idea, these are question for philosophers, not magi as myself. We are, as a whole, not really all that in touch with things like 'feelings' and 'good and right'." He hops off. "That was a bit of an anticlimax, I think I'll grant you an extra, small question to make up for it. "

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »

"Oh! A second? O-oh thank you! Er... That clown man... is he mad? I don't mean crazy-mad, I know he's that, but is he dangerous-mad?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2014, 06:16:45 pm »

"Ah, a question from me to you, yes? Let me think a second... ah, yes. Of course! I have it!"

Nosegay clears his throat briefly.

"My question is... what is the funniest event you recall from your entire existence?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2014, 06:37:16 pm »

((Allright, last update for tonight. I'm going to do yoink and hailfire after all. If Hail changes anything in her updated turn, I'll just retroactively fix it. Also, I've made a slight change to the magic system, in that you now need to learn spells. So you will no longer be able to cast any effect from your known school, but you'll have to aqcuire the spells in that school. I'll update the dropbox doc to reflect this for Egen, as she's the only one who already has magic.

Also, Lots of work tomorrow, so maybe I'll have to skip an update if I fall behind on my shedule.))

"Oh! A second? O-oh thank you! Er... That clown man... is he mad? I don't mean crazy-mad, I know he's that, but is he dangerous-mad?"
"Oh yes, quite mad. But then, one cannot succeed at being a clown, a jester, a noble entertainer if one is not somewhat unhinged. I don't think he's dangerous, however. Not to his allies, at the very least.

Well, that was it for your questions, now we just wait until your friends are done. Tell me, how is the world holding up in my absence?"

"Ah, a question from me to you, yes? Let me think a second... ah, yes. Of course! I have it!"

Nosegay clears his throat briefly.

"My question is... what is the funniest event you recall from your entire existence?"
"Hmm, let me see. I honestly do not remember all of my former life, I did get quite old you know. I suppose the time I was with an expedition on one of the islands in the southern seas was quite amusing. You see,our little expeditionary force consisted of myself, a couple of elven rangers and an elven emissary. We were there on a mission from one of the elven kings, and this emissary was the most hoity-toity stickler for politeness you could imagine. Alway polite, always dressed in his fine silken robes and never one to dirty his own hands. Now, turns out this island was actually one big swamp once you went inland. So, we keep going and going and by now our emissary has been reduced to a bugbite-ridden wreck of a man.

Imagine his suprise when we actually found a small village, filled with tribal insect people! The man was overjoyed that he had found a modicum of civilization. So that night, we were invited into the chieftains' house and the emissary was offered a strange kind of white ball, nestled in a bunch of leaves. Of course, ever the sycophant, he immediatly ingested all of it, not asking what the food was."

The mage suddenly laughs out loud, and has to hold onto the sarcophagus to steady himself.

"turns out....turns out he was being offered one of their eggs, so that hatchling could become his personal servant! You should have seen his face! He threw up all over the chieftain and we hightailed it out of there. He threw up the entire boatride home." he chuckles, then becomes a bit more serious "Of course he twisted the story in his favor and the elven king had the entire island wiped off of the map, but it was funny at the time. But enough about me, let's talk about you. How about I give you an extra, small question?"

Back at the larger crypt
>Push Move past the ghost and enter the crypt he was guarding, ready to kill whatever's inside.

>If the ghost makes any threatening moves, swing at him as well- intangibility be damned!
Into the crypt, riddle wizards can wait!

Moskar bares his fangs at the ghost, but the dead man simply smiles at him and steps aside. Moskar opens the heavy iron gate and begins his descent, Tomo follows him after waving goodbye to the ghost. It takes them a solid minute to reach the end of the stairs. The way down is damp and dark, fungus and weeds have grown into the cracks of the stonework. At the bottom of the stairs you find a large stone door, the hinges rusted shut. Moskar puts his hands against the door and pushes against it.

[8] He doesn't even really break a sweat as the door slowly but surely screetches open. The duo find themselves in a rectangualar room. The walls are lined with caskets, most of them have begun to rot away, and some have even fallen apart completely. A quick inspection reveals that almost all of these caskets are empty. At the opposite side of the stone door you see that a section of wall has been torn down and a tunnel has been dug. There are torches along the inside of the tunnel, shining a faint light into the chamber. It seems the tunnel bends left. You hear a voice from somewhere beyond the tunnel, faintly.

"Gods damnit, I bet that stupid ghost let in some of the failures again. You two, go throw those worthless sacks of maggots out of here."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Riddles and Crypts, oh my
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2014, 06:49:58 pm »

Egen scratches her head, "Um... Give me a second, I'll think of something. Oh, I got it! Where is Tomo's Master?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Riddles and Crypts, oh my
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2014, 07:03:02 pm »

"I don't rightfully know ser. I've been studying as an apprentice for years now... I haven't had much chance to see or hear from the world. The little that I do know is... disturbing."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54