Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87299 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 06:23:22 pm »

Oh. I see. Can someone show me a sample that I can use?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 06:24:16 pm »

Where exactly on Myth-weavers are you talking about? You just posted a link to the front page. :T
Character sheets.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 06:32:15 pm »

* Descan cracks knuckles

I'm gonna fuck it up! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 06:34:33 pm »

Does that step up for damage dice apply to Great Crossbows as well? Without it, they've got the same damage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 06:36:48 pm »

My character is gonna be a disarm-happy Monk with a sai in one hand and a dagger in the other (for damage type options).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2014, 06:38:25 pm »

I'm thinking my character is going to be a sniper-rogue.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 06:43:29 pm »

Yep. I can complain not at all about games I can play in rather than DM.

Hm. I'm thinking my goal for this is "Double Crossbows".

If I took ranks in Craft or Profession (Mechanics), could I build some manner of man-portable flying machine? Maybe a set of mechanical wings, or something?

EDIT: How do the modified Two-Weapon rules work with ranged weapons? If I use one in each hand with Two-Weapon Fighting, do I take the penalties described in the equipment section?

Hmm. If you can find something somewhere that would give me a Hitpoints, Hardness, and other such object stats for this device, then you can make the checks. I'm not guaranteeing you'll be able to craft it. (But you should be able to pretty easily.)

The equipment section above? If you have the TWF feat, and you have two one-handed weapons, you can make the amount of primary attacks you have with each weapon without any additional penalties. Basically, you take a -2 penalty and that's it, if I'm reading the rule correctly.

How long would it take me to reload two light crossbows at once? Could I set up a pulley system to allow me to switch magazines on a repeating crossbow without a free hand?

EDIT: Could I buy the Feathered Wings graft for my character? If I can't take the Winged template it's probably the best way to achieve flight.

From the SRD: Normally, operating a light crossbow requires two hands. However, you can shoot, but not load, a light crossbow with one hand at a -2 penalty on attack rolls. You can shoot a light crossbow with each hand, but you take a penalty on attack rolls as if attacking with two light weapons. This penalty is cumulative with the penalty for one-handed firing.

So two move actions. Belt of Battle? Belt of Battle. As for the repeating crossbow thing... Not really, no. I will be generous and say that it only takes a single full round action to reload them both though.

You CAN take the Feathered Wings graft, provided you can show me the rulebook it's in. And you can take the Winged Template, depending on your class.

Could a monk equip gauntlets and still hold weapons in his hands?

Why would you... Yes. IIRC, Monks suck if they have weapons. But it's been awhile since I checked Monks since they're so fucking awful.

.... Please bold questions so I can keep track of them. >.>

Does that step up for damage dice apply to Great Crossbows as well? Without it, they've got the same damage.

Yes it does. Remember, you're Small.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2014, 06:48:56 pm »

Fiend Folio for the graft. Basically, you let a fiend stitch demon wings to your body for 10000 gp. Also, the wings sneakily try to turn you evil over time.

My class would be Rogue, so probably not.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2014, 06:52:33 pm »

Monks suck if they're wearing armor. Weapons don't seem to hinder them any, since they can make unarmed attacks (which are magical at this level and become equivalent to adamantine later) using any part of their body instead of just their hands (the only class that can do this). Said unarmed attacks can be lethal or non-lethal with no attack penalties either way.

I can see how 1st level monks can suck hard, but at this point they have lots of nifty features and bonus feats that seem to make them more viable. We'll see, though; I've never actually played a monk :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 06:56:20 pm »

Fiend Folio for the graft. Basically, you let a fiend stitch demon wings to your body for 10000 gp. Also, the wings sneakily try to turn you evil over time.

My class would be Rogue, so probably not.

Rogue is Tier 4. What LA is Winged?

Monks suck if they're wearing armor. Weapons don't seem to hinder them any, since they can make unarmed attacks (which are magical at this level and become equivalent to adamantine later) using any part of their body instead of just their hands (the only class that can do this). Said unarmed attacks can be lethal or non-lethal with no attack penalties either way.

I can see how 1st level monks can suck hard, but at this point they have lots of nifty features and bonus feats that seem to make them more viable. We'll see, though; I've never actually played a monk :P

Indeed. You still get +6 LA from being the shittiest class to ever exist. Because seriously, that class blows. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2014, 06:57:01 pm »

Trust me, if you want straight power, a fighter with a two-hander can outdamage and outAC a monk pretty much by default. Monks take special accommodations to play, and are typically more like mobility-focused damage rogues. If you do go monk, though, spend your money on the Monk's Belt from the DMG.

Winged is +1 LA.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2014, 07:00:05 pm »

How about cloistered cleric? Not required, but a nice touch.

Lots of nifty features that don't synergize in any way and are equalled or exceeded by spells castable long before the monk gets them?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2014, 07:02:52 pm »

Then yes, you can have the Winged template. /me reads up on it. +4 Dex and Wis? Interesting. And a 50 feet fly speed at perfect maneuverability. Pretty nice, except I can't seem to find a source that agrees with the +1 LA thing. Are you talking about the Savage Species Winged template or another one I am unaware of?

How about cloistered cleric? Not required, but a nice touch.

Yes. You can use UA variants. :P
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »

Would it please be possible to be a young red dragon? I really don't have any ideas for a dicent kobold character, and it fits with the red dragon using it's offspring as disposable. My dragon could be doing the quest as both to avoid enraging it's parent and to find treasure and power for it to split out on it's own after. Either that or we could work something out.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Red_Dragon
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47