Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Merry Making Gift Giveaway [Complete - details in first post]  (Read 13847 times)

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Re: Merry Making Gift Giveaway [Complete - details in first post]
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2014, 09:53:06 am »

Thanks for doing this, and thank you for nominating me mastahcheese. I didn't even click on the thread because I thought most of these were "come in and ask for one of the games" type of thing, and I didn't want to be greedy :P
I was afraid it would be one of those things, too, and was very pleased to find it wasn't.
I really like the spirit that this one was done in, and I wish more would work this way. It's a great system.
And you're welcome.

I'm glad people appreciate the nature of this give-away, I was a little hesitant when I was toying with the idea initially as I wasn't sure if people would simply feel it was just another hoop to jump through, rather than enjoy the 'feel' of giving gifts.

So all the gratitude in these posts is really appreciated, and reassuring :D

A quick update to the progress through the list, my internet was having a hiccup this morning so I didn't get to sending out the next batch of messages, but as there are still four people who haven't replied from the previous days I figured I'd just give them the rest of the day before sending out another 'update' message along with the messages to the next 5 people, in case you were expecting a message today and were wondering where it was :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2014, 02:46:24 pm »

Thanks for doing this, and thank you for nominating me mastahcheese. I didn't even click on the thread because I thought most of these were "come in and ask for one of the games" type of thing, and I didn't want to be greedy :P
I was afraid it would be one of those things, too, and was very pleased to find it wasn't.
I really like the spirit that this one was done in, and I wish more would work this way. It's a great system.
And you're welcome.

I'm glad people appreciate the nature of this give-away, I was a little hesitant when I was toying with the idea initially as I wasn't sure if people would simply feel it was just another hoop to jump through, rather than enjoy the 'feel' of giving gifts.

So all the gratitude in these posts is really appreciated, and reassuring :D

A quick update to the progress through the list, my internet was having a hiccup this morning so I didn't get to sending out the next batch of messages, but as there are still four people who haven't replied from the previous days I figured I'd just give them the rest of the day before sending out another 'update' message along with the messages to the next 5 people, in case you were expecting a message today and were wondering where it was :)

Had you given a thought to crossing stuff/people off the list in the OP as you go down the list? It may help ease the minds of us folk at the bottom of the list, and that way you won't have to send out a "these are the games left" list with every message.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2014, 06:24:19 pm »

That's a remarkably good idea, though it probably wont be updated each day, as waiting on replies means some information is left up in the air for a while, but it would certainly be useful to see as games are ticked off the list if nothing else!

I'll update the op a little later when I get a moment, cheers for the idea :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2014, 09:39:40 pm »

...cheers for the idea :)
No problem! Cheers for the giveaway!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2014, 08:17:51 pm »

My goodness, I didn't even realize that this existed until today!
Thank you, Cmega, for nominating me. I'll donate a game of mine next time this comes along (or at least try to if I can figure out how to install key) as gratitude.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2014, 10:28:58 am »

Somehow, I managed to miss someone's reply from early in the list, and still had them marked as waiting for a response xD

That's all sorted now, and I've double and triple checked my PMs to make sure there are no others that slipped through the net, but just in case I wanted to post here just to let everyone know where things are at, and that if I've sent you a message and you have already replied to me, but I didn't get back within a day or so of their reply, then please by all means message me again! I can certainly understand not wanting to appear impatient, but please do get in touch if you think I may have missed you!

And as for the quick update, there are 13 names still on the list to be contacted, who I'll be getting in touch with in the next 3 days or so, they are:

Nebularbomb
Squazzy
Wwolin
Azthor
SomeStupidGuy
---
Dutchling
Gamerboy4life
HFS
Evil Lincoln
FritzPL
---
Shook
Jurgen Bernaers
Elajjaz

Again, thank you for being so patient with me getting all of the games out to people, and for those who've already received their games, I hope you're having a great deal of fun with them :D

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2014, 10:31:05 am »

You're doing an amazing organizational job!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2014, 01:37:13 am »

^
This, so much.

Also I've Mass-PM'd those people given how I didn't see any 'I've PM'd them and stuff' from Aavak ;D

Juuuust to be sure.
Sans those the PM box can't find (ie Nebularbomb, Squazzy, Jurgen Bernaers, Elajjaz)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:41:51 am by Tiruin »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2014, 01:48:20 am »

This was a nice surprise.

This was a really cool thing to do. Good on all of you who made it happen.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2014, 03:11:59 am »

Completely forgotten about this. Apparently, I won something. Anyway, what do I do now? Never gotten any message, PM or whatever other form of communication.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:16:40 am by 10ebbor10 »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2014, 07:54:25 am »

Completely forgotten about this. Apparently, I won something. Anyway, what do I do now? Never gotten any message, PM or whatever other form of communication.
I got a PM from Tiruin but I also don't know what to do :v

I also wonder how I didn't know this thread even existed...

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2014, 08:45:51 am »

what the wow

Can't say i expected this, but it is a pleasant surprise indeed. My thanks going out to Tiruin for alerting me, and Jopax for nominating me. The warm feels are spreading throughout my body like... Warm christmas feels. Hell, just reading this thread gives me the warm feels. C: (and lord knows how many people i just cringed to death by saying "feels")
Also, had i known about this earlier, i'd totally have chucked in a few spare copies of games that i have lying around, though i suppose that's a bit late now. I think.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2014, 09:08:25 am »

I don't know about 10ebbor10, you may have just slipped the list of those needing to be contacted-I don't know. As for Dutchling, all you do is wait. Everyone is being PMd in batches, and your name is in the second batch down. Then you will get a PM and (I think) a list of games you can choose from.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2014, 01:38:28 pm »

^
This, so much.

Also I've Mass-PM'd those people given how I didn't see any 'I've PM'd them and stuff' from Aavak ;D

Juuuust to be sure.
Sans those the PM box can't find (ie Nebularbomb, Squazzy, Jurgen Bernaers, Elajjaz)

Thanks for doing this Tiruin :)

I have 10ebbor10 marked on the list as having been contacted, but perhaps the message got swallowed up by the forums, so this has already helped to catch one person who seemed to slip the net!

To Shook and Dutchling, I haven't gotten to your names yet but you'll be contacted in the next day (or two, in the case of Shook) as I work my way down the list, with instructions :)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2014, 06:08:47 pm »

Thanks Aavak! You're a gentleman and a scholar for running this thing :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12