Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: NOTHING, AKA: You can define reality: A suggestion game!  (Read 11702 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: NOTHING, AKA: You can define reality: A suggestion game!
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2014, 12:19:44 pm »

No, Bob is to short, four letters is better, how about Keith? Because he wouldn't be the first logic god named Keith.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2014, 12:46:08 pm »

No, Bob is to short, four letters is better, how about Keith? Because he wouldn't be the first logic god named Keith.
Yes Keith the real god, the best god.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2014, 05:12:58 pm »

((Holy hell, I'm sorry, guys.  This is still alive, it's just that stuff came up IRL and I couldn'y find the time to get on the internet and do this.  Apologies.))

After reflecting for a long while, you come to a decision.  For the first time in a while, you reach in to the logic of reality and search the entry for yourself, finding it rather sparse. 

Mindful of the growing pressure of the void documented by the BLANK COUNTER (51%), you start manipulating your own definition.  A sense of momentum comes across you, as if this were a moment of boundary, a leap forward into an unknown cosmos.

You are the embodiment and God of logic.

You can think.  You can express concepts.  You can communicate with your Brother, Equos Fratre, God of Order and Chaos.

You have the physical shape of a sphere of influence in 4-dimensional space that can take the form of any mortal that exists at any point in spacetime, which is bound to 3D space unless freed by external forces.  Your physical shape can move through space. 

You first take the form of a very good-looking humanoid.

You have the ability to define undefined aspects of reality, grounding them, giving you control over the most integral functions of the universe.

You are the God of Logic, the spirit of the mind, creator of the universe.

You are Keith.

What do you want to do next?

A deep thrum of power flows through the depths of reality as you are enveloped by matter, bound to a physical shape, made more tangible- more easily targeted, perhaps, but also more real.

In the background, your Brother is silent, incapable of formulating words.  He splutters.  He stumbles.  He curses himself silently.  Finally, he manages, barely, to enunciate a word.

...KEITH?!

(God I love you people)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:14:46 pm by RadtheCad »
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2014, 05:33:40 pm »

((It's fine just for that update.))
>Yes brother. It's not like our names mean anything to anyone besides as a way to identify ourselves to each other. So why not Keith?

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2014, 04:54:27 am »

"I go to all the trouble of designing a meaningful, long, relatively elegant name befitting of my own godhood, describing what I wish to be and to a certain extent am,
and you name yourself...  A simple, one-syllable sound!  It's an insult to all of creation!

Equos breaks off communications and glowers, leaving behind only the message that he will be defining his physical form soon.

BLANK COUNTER:  15%

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:34 am »

Unfortunately, I get the feeling that we peeved him off a wee bit.
but, we must make ourselves a playing ground. So, in the space of the 3D plane of which we are in, we will make earth. A large wad of earth. Large enough to be the size of 1/5th the universe we have made, but compacted enough to (skipping all the science mumbo, we make the big bang, creating particles of each element to be formed around us by any god whom so pleases)

edit: I wanted to make it so that there was every element in the universe (all four) that comprised of 4/5ths the space of the universe, for manipulation and make it so that our GM has an equal ability in creating, as he controls our brother.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:34:44 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2014, 11:21:02 am »

Also we should explain to our brother that niether of our names mean anything yet besides being our way of describing ourselves and that we figure our name can shift to something more befiting later.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2014, 05:19:37 pm »

>Reason with him
Being the god of Logic, it makes more sense to have a shorter name, as our undoubted subjects will be petitioning to us. I am simply encouraging more followers, as the short name allows them to hear of me easier, and makes petitions to me simpler to word by allowing them to have a simple name. It also helps to make those that may come upon our plane unknown to my own power. Since you yourself see Keith as a weak name, what stops others with power from thinking the same? If they underestimate me, I have that advantage over them.

((If there is any problem with the color I have gone with for our own words, just post differently and I'll change this post to match))
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2014, 08:08:53 pm »

((Delioth, I'm fine with using green, but that setup is unreadable on the light blue background.))

You attempt to reason with Equos, giving rather good reasons for your choice of name.  Finally, he relents.

Alright, alright, fine!  Just...  get to work on reality, Keith.  I have definitions to make.

You decide to populate your realm with matter, defining a a point in space to contain an unstable structure containing equal amounts of all elements.  This structure violently explodes, spreading matter throughout space;  eventually, physics kick in, and the clumps start forming stuctures, mostly spheres and rings, orbiting each other.

It's rather beautiful.

The exact structure and placement of the individual objects is unclear, though a group of decently sized ones have ended up near you;  three objects orbiting a huge hunk of matter.  The closest and furthest orbiting objects from the centre are the smallest and second smallest objects, resepectively.  The middle object is about half the size of the central mass.

You gaze upon these new structures, before realising you have no way of moving. 

You sense your Brother making definitions in the background.  You wonder what he's doing;  the information of other entities defining seems to be vague until you look more closely. 

If only you had something that told you exactly what has been defined already...

[BLANK COUNTER: 13%]

(LIST)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:33:45 am by RadtheCad »

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2014, 04:32:01 am »

(For some reason, not all of the message was posted.  Just replying to alert you that things have hanged within the last post.)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2014, 06:56:03 am »

((Time to break the fourth wall and go meta.))

>Define The List: A system containing the definitions of all currently defined objects and concepts. It can be accessed and viewed at any time by gods. When spoken of, "The" must be added to the beginning of the word to prevent confusion with any other objects or concepts defined as lists.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2014, 07:01:44 am »

A problem I see is the fact that after the ending of an object or life form, there isn't recreation, isn't that a loophole for the blank?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2014, 07:35:36 am »

We have no reason to worry about thay. . . . Yet. Lets save it for the next crisis.

In the mean time, we have three planets to fill with life and beauty. I say the middle planet will be like earth. Including the same bipedal monkies that ruin everything. (not defining, yet. Just confering)
The smallest planet we might want to be more of an insectile race, and the largest being of the avian type. Then we can create a fourth planet in perfect balance with the other three, and we can fill it with the last creations to be made. It will be, by far, the largest of all the planets, but, it will be made of 1/8th visible earth, 2/8th unseen, spread in an uneven fashion, leaving the ability for hills and whatnot, underwater, and 4/8th of water, 2/8th air.

(and because something has come to my attention)
Define God Made Artifact: an object created by Gods for the use of Gods.
   >Can not be destroyed by any means but by other artifacts.
   > Are unique and can not be duplicated in power/ability/ or form
   > can be used by mortals that understand what it is, while they weld/wear it.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2014, 11:23:49 am »

((I really have to get these hiatuses under control, or else all interest in this will fade.  Sorry.))

Gazing upon the already existing planets in your system, you decide to add one more planet in the undefined space further away from the central mass; it is left vaguely defined in order to add later, more clear landmarks.

You then define a GODMADE ARTEFACT.  These objects are different from normal ones;  they are difficult to destroy, exceptionally so, cannot be duplicated in power or form, and can only be used by mortals who understand what they are.  You tell your Brother of this change, as always, and he replies that it is duly noted, before returning to that same disconcerting low silence.   

Finally, you define THE LIST.  It is a system accesible by gods, allowing them to note all defined objects, entities, and concepts. 

The instant you define the list, you feel your brother pause. 

He then swears, before making what seem to be preparations for a greater definition.

A feeling of unease takes you.

What do you do?

[BLANK COUNTER: 14%]

(LIST)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2014, 12:42:48 pm »

Define Philosophers Stones: A set of 7 stones, each with the ability to change the definition of any defines object, that is not on the definition list. (I.E. poly morph one creature into another, or an object like a house into a car.) as long as it is at most, 6 arms-lengths away.
   >if all 7 are brought together, the welder my change one definition on the list of definitions, but, the stones will be made inert and will be transported to a dangerous area of each planet, and two will be given back to the Initial Gods, one each.
   > If inert, will remain that way unless both gods will theirs to no longer be.
   > If both gods do not will theirs to be withing 20,000 rotations of the Dark Citadel, each one will become a void.
   >Only the ones that are given to the Gods by mortals, can be manipulated by the Gods

Once that is made, we shall change this definition, because they all should be in front of us.
Spoiler: YOU (click to show/hide)

Begain creation on the first world, making it a thick, and swampy planet, with thick silver goop as its water.
Create plants of many different types, some that eat other plants, and some that will eat non-plants, and some that will act unmovable, but all of them living

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11