Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87396 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2014, 09:29:01 pm »

Meh-heh-heh.

Now it's just a question of whether to be a Devoted Tracker Uber Charger, with a mount that has the strength of a thousand suns, or a Scout. Possibly an Air Elemental Creature Scout(because why not?).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2014, 09:41:05 pm »

Zolyap, Kobold Barbarian

I'd appreciate a couple sets of more experienced eyes looking it over; I think everything is in order, but I want to be sure. One point worth a question: On my damage bonus, do I round the 1.5 strength modifier up to 5 from 4.5 or down to 4? Also, assumed that Han's WBL really was meant to be 32,400gp for our starting equipment.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:43:12 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:54 pm »

Down to 4.

You can apply up to +6(?) of LA from templates, by the way. Barbarian is a tier 4 class. Probably Half-Dragon+others.

If you want to be mechanically powerful, drop charisma, boost wisdom and/or intelligence.

You'd have DR 3/- by the way, due to the changes to some of the rules.

Don't know if the equipment is the best choice you could make, but meh.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2014, 09:47:32 pm »

Zolyap, Kobold Barbarian

I'd appreciate a couple sets of more experienced eyes looking it over; I think everything is in order, but I want to be sure. One point worth a question: On my damage bonus, do I round the 1.5 strength modifier up to 5 from 4.5 or down to 4? Also, assumed that Han's WBL really was meant to be 32,400gp for our starting equipment.

Yes on the gold.

Down to 4.

You can apply up to +6(?) of LA from templates, by the way. Barbarian is a tier 4 class. Probably Half-Dragon+others.

If you want to be mechanically powerful, drop charisma, boost wisdom and/or intelligence.

You'd have DR 3/- by the way, due to the changes to some of the rules.

Don't know if the equipment is the best choice you could make, but meh.

Yes, F_D still has +6 LA from templates. (Unused LA might translate to other goodies of an unknown nature.)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2014, 09:48:31 pm »

Eh, I'll probably make some changes, but I'm more interested in playing something that's fun than in min/maxing for optimal damage output. Though I probably will do a lot more digging for different equipment to take.

E: I've been a-googling, but how would I apply that unused LA, in terms of stats, additional wealth, etc?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:52:10 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2014, 09:55:03 pm »

You could apply some templates. If you choose not to use the LA, I might decide to give you BOONS in game. That said, the whole LA thing is getting a bit out of hand as it is.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2014, 09:57:26 pm »

Well then have a much more reasonable sheet (Both in terms of mechanics, and how much it violates natural laws :P ): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753915
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2014, 09:59:27 pm »

It is almost underwhelming.
He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2014, 10:03:57 pm »

Yeah, someone had to do it though. Mind you, I'm playing this like an actual kobold AKA Fuck fighting fair, I'm stabbing them up the ass with a longspear. :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2014, 10:13:59 pm »

Alright. Do we have a rogue, yes or no?
And do we have an arcane caster, yes or no?

Because I'll either be a Swift Hunter(Ranger/Scout), or a Warlock Ghost. Probably a Venerable Dragonwrought one(because trolling whippersnappers about the good ol' days five centuries ago is hilarious).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2014, 10:25:41 pm »

If anyone wants me to draw their character portraits, I could use the practice, even with reptile kobolds.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2014, 10:29:17 pm »

Think you could do one of a kobold in plate armour?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2014, 10:31:19 pm »

Wait, hit dice count as levels? huh. I thought it was just number of class levels + LA, which was the point of LA.
The rules assume you read all of them, including the part where all HD (class level based or no) are added to LA to get ECL.
Ha de-bloody-ha ha. No, I never had cause to check, so I hadn't, and LA being the only LA seemed quite reasonable. I apologise for not being elite pro at this like you.
So, wait, you wanted to play a monstrous character but didn't read the rules for them? Or take 5 seconds to realize that having twice the hit points, BAB, etc, of any other 6th-ish-level character would make them a bit powerful even if it wasn't for the wings, breath weapon, and so forth?

You can become Winged for just a feat, ya know, if you're half-dragon.
Actually, all kobolds can take that feat. Or maybe a different one.

The winged template is homebrew...
Since when is Savage Species homebrew?

Those ladies' armour does not seem very practical.
About par, especially since they seem to be rather un-lady-like. And un-human-like. They're probably magical beings sort of in the shape of barely-clothed women, is what I'm trying to get at.

Not really half if you have three of those templates :P
Clearly, he is a magical chimera. Like Zelgadis, but scalier.

Alright. Do we have a rogue, yes or no?
And do we have an arcane caster, yes or no?

Because I'll either be a Swift Hunter(Ranger/Scout), or a Warlock Ghost. Probably a Venerable Dragonwrought one(because trolling whippersnappers about the good ol' days five centuries ago is hilarious).
I'm part arcane caster, but I'll be a few levels behind the curve.
(Fear me!)

If anyone wants me to draw their character portraits, I could use the practice, even with reptile kobolds.
Sounds fun. Once I work out what Drakruldus looks like, I'll let you know.

Anyways, since no one seems to have noticed me sneakily slipping it in, Drakruldus the Eventually-To-Be Mystic Theurge (or maybe Geomancer, those looked neat).

And now for some Merry Christmasing.
Races of the Dragon
Sadly, I can't find the Dracomicon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2014, 10:42:19 pm »

Uhhh, it's blank for me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2014, 10:47:13 pm »

I need to save a bit more often.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47