Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Concerning the automatic factories...

Have few types but with many possible functions for each.  The simpler option
- 38 (42.2%)
Have many different types that each takes a particular input, for long assembly lines
- 29 (32.2%)
Have many types, allow using the wrong ones, but using them correctly lets the items have quality levels
- 23 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: [GNOME] - V0.78.2: Latest Patch: Couple of bugfixes  (Read 45170 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [GNOME] - V0.61: Almost out of Beta
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2014, 01:38:10 am »

I've decided not to let the gnomes spawn magma the way the dwarves and warlocks do.  Bringing magma to the surface is basically the point of the drilling rig (well, magma or water), which is essentially a self-building pump stack.  The difficulty in constructing it is offset by the ability to turn it off and on at will once it's done.  Gnomes use the Blood of Armok for powering infinite fireball-shooting guns instead.  I don't know what the Tear of Armok should be for though...infinite water guns seems a little tame by comparison.

The special castes aren't really distinctive enough to be given their own names, most only exist so that children will do work and their effects are basically nullified once the gnome learns any skill, one is a personality disorder based on a Discworld joke, and the other could probably be taken out entirely and nobody would notice the difference.  As for clockborgs... I don't really like them.  I made the system before I was using dfhack and honestly the whole thing could be done much better.
Understood.

The lightbulbs with power make sense of course. I think there is a way to do this differently: Make an item that glows, give the lamp a reaction to create that item (take lightbulb, battery, make glowing lightbulb), and that item is non-stockpile-able, so it will stay where it is. Or you make it stockpileable, and you can make carried lamps that way, that you simply dump where you want them. Of course they yould also wither away, to simulte power running ou... But thats way, way too much micromanagemt in the long run.

In the end you have to ask warmist, because a complete set of lights that go on/off with power sounds much nicer. :)

I will have a look at your updated version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: [GNOME] - V0.611: More fixes
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2014, 06:48:05 am »

Updated with some more bugfixes and tweaks.  Item expelled by machines should no longer get stuck in limbo, and the drilling rig can suck up items properly now if given an output tile.  It also kills creatures who get caught on the tip of the drill.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [GNOME] - V0.611: Almost out of Beta
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2014, 10:45:22 am »

Could you please update the creature_gnome with this:

Code: [Select]
[NATURAL_SKILL:AXE:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:SWORD:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:MACE:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:HAMMER:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:SPEAR:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:CROSSBOW:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:SHIELD:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:ARMOR:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:PIKE:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:WHIP:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:BOW:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:BLOWGUN:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:RANGED_COMBAT:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:WRESTLING:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:0]YESHARDERINVADER_GNOME

Yours currently has the YESHARDERINVADER tag, without the _GNOME in it. A new GUI update needs a unique tag for each race, otherwise it cant find it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.611: Almost out of Beta
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2014, 12:09:04 pm »

Got it.

I've still got a couple of bugs left, but I did manage to fix a problem with the 'glitch' effect of the cart loader.  Forcing enemies to ride the Rollercoaster of Doom will work :)  Hope that gets people thinking of new trap ideas...

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.7: The Artificers are In. Let the Game Commence.
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2014, 07:29:49 pm »

Well, I guess it's as complete as can be expected!

Let's get this plugin out there and see what turns up.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2014, 04:46:30 pm »

Ok, I have started testing it. (looks extremely interesting!)

1) I can't seem to build the geological seismograph. Although the manual states that you need 2 blocks, 2 mechanisms, in game it asks for a heavy rock piston. And it looks like there is no way to produce a heavy rock piston. Actually looking at the building requirements it seems that a several buildings require rock pipe sections etc, which I see no way of making. Is this a bug?

EDIT:
Building raw looks like this:

[BUILD_ITEM:4:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT]
   [BUILD_ITEM:4:TRAPPARTS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [BUILD_ITEM:1:TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_STEAM_PISTON:INORGANIC:NONE]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:55:58 pm by Stormbuilder »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2014, 04:57:49 pm »

In the vanilla forge you should find those items in the trap components.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2014, 05:18:53 pm »

Rock just means Inorganic, which can be metal, rock, and I think gems
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2014, 05:42:11 pm »

Yes, but I have a heavy copper piston and it doesn't seem enough...I have to check again.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2014, 05:53:23 pm »

It's not forbidden, and you dont have any burrows, right?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.71: The Artificers are In. Let the Game Commence.
« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2014, 06:36:18 pm »

I fixed two minor bugs: One was a typo in the slag grinding reaction (raw/objects/entity_gnome.txt), the other was a line that was preventing the drilling rig's item transport from working properly (hack/scripts/machina.lua).  The first will require a world regen, the second does not.

The heavy piston is working fine ('rock' means either rock or metal, but does NOT include glass).  Some of the building requirements in the guide may not be correct.  As a general rule, if you don't know where to find an item needed in a reaction or a building, it's probably made in the forge under either trap components or other objects.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.71: Latest Patch
« Reply #296 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:45 am »

You guys were right. I simply didn't have my copper pistons in the right burrow.

Now it works, and it's glorious :D I loaded the seismograph with ~1500 power and it's slowly revealing everything.

@IndigoFenix, I assume that it randomly reveals a tile every x ticks, and the more power the faster it ticks? Does it go up linearly? I am greedy for knowledge and I am tempted to keep building watermills :D

Mod looks fantastic, and it's making me learn powered buildings (which i've never bothered with in DF, too newb)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2014, 11:32:29 am »

Yes, that is how the seismograph works (as well as most of the machines).  It also gets wider range as more power is fed into it, but the range does not scale linearly, it is reduced based on the square of the distance.  This is to encourage channeling power to as many different areas as possible instead of just building more watermills into one spot.

If you are greedy for knowledge, the excavation site will also serve you well.  It can be built for free and searching takes only a glass lens, which can be reused.

Glad to hear it you like the mod :)  Meph suggested that a lot of people don't use machines at all in vanilla DF because they aren't really important, his idea was that if you had to build at least a few machines this would encourage more experimenting with them in other areas.

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2014, 12:39:10 pm »

Question: Can the use of a Seismograph result in a trip to the circus and/or some cotton candy?
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2014, 01:43:05 pm »

Question: Can the use of a Seismograph result in a trip to the circus and/or some cotton candy?

If you mean can it reveal them, probably not.  It will only reveal regular, natural, solid tiles, so you can't get a sneak peek into the caverns or something using it.  But you can learn where they are by looking for the blank spots.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24