Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 78958 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Hard times
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2014, 05:32:26 pm »

"Master probably not here;" Tomo concludes after spending a moment processing the name the ghost gave her, "is much too shabby, and that does not sound like Master's name." She seems to have an idea, and leans in towards the 'ghost', giving him a toothy grin and her best approximation of a conspiratorial whisper... which isn't really much quieter than her (higher-than) normal speaking volume.

"You know, Mr. Ghost, Tomo is not mortals, so you don't have to stop Tomo. If Mr. Ghost lets Tomo through so Tomo can look for Master, Tomo will eat this person's face for you."
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2014, 05:33:29 pm »

((I'm all for Tomo eating Nosegay's face. He'll probably just find some way to make it comic.))

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2014, 05:39:57 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2014, 05:42:06 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2014, 07:47:32 am »

--mini-turn: talking to blanket guy--
"Hold on, my compatriots! I believe I hear a voice... FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE! It is close... ah, I can hear its voice! The great spirit wants us... to find the abominable necromancer Kenneth desecrating this sacred place, humorously beat him into submission and bring him to justice! Yes, I am sure of it! Follow me, my allies! We must seek that horrible disturber of all things better left dead, Kenneth!"

Seek Kenneth if the ghost lets me pass. If not, scratch head and come up with better, secret plan.
You take a step towards the door of the crypt, but an invisible force stops you. "I'm afraid that as long as I am bound here, there is no way for you to enter this crypt. The man who bound me here might have been a bumbling fool, but the binding spell was cast and I am stuck guarding this door."

"Master probably not here;" Tomo concludes after spending a moment processing the name the ghost gave her, "is much too shabby, and that does not sound like Master's name." She seems to have an idea, and leans in towards the 'ghost', giving him a toothy grin and her best approximation of a conspiratorial whisper... which isn't really much quieter than her (higher-than) normal speaking volume.

"You know, Mr. Ghost, Tomo is not mortals, so you don't have to stop Tomo. If Mr. Ghost lets Tomo through so Tomo can look for Master, Tomo will eat this person's face for you."
After the man talks to nosegay, he turns to you. "I am sorry, little miss, but I'm afraid the exact directive was 'Let none but me pass through this door'. I implore one of you to say the words of power out loud so that I might be free of this blasted curse and actually help you on your way. Again, the words are 'Kenneth is awesome'. The fool didn't even think of putting a spell of silence on me..." He shrugs, then points across the graveyard. "You might also want to go over to the small crypt over there. It's the grave of some old wizard, I believe, and he just delights in giving riddles to mortals. I suppose we all need a way to spend our death."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2014, 07:49:27 am »

Seanna brightens at that. "Oh, I like riddles!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2014, 07:49:54 am »

"Riddles, you say? Does he kill anyone who answers wrong, like a sphinx?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2014, 08:12:48 am »

"Riddles, you say? Does he kill anyone who answers wrong, like a sphinx?"
"No, I think the man is just really obsessed with riddles. He likes to reward those who indulge him in some way, I hear. In fact, I don't even think that's his grave, he just wanders from place to place. I suppose some people tend to go a bit mad when they become ghosts"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2014, 08:15:43 am »

"Rewards? Squee~ Oh and the following statement is false: Kenneth is awesome. Can we go through now?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2014, 08:17:00 am »

"To the riddle wizard, then!"

Prance over to the riddle wizard's place of residence.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2014, 08:18:39 am »

"NO! I GET TO TALK TO HIM!"

Seanna chases after Nosegay, hitting him over the head with the hilt of her sword and runs ahead to get to the riddle-wizard.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2014, 08:23:37 am »

"Let the race begin!"

If Seanna successfully chases after me, utilize banana peel against her!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2014, 08:25:43 am »

I'm a Kitsune. If a kitsune trips on a fucking banana peel she may as well cut off her bloody tail and call herself human.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2014, 08:56:07 am »

Egen looks kinda confused, and follows the two to the crypt.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2014, 06:39:35 pm »

--Late night update--

"Rewards? Squee~ Oh and the following statement is false: Kenneth is awesome. Can we go through now?"
"Finally, I can get this damned thing off. Not ghosty looking enough my cultured ass... The man pulls off the white blanket, throwing it to the ground with a scowl. What is revealed to be under the blanket is a human male of fairly unimpressive height. He is wearing standerd stravelling clothes, sturdy but not very fashionable. He has an unkempt beard and hair, but his eyes and manner of speaking betray a certain intelligence. He is also hovering about an inch off of the ground and you can clearly see the door behind him, as the man is transparent. "My thanks, The way into the crypt should be open for you now. Beware this Kenneth fellow, he seemed the most unsavory type. I believe he might have had better results raising the corpses in there than he has these blokes." He waves his hand in the direction of the zombies on the surface.

Tomo and the ghost have a little conversation, exchanging pleasantries, while Moskar and natasha put the remaining surface zombies down. This goes without much of problem, seeing as these zombies lack any kind of aggresiveness whatsoever.

Meanwhile~

"To the riddle wizard, then!"

Prance over to the riddle wizard's place of residence.
"NO! I GET TO TALK TO HIM!"

Seanna chases after Nosegay, hitting him over the head with the hilt of her sword and runs ahead to get to the riddle-wizard.
"Let the race begin!"

If Seanna successfully chases after me, utilize banana peel against her!
I'm a Kitsune. If a kitsune trips on a fucking banana peel she may as well cut off her bloody tail and call herself human.
Egen looks kinda confused, and follows the two to the crypt.

Nosegay and Seanna suddenly explode into action, sprinting among gravestones towards the smaller crypt. Seanna catches up to Nosegay, bumbing him in the head with the hilt of her sword and [4+2] manages to hit nosegay [10+1] who ignores the sword and instead looks straight into Seanna's eyes, flashing his biggest grin. Then runs into a rather impressive gravestone in the form of a weeping angel. Seanna thus overtakes, but Nosegay immediatly tosses a banana peel and [9] lands it right in the place Seanna is about to set her foot. She [3] might be a kitsune, but cannot seem to evade this perfectly placed trap. As she places her foot down onto the peel, she grins as she is sure that her almost feline grace will let her keep her balance. That's when the extra slippery slip enchantment ™ kicks in, sending her foot sliding backwards along the graveyard floor and making her bite the dirt.

As all this happening, Egen calmly walks to the crypt, a bit confused as to what the others are doing. After Nosegay and Seanna dust themselves off and catch up to Egen, they enter the crypt. The crypt isn't terribly large and in the middle there is a big sort of sarcophagus, a big stone rectangle completely inscibed by strange markings. A  tall man stand on the other end of the room, his back turned to you. You all realize, that your companions aren't standing with you, even though you're sure they entered at the same time. The man turns around, revealing an impressive sight. He is wearing Beautiful deep blue pants and shirt and over those large mantle, coming all the way to his ankles. The mantle is a deep purple, adorned with strange runic symbols embroided with what seems like siver thread. His face is equally impressive, he has a long, well kept grey beard and has a very shiny bald head. He smiles warmly, and the corners of his blue eyes crinkle witht he tell-tale wrinkles of someone who laughs frequently.

"Welcome, to the temporary tomb of wonders, do not worry about you friends, you shall meet them outside. Instead, let's have a little riddle, just you and me. Answer it right and I shall bestow upon you a piece of information of your choice. Or wisdom. Or cheese." he strokes his beard, seemingly pondering for a moment. "They are so alike, in some ways. And as an added bonus, if you collectivly solve enough riddles, there shall be a special prize."

In Nosegays pocket dimension
"Ah, a dwarf without a beard, how delightfully out-of-the-box. For you, a riddle that requires a perhaps unconventional answer. 'I am the beginning of the end. The end of space. The beginning of eternity. What am I?"

Seanna
"Ah, A fox spirit, I remember the time I spend studying your species. So hard to keep track of who is who...For you, a riddle concerning things that might as well be magical. Of the earth I was born, In fire I become strengthened . I rest very high, I am defender against water. what am I?"

Egen
"What a curious visitor I have, a person neither fully human nor fully harpy. For one who must be sick of mages and magicks, a riddle concerning something more mundane. Ripped from my birthplace, pounded and burned, Into a bloodthirty slayer or foiler of tresspassers turned. What am I?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 54