Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87376 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2014, 07:11:12 pm »

Would it please be possible to be a young red dragon? I really don't have any ideas for a dicent kobold character, and it fits with the red dragon using it's offspring as disposable. My dragon could be doing the quest as both to avoid enraging it's parent and to find treasure and power for it to split out on it's own after. Either that or we could work something out.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Red_Dragon

... Um. No. Dragons are sadly not a playable race. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2014, 07:12:14 pm »

Question for Hans: Any restrictions on what we can buy with our starting gold? Oh, and I would appreciate a bit more information on the setting for when I work out my backstory.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2014, 07:13:42 pm »

Would it please be possible to be a young red dragon? I really don't have any ideas for a dicent kobold character, and it fits with the red dragon using it's offspring as disposable. My dragon could be doing the quest as both to avoid enraging it's parent and to find treasure and power for it to split out on it's own after. Either that or we could work something out.
13 HD+6 LA=Um, nope.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2014, 07:14:21 pm »

... Um. No. Dragons are sadly not a playable race. >.>
Well, it has level adjustant for dragons up to young, which are +6.
Wyrmlings are +4
very young are +5
young are +6

13 HD+6 LA=Um, nope.
... what do HD have to do with it?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2014, 07:16:17 pm »

Question for Hans: Any restrictions on what we can buy with our starting gold? Oh, and I would appreciate a bit more information on the setting for when I work out my backstory.

Nope, as long as you can provide a source if I ask for it. Magic Item Compendium is highly recommended. What specifically do you want more information on? All your characters have been inhabitants of the Dragon-Mount for their whole lives, though you obviously have done some prior adventuring, probably defending from those asshole humans that like to raid your home. Would you like to know more about the mountain? The surrounding areas? The relationships of the human empire, the mountain's inhabitants? The surrounding political climate?

13 HD+6 LA=Um, nope.

This. That's 19th level, effectively. You'd have 100+ health when most other characters might, on a REALLY GOOD DAY, have 50 or so.

Which reminds me, roll for your hitpoints, except for first level. Take maximum for that one.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »

13 HD+6 LA=Um, nope.
... what do HD have to do with it?
RHD add to ECL. It's accounted for in the LA.
A young red dragon with no class levels is equivalent to a level 19 character.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2014, 07:18:11 pm »

Wait, hit dice count as levels? huh. I thought it was just number of class levels + LA, which was the point of LA.

Nevermind, I guess.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2014, 07:25:18 pm »

Could a monk equip gauntlets and still hold weapons in his hands?

Why would you... Yes. IIRC, Monks suck if they have weapons. But it's been awhile since I checked Monks since they're so fucking awful.

.... Please bold questions so I can keep track of them. >.>

Hey now.  Just because Monks get a level 1 Wizard spell as their capstone ability (except worse).  And progressing damage (which get's as high as a Fighter can purchase at level 1 if they take Monkey Grip as a feat.)  And most faster than anything other than Barbarians.  And have poor Skill gain and options.  And don't synergize with their own abilities.

If someone wants to play a Punch People Repeatedly character, just find the splatbook that has Superior Unarmed Strike or the one that has Fist of the Forest (athough Superior Unarmed Strike is better damage.)  If I had more time to use the forums, I'd join up and link you Complete Warrior and Unearthed Arcana, then go Hexblade 3/Paladin 3 and have +Cha to saves twice.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2014, 07:26:02 pm »

No, HD is effectively a level as a monster. Like I said before, if you take Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian, or Paladin. (Or monk.) You can get Half Red Dragon. And you'd be related to the Dragon. For what good that might do you.
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2014, 07:27:32 pm »

No, HD is effectively a level as a monster. Like I said before, if you take Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian, or Paladin. (Or monk.) You can get Half Red Dragon. And you'd be related to the Dragon. For what good that might do you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2014, 07:29:43 pm »

Paladin is an awesome class. I may or may not be hinting at something.

Also, no alignment restrictions on classes. FFS, I thought I already said that. >.<
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2014, 07:30:01 pm »

Um...you said monks get +4 LA. What is that and what does it do? :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2014, 07:30:11 pm »

So would a half-dragon have half as much HP as everyone else because of the LA+3? I'm getting confused here.

I think i might try a paladin, then. Never been one of those before.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2014, 07:33:22 pm »

Level Adjustment (of the free variety) can be spent on templates. Templates that will make you awesomeness incarnate. Half Red Dragon. Half Celestial. Half Fiend. Three of the easier to comprehend ones. They give bonuses to ability scores, some of them give SLAs, and Half Dragon gives immunity to fire and a breath weapon.

So would a half-dragon have half as much HP as everyone else because of the LA+3? I'm getting confused here.

I think i might try a paladin, then. Never been one of those before.

No. A Half Dragon Paladin would have roughly a normal amount of HP, although you do get a bonus to Constitution from Half Dragon. You would have 6 levels of Paladin. Which equates to 6d10+Constitution bonus.
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2014, 07:37:57 pm »

Wait, hit dice count as levels? huh. I thought it was just number of class levels + LA, which was the point of LA.
The rules assume you read all of them, including the part where all HD (class level based or no) are added to LA to get ECL.

Usually, yes. But this game has some house rules.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47