Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87357 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2014, 07:38:56 pm »

HMMMMM.

Is this full?

Or can I make the initial components of the Mini-Gun Monk?

EDIT: And will we be able to dip into other classes after the game starts? Will prestige classes be available?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:55:41 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2014, 07:41:59 pm »

Question for Hans: Any restrictions on what we can buy with our starting gold? Oh, and I would appreciate a bit more information on the setting for when I work out my backstory.

Nope, as long as you can provide a source if I ask for it. Magic Item Compendium is highly recommended. What specifically do you want more information on? All your characters have been inhabitants of the Dragon-Mount for their whole lives, though you obviously have done some prior adventuring, probably defending from those asshole humans that like to raid your home. Would you like to know more about the mountain? The surrounding areas? The relationships of the human empire, the mountain's inhabitants? The surrounding political climate?

Some more on the social structure of Dragon-Mount, a bit on the geography of the closer surface areas if possible, thanks.  :)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story (Full. Probably. Maybe. I'm not sure yet.)
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2014, 07:56:37 pm »

I think I have about five people?

Sirus, Flying Dice, Remuthra, Giglamesh, GWG, and possibly Taricus. I can handle one more, if you want in Rolepgeek.

Question for Hans: Any restrictions on what we can buy with our starting gold? Oh, and I would appreciate a bit more information on the setting for when I work out my backstory.

Nope, as long as you can provide a source if I ask for it. Magic Item Compendium is highly recommended. What specifically do you want more information on? All your characters have been inhabitants of the Dragon-Mount for their whole lives, though you obviously have done some prior adventuring, probably defending from those asshole humans that like to raid your home. Would you like to know more about the mountain? The surrounding areas? The relationships of the human empire, the mountain's inhabitants? The surrounding political climate?

Some more on the social structure of Dragon-Mount, a bit on the geography of the closer surface areas if possible, thanks.  :)

The Dragon-Mount is populated by a variety of races. The most 'high-ranked' you might say are the somewhat less intelligent Wyverns and Drakes, which share the Dragon's chambers. There are relatively few of them, but they are generally stronger than the other inhabitants, and more prone to instinctual violence, so they are avoided for the most part by the rest of the inhabitants. Minus the Dragon, because he gives no fucks.

After them are the Dragonkin, bipedal reptilian humanoids, about 7 feet tall. They live in little clusters of living chambers carved out near the entrances to the mountain cave network, and in a couple small villages on the sides of the mountain. (It's actually an extinct volcano, but details.)  They're not xenophobic, and they tolerate Kobolds, but they are definitely bigger and definitely not to be trifled with. Generally Kobolds will defer to a Dragonkin in most matters, but Dragonkin have been known to defer to an obviously wiser, more skilled, or more experienced Kobold. But you have to impress them first.

Next are the Lizardfolk, who don't actually live IN the mountain, so much as around the base of it. They're pretty violent and kind of stupid, so Kobolds generally stay far away from them. The Lizardfolk keep to themselves, and most of the other inhabitants use them as a meat shield between the mountain proper and the enemies outside it's boundaries. They WILL eat you if they can.

And finally, our favorite, the Kobolds. The Kobolds live in every little nook and cranny they can find, and there are ZOUNDS of them. For every one Dragonkin, there's probably fifty to a hundred Kobolds. They live in the dead magma vents and the vast underground passages under the mountain mostly. Most other races feel comfortable pushing around a couple Kobolds, but in numbers they are considered rather dangerous. The leader of the Kobolds is a small conclave of Shamans and Soothsayers that sometimes are gifted enough to speak to the Great Dragon.

Oh, and there are a VAST amount of Half Red Dragon creatures in the mountain, including Kobold half dragons, which are revered as basically gifts from the Gods. You ever seen the ability adjustments of a Half Red Dragon Dragonkin?

The Dragon-Mount is a lonely mountain, surrounded by a forest on most sides, although a bit of swamp does come pretty close to it. There's some gentle rolling hills leading up to it, and after those, there is a great plain stretching a vast distance. The bounds of the plain are not known to your people.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2014, 07:58:50 pm »

Will I have a mount as paladin?

Wait, hit dice count as levels? huh. I thought it was just number of class levels + LA, which was the point of LA.
The rules assume you read all of them, including the part where all HD (class level based or no) are added to LA to get ECL.

Ha de-bloody-ha ha. No, I never had cause to check, so I hadn't, and LA being the only LA seemed quite reasonable. I apologise for not being elite pro at this like you.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2014, 07:59:30 pm »

Sirus, Flying Dice, Remuthra, Giglamesh, GWG, and possibly Taricus. I can handle one more, if you want in Rolepgeek.
:I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2014, 08:01:11 pm »

Will I have a mount as paladin?

Wait, hit dice count as levels? huh. I thought it was just number of class levels + LA, which was the point of LA.
The rules assume you read all of them, including the part where all HD (class level based or no) are added to LA to get ECL.

Ha de-bloody-ha ha. No, I never had cause to check, so I hadn't, and LA being the only LA seemed quite reasonable. I apologise for not being elite pro at this like you.

Uh, usually a Paladin has a Warpony if they're small. But. I'll look for an appropriate small mount for you, if you really want one.

:I

I knew I forgot someone. Sirus, FD, Remuthra, Giglamesh, GWG, maybe Taricus, maybe Rolepgeek. Seven. Good enough for me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2014, 08:01:45 pm »

So what do we have so far?

As well, will prestige classes or the like become available? Dipping/entering classes outside of the PHB and such if we can provide you with the source/info on them? And will homebrew prestige classes be allowed if we present them to you so you can make adjustments? I still want to try out my Anti-Magic Templar.

And does the free LA allow for Hit Dice as well? Although, I don't know if there's many templates that do that....
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2014, 08:02:13 pm »

So, six levels of free LA? I'll take Winged for +2, then maybe the typical +4 Half Red Dragon?

Does anyone know a good Dexterity-increasing template?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »

You can become Winged for just a feat, ya know, if you're half-dragon.

As for Dex increasing templates, uhhh...I know there's plenty. I haven't played a Dex-focused class in a while though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2014, 08:06:35 pm »

A Monk maybe, a Paladin maybe, a Cleric probably, a Rogue, aaaaaand... ? I dunno.

You can take any PHB class. No dipping. :P You can get prestige classes from the PHB and other sources. The non-PHB ones are subject to my approval (Which they should get pretty easily.) No homebrew please.

I would rather you didn't take anything with LA, but if you plan on it, run it by me first. I want the mundanes to be able to keep up with the wizards and clerics when we get to higher levels. I don't want them to totally eclipse them. >.>

So, six levels of free LA? I'll take Winged for +2, then maybe the typical +4 Half Red Dragon?

Does anyone know a good Dexterity-increasing template?

Half Dragon is only +3.
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2014, 08:10:13 pm »

You can become Winged for just a feat, ya know, if you're half-dragon.

As for Dex increasing templates, uhhh...I know there's plenty. I haven't played a Dex-focused class in a while though.
The template allows me to become Winged with an extra 4 Dexterity and 50' perfect maneuverability flight, so I'll take it over the feat :P.

Could we take the Warhulk prestige class?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2014, 08:10:49 pm »

Link of some sort?
He's fucking with us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2014, 08:12:13 pm »

Awww. So we can take prestige classes as long as we run them by you, but not base classes?

:( I like Scouts...oh well...I suppose I could be a Sorceror, since we don't have an arcane caster. Or if all bases get covered, I could try for a Ranger/Paladin or some such, or a Bard. Maybe a Barbarian or a Druid. Those could be fun. What about variants of classes? Like Cloistered Cleric or X-Totem Barbarian? Or Underground/Urban Druid?

EDIT: http://dndtools.eu/classes/war-hulk/
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2014, 08:13:47 pm »

The winged template is homebrew...

Don't worry about the mount, Hans. I was just trying to remember if they did or not. I thought they did from nethack, but i didn't really know. A pony doens't really suit the setting, I think.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2014, 08:14:26 pm »

Link of some sort?
Miniatures Handbook. Find it here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47