Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How Should Round 2 Be Changed Regarding Combat?

Players are much tougher than standard enemy units.
- 7 (53.8%)
Introduce a Fatigue system.
- 1 (7.7%)
Options 1+2
- 5 (38.5%)
No Change
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30

Author Topic: -The Last Stand- Final Pre-Round 2 Poll: Combat  (Read 39264 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: -The Last Stand- Necdum Spiritum Romanus: Phase 0 [The Invasion]
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2013, 02:30:48 pm »

I'll deal with horsemen and see if I can lead the colossus into a building or something, perhaps we could use one of the demolishers torches against the barbarians?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2013, 02:46:56 pm »

I'll kill off any group units, then see if I can go after the berserkers.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2013, 03:19:31 pm »

Attack the collosus. I will aim for the throat
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2013, 04:00:14 pm »

John tries to stay at the back and avoid being targeted, healing anyone who needs to be healed.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2013, 04:08:45 pm »

I'll deal with horsemen and see if I can lead the colossus into a building or something...
I'd prefer you didn't. I don't want to shoot through walls at him.

perhaps we could use one of the demolishers torches against the barbarians?
How? They don't have buildings.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2013, 04:12:24 pm »

Can we have a map of the area, just a simple one.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2013, 04:13:20 pm »

I'll deal with horsemen and see if I can lead the colossus into a building or something...
I'd prefer you didn't. I don't want to shoot through walls at him.

He meant use one of our buildings. Or in other words the reason he was trying to lead him inside. I don't think it's a good idea but nonetheless that's I think what he was trying to get at.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2013, 04:18:28 pm »

Can we have a map of the area, just a simple one.

H///H(CA)
RRRRRRRR////RRRRRRRRRRRR

BBBBBBBB BBBBB BBBBB BBBBBB

BBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBB

BBBBBBBBBB BBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBB

Key:

H = House, Carl Anderson and his Bastilla are set on that one to the right.
R* = Romans, you guys.
/// = Dirt Road
B* = Barbarians

# of letters does not accurately represent how many Romans or Barbarians or present, it's just a rough estimate as to where their lines are in regards to the city.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2013, 04:20:11 pm »

Yes, because obviously the Demolisher's themselves can only use their torches to attack buildings, so it only makes sense that their torches woukd be useless against anything else.

Oh wait...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2013, 04:26:27 pm »

Yes, because obviously the Demolisher's themselves can only use their torches to attack buildings, so it only makes sense that their torches woukd be useless against anything else.

Oh wait...

Remember the Demolishers are enemy units they're not going to attack their own units. Therefore the only way to attack them would be I assume a form of splash damage caused by lighting a building on fire while they're in it.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2013, 04:27:56 pm »

Splash damage? Structural assault?

I'd just like to reinforce the message that the Barbarians will indeed pillage the city, but will kill you all first beforehand.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2013, 04:30:43 pm »

Splash damage? Structural assault?

I'd just like to reinforce the message that the Barbarians will indeed pillage the city, but will kill you all first beforehand.

Oh I never said that could be done. I just assumed that was what was being planned. Honestly I might've mis-read I don't know. It certainly seems that way though.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2013, 04:40:19 pm »

They were saying use the demolisher's torches against them. As in, kill demolishers, pick up their torches, use torches as weapons.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2013, 04:41:15 pm »

Oh wait...
They're not exactly the best anti-personnel weapons, or better enough than ours to justify the effort required to take them, or better than ours, or anything we know how to use properly, or likely to still be lit after we kill them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2013, 04:49:16 pm »

Oh wait...
They're not exactly the best anti-personnel weapons, or better enough than ours to justify the effort required to take them, or better than ours, or anything we know how to use properly, or likely to still be lit after we kill them.
...you throw them. You throw them repeatedly, and it gives them a penalty to attack next turn. If they aren't lit, they aren't lit. But don't act like it's automatically a bad idea just because there's something that might go wrong.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30