Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 78894 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Hard times
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2014, 09:22:10 am »

((To clarify, you all heard that, the inn isn't that big and the Innkeeper speaks loud enough. As for plothooks, there's the stuff the innkeep said, as Harry pointed out, the rest is up to you to find/explore/make. I'm going to try for minimal railroading here.))

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2014, 10:11:15 am »

Egen steps back with a confused look on her face. "Uh... Egen, remember?"

Tomo gives Egen a blank stare for a few moments, before realization slowly dawns on her face. "Tomo remembers Egen now! Egen is is helping Tomo and-- mages?" She abruptly turns, now obviously listening to the tail-end of the barkeep's speech, and nods approvingly afterwards, ignoring Moskar's reactionary outburst.
"Istar sounds like perfect place for Master! Tomo says we should go there too! Kitty!

Fox."
The end is much less enthusiastic, as Tomo looks disapprovingly at Seanna. She holds one hand up to her mouth, and asks Nosegay in what's possibly the world's loudest whisper: "Is Nogays sure about trusting foxes? Master tells Tomo not to trust foxes, because foxes tricksy and always invites Trubble." She moves over to Seanna, sniffing at her and examining her with a suspicious squint. "Does Tomo know you, Foxes?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2014, 10:28:16 am »

"Is Nogays sure about trusting foxes? Master tells Tomo not to trust foxes, because foxes tricksy and always invites Trubble." She moves over to Seanna, sniffing at her and examining her with a suspicious squint. "Does Tomo know you, Foxes?"

"I don't see a reason not to, Tomo. We're all in the same situation here, and people do deserve the benefit of the doubt no matter what preconceived notions we may have of their heritage. I would be quite sad if any of us proved to not be trustworthy, really, and I hope that there won't be any cause for such feelings in the future."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2014, 10:31:42 am »

"Um... Hello? I'm Seanna. Pleased to meet you."

"So, um... What do you all do? I mean, I was trained to be a swordswoman, but that's about all I'm capable of. Sorry."

"Hello Seanna. I'm glad we've got another swordswoman in the group. I'm not much of a fighter... I do know a few spells though, so I'll try my best to help!"

Tomo gives Egen a blank stare for a few moments, before realization slowly dawns on her face. "Tomo remembers Egen now! Egen is is helping Tomo and-- mages?" She abruptly turns, now obviously listening to the tail-end of the barkeep's speech, and nods approvingly afterwards, ignoring Moskar's reactionary outburst.
"Istar sounds like perfect place for Master! Tomo says we should go there too! Kitty!"

"Are you're sure they're in Istar?" Egen asks, fidgeting slightly. "It doesn't sound like a place anybody nice should be living in..."

((Hm... I'll go with navy. Also, we have a harpy, a lizardman, a catgirl and a kitsune. I guess the zombie and dwarf are the odd ones out.))

((Never thought I'd see a game where the dwarf is the odd one out. If the whole adventuring thing doesn't work out, the three of us could always open up a 'cafe'. :P))

((Question, what do we all look like? Seanna - in my mind - looks just like a human girl with red hair, fox ears and a tail. What about everyone else?))

((I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in my sign-up sheet, but if you missed it...))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I guess. Quick question - last one, I promise - just what sort of game are we doing here? Are we going to be going for power at any cost? Helping people? Spreading beautiful, beautiful chaos? Oh and this question is for the other players. Need to know so I can adjust my RPing accordingly.))

((Egen's just trying to survive at this point. Definitely not going to become evil, super powerful or anything like that. So... What Harry said.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 02:39:45 pm »

((Soo, seeing as we're still in the inn, excepting our fellow who is sunbathing, I'm going to take this oppertunity to state some things which I may have forgotten to say or that might seem obvious but were never outright said. First up, if you think I did something wrong or if you have a question, don't hesitate to send me a pm or post your question here. You can always send me a pm if you want something added into the adventure or want to work some character development/people your character knows into the game, but the ultimate decision rests with me. No 'omg I totally inherited this magic floating castle guys'

Secondly, as far as the turns go, only posts with actions that have been bolded will actually be used. I'll take your non-bolded roleplaying into account, of course.

There is no traditional overarching story. Rest assured that if you want to go and save the day, there is certainly a way. But if you want to wander around, be silly, open a bakery or stay in the inn for the rest of your damned life then that's fine by me.

and again, I have no problems with splitting parties. You can all go and have your own little adventures for my part. Just don't try to besiege a fort by yourself. Chunky salsa is in effect and even a roll of 15 with dwarven steel masterwork dagger of +1 bling will not allow you to demolish the city wall. Rolls aren't everything.

Friendly reminder, there is no charisma stat, you'll actually have to make sense when talking to NPC's.

And remember, have Fun.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:44:40 pm by Pancaek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2014, 04:16:11 pm »

((All of those points appeal to me immensely. :D))

Moskar Byal sat cross-legged in the church grounds, completely still save for the occasional, languid blink of his eyes. He was enjoying the sunshine as it warmed his blood, and idly watching the world go by, listening for sounds of life in the town.
His gaze fell to his cleaver, set on the grassy ground beside him in a crude sheath. He frowned slightly at it- it was hardly a fitting weapon for a warrior of his calibre. He had been forced to abandon his much-larger scimitar when escaping from a band of elves who had nearly killed him, and he had raided several farmsteads and houses since and the cleaver was the best replacement he could find.

Moskar made a mental note to find those elves, kill them and burn their forest to the ground. 'I do not much like forests at the best of times,' he thought as he got to his feet, buckling the cleaver back to his belt and stalking over to peer in the windows of the chapel, looking for signs of life.
He figured he should take a look at the smithy at some point while he was here, also.

>Sunbake for a while, watching the goings-on in town. 
>Then get up and take a look in/around the chapel. Is it deserted, or in use?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2014, 05:40:38 pm »

"So, then. We seem to have a group all ready to go - why don't we head out, then? To the priest first, if nobody minds - it seems to be the closest opportunity, no?"

Suggest! If everybody agrees, go visit the priest! After taking a look at the exact job notice, preferably.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2014, 08:54:24 pm »

"So, then. We seem to have a group all ready to go - why don't we head out, then? To the priest first, if nobody minds - it seems to be the closest opportunity, no?"

"Sure... I've got everything I need."

((I'd just assume that if nobody says anything that they're perfectly fine with it.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2014, 02:07:49 am »

"Um... Hello? I'm Seanna. Pleased to meet you."
"So, um... What do you all do? I mean, I was trained to be a swordswoman, but that's about all I'm capable of. Sorry."
"Hello Seanna. I'm glad we've got another swordswoman in the group. I'm not much of a fighter... I do know a few spells though, so I'll try my best to help!"
"O-okay." Seanna says with a small smile.
"Fox." The end is much less enthusiastic, as Tomo looks disapprovingly at Seanna. She holds one hand up to her mouth, and asks Nosegay in what's possibly the world's loudest whisper: "Is Nogays sure about trusting foxes? Master tells Tomo not to trust foxes, because foxes tricksy and always invites Trubble." She moves over to Seanna, sniffing at her and examining her with a suspicious squint. "Does Tomo know you, Foxes?"
"I-I don't think so.. I won't do anything bad, I promise!" she blurts out, looking alarmed at the thought of being considered untrustworthy.

"Sure... I've got everything I need."

((I'd just assume that if nobody says anything that they're perfectly fine with it.))
I'm ready, I think.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2014, 03:22:44 am »

"I don't see a reason not to, Tomo. We're all in the same situation here, and people do deserve the benefit of the doubt no matter what preconceived notions we may have of their heritage. I would be quite sad if any of us proved to not be trustworthy, really, and I hope that there won't be any cause for such feelings in the future."
"I-I don't think so.. I won't do anything bad, I promise!" she blurts out, looking alarmed at the thought of being considered untrustworthy.

Tomo eyes Seanna warily, but Nosegay's reply catches her just as she opens her mouth to deliver a retort-- and her expression goes blank, becoming the very picture of slack-jawed incomprehension as his verbosity washes over her like a tide.

"...Eh?"

"Are you're sure they're in Istar?" Egen asks, fidgeting slightly. "It doesn't sound like a place anybody nice should be living in..."

It takes a few moments and a furious head-shaking for her to recover. "T-Tomo thinks so, yes. Master likes wizardy books and hates surprise guests; lots of dead people helps!"

Suggest! If everybody agrees, go visit the priest! After taking a look at the exact job notice, preferably.

"Oppor-toonity!" she cries, punctuating her excitement by throwing her arms into the air.
Follow the group to the church, but don't enter.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2014, 08:50:12 am »

It takes a few moments and a furious head-shaking for her to recover. "T-Tomo thinks so, yes. Master likes wizardy books and hates surprise guests; lots of dead people helps!"

"Oh..." Egen glances around nervously.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2014, 08:52:48 am »

((In the interest of moving this along, I'm just going to auto TCM's roll.))

((All of those points appeal to me immensely. :D))

Moskar Byal sat cross-legged in the church grounds, completely still save for the occasional, languid blink of his eyes. He was enjoying the sunshine as it warmed his blood, and idly watching the world go by, listening for sounds of life in the town.
His gaze fell to his cleaver, set on the grassy ground beside him in a crude sheath. He frowned slightly at it- it was hardly a fitting weapon for a warrior of his calibre. He had been forced to abandon his much-larger scimitar when escaping from a band of elves who had nearly killed him, and he had raided several farmsteads and houses since and the cleaver was the best replacement he could find.

Moskar made a mental note to find those elves, kill them and burn their forest to the ground. 'I do not much like forests at the best of times,' he thought as he got to his feet, buckling the cleaver back to his belt and stalking over to peer in the windows of the chapel, looking for signs of life.
He figured he should take a look at the smithy at some point while he was here, also.

>Sunbake for a while, watching the goings-on in town. 
>Then get up and take a look in/around the chapel. Is it deserted, or in use?

You enjoy the warmth of the sun for a while more while looking around. You can see the hustle and bustle of the town, people going to and from their work, goods being sold. You remember there being at least twice as many people here not two months ago, the inability to cross the borders hasn't been good for business and the riots of the first month claimed a few lives. 

You stand up, stretching your legs. you move towards the chapel and push open the heavy wooden doors effortlessly. The inside of the chapel is very bright, due to the large stained glass window at the end. There is only the priest, standing before the window depicting a large stylized sun, but you assume the chapel is visited often enough from the prayer candles that are burning. as you move to the priest, the group of people from the inn also enters the chapel. How bothersome.

Tomo eyes Seanna warily, but Nosegay's reply catches her just as she opens her mouth to deliver a retort-- and her expression goes blank, becoming the very picture of slack-jawed incomprehension as his verbosity washes over her like a tide.

"...Eh?"

"Oppor-toonity!" she cries, punctuating her excitement by throwing her arms into the air.
Follow the group to the church, but don't enter.
You all enter the chapel with the exception of Tomo, who stays outside. The priest turns around, having heard the commotion. Nosegay takes the lead, bowing until his nose almost touches the floor and then springing back up with a flourish, and explains they are here to listen what the priest wants.
"Welcome travellers. I had almost given up hope that anyone would come to aid me. We have a situation with the graveyard outside of our town. There have been sightings of the undead. Most of the graves on the surface are civilians, so those shouldn't prove too much trouble for seasoned fighters as yourself."
His face goes grave, and his voice sounds somewhat shaken now.
"There have also been rumors of ghosts, spirits of the dead dragged back from beyond the grave. Grey Necromancy, a most heinous practice. I would ask of you to go investigate this graveyard and rid it of its undead problem. I shall mark its location on your map, it is to the northwest of our little town."
He gives each of you a piece of paper detailing what is expected of you should you accept this task.
"Now please, I must go and pray for the spirits of those who were wronged."
And with that he ushers you outside.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2014, 09:03:00 am »

"Ah, undead. Well, luckily we are all highly experienced in the ways of both adventure and undead elimination, right, people? Oh, wait! Idea!"

Head back inside the chapel.

"Excuse me, good holy man, but can we borrow some holy water, perhaps, if you have any? As well as some salt?"

After asking and perhaps even receiving some goods to fight undead with, head back outside, check pockets. How much money do I have? And what's in my clown bag, exactly? Does it have any sticks of butter, weapon-like implements or a fake baby, perhaps?

"I'd urge you to check your resources as well, my good fellows! If we choose to fight these undead - though it seems like it did not occur to the holy of holies that we might opt out to begin with - we may need goods! Weaponry! And lots of salt!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2014, 09:25:00 am »

All...right...then.
Check my stuff.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2014, 11:51:05 am »

--another mini turn, because really, you shouldn't have to waste a turn checking your inventory--

Head back inside the chapel.
After asking and perhaps even receiving some goods to fight undead with, head back outside, check pockets. How much money do I have? And what's in my clown bag, exactly? Does it have any sticks of butter, weapon-like implements or a fake baby, perhaps?
You head back inside the chapel and ask the priest for holy water. He seems somewhat suprised, but directs you towards a small basin. "Take however much you want, and may the blessing of Solaris illuminate your path. I'm afraid I don't have salt at hand though, perhaps you could check the inn?" You fill up a flask with holy water and snag a big salt shaker from one of the tables at the inn. The innkeeper looks at you with an amused expression, but doesn't object.

All...right...then.
Check my stuff.
Ain't nobody got time for that, so here's all of your inventories. You all have your travelling clothes, whatever those might be, these do not grant bonuses or armor.
Nosegay: clown bag: contains some rope, a change of clown uniform, a horn, three patented stay fresh banana peels, extra slippery, a rubber chicken, and a bunch of colored handkerchiefs. >salt >holy water
-Egen: Magic 101: by archmage Edric. A book also commenly referred to as the 'wizard's companion' or the 'pocket library'. Has all the information a new follower of the magic arts could need.
-Tomo: walking stick: A stick from one of the travellers you ate. Its a hefty wooden thing, coming up just above your hip.
-Moskar: chipped cleaver: A hefty cleaver like a butcher's.
-Natasha: Old cutlass: It's a cutlass, well used but not so well maintained. Still a dangerous thing, though.
-Seanna: Iron wakazashi: something between a large shortsword and a small sword. Not as sharp as it could be, due to inferior materials.

All of your inventories have a limited hammerspace, like ER's. Your not stuffing entire barrels in there, but We're not going to bitch about that one sword that's too big to fit in a bag under normal circumstances.

((edit: i've also updated the first post, adding a link to a dropbox document with all the inventories/skills. I'll try and keep this as up-to-date as possible))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:10:13 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54