Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Concerning the automatic factories...

Have few types but with many possible functions for each.  The simpler option
- 38 (42.2%)
Have many different types that each takes a particular input, for long assembly lines
- 29 (32.2%)
Have many types, allow using the wrong ones, but using them correctly lets the items have quality levels
- 23 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: [GNOME] - V0.78.2: Latest Patch: Couple of bugfixes  (Read 45162 times)

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.71: Latest Patch
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2014, 01:48:56 pm »

Oh boy, I want to play it... But after Becordobar I will first need some distance from anything mechanical ^^

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: [GNOME] - V0.71: Latest Patch
« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2014, 03:38:19 pm »

Oh boy, I want to play it... But after Becordobar I will first need some distance from anything mechanical ^^

Hey, no rush.  Watching Becordobar helped a lot with ideas...watching it and thinking about how the traps could be made even better :)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.72: Latest Patch
« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2014, 06:52:17 pm »

Made another patch update:

This one lets you use standard traps or pressure plates in place of machine inputs.  Warning: machines will still suck in your gnomes if they are active, even if the trap itself does not activate.  However, this should make weaponizing the machines easier.

The druidic system has been given many tweaks.  Animals must be able to path to the nature shrine to be tamed, the 'tame all animals' reaction now only requires one druidic token (the former version used 10 because it was a carry-over from when you would automatically tame them regardless of merit; the new version takes merit into account but not distance or trainer skill), talking to birds now has unlimited range but must be done outside.

Animal training (at the Advanced Animal Training Area) has been tweaked significantly, it should now be more interesting to work with, as trainer skill and the nature of the animal have a lot more impact on training success, so you'll want to have a dedicated druid for handling your more stubborn animals.  And since you'll want to keep track of which animals are trained to do what (for example, which one is the leader of an animal squad), you can now nickname your pets as well.

Most of these changes are in the .lua scripts, so they don't require a new worldgen.  However, you will need to change the number of tokens required for the tame all animals reaction, and the nicknaming pets requires a new worldgen.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.73: Latest Patch: Gnomish Druid's Animal Dojo
« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2014, 06:14:36 am »

Another patch update.  I promised a more in-depth druid system, right?

You can now train pets in unarmed combat skills up to the level of their trainer.  Basically what this means is that if you have a gnome who is a legendary biter, he can train a wolf to also be a legendary biter.  As gnomes are not exactly the best unarmed fighters, actually getting their skill this high can be tricky.  I suggest making a military squad for gnomes that practice exclusively unarmed combat and then have them train animals when off-duty.

You can also replenish your depleted fish populations, since that's apparently still a problem.  This might not work if there were no fish populations to begin with, though.

You can talk to animals at the advanced animal training area to learn things about their behaviors and how easily they can be trained.  It's more for flavor than actually being useful but it can help you learn the system.

All advanced animal training activities (except for nicknaming) now require positive druid merit to work at all, but beyond that only the trainer's skill matters.

You can now raise druid merit by releasing a gnome carrying or wearing valuable items into the wild; the total value of all their items will be added to your score.  This might be unbalanced in the case of highly valuable items such as artifact armor.

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 07, 2014, 04:31:47 pm »

Another patch update.  I promised a more in-depth druid system, right?

You can now train pets in unarmed combat skills up to the level of their trainer.  Basically what this means is that if you have a gnome who is a legendary biter, he can train a wolf to also be a legendary biter.  As gnomes are not exactly the best unarmed fighters, actually getting their skill this high can be tricky.  I suggest making a military squad for gnomes that practice exclusively unarmed combat and then have them train animals when off-duty.

You can also replenish your depleted fish populations, since that's apparently still a problem.  This might not work if there were no fish populations to begin with, though.

You can talk to animals at the advanced animal training area to learn things about their behaviors and how easily they can be trained.  It's more for flavor than actually being useful but it can help you learn the system.

All advanced animal training activities (except for nicknaming) now require positive druid merit to work at all, but beyond that only the trainer's skill matters.

You can now raise druid merit by releasing a gnome carrying or wearing valuable items into the wild; the total value of all their items will be added to your score.  This might be unbalanced in the case of highly valuable items such as artifact armor.
This is way harder than training at the Warbeast Kennels in dorf mode, though. Is there any sort of upside? Also, what exactly do you mean by releasing a gnome into the wild? Is this essentially some form of deportation or exile? In that case, it could be useful for when you have a cursed migrant. Where does the reaction take place?
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2014, 05:57:33 pm »

The nature shrine
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 08, 2014, 12:06:53 pm »

This is way harder than training at the Warbeast Kennels in dorf mode, though. Is there any sort of upside?
I've never actually played Masterwork dwarves.  Can you train animals to legendary levels or is it capped at a certain maximum?  If you can go to legendary, let's say it's balanced out by the fact that gnomes have more control over animals in general.  Or that it is simply harder but more rewarding.  I made the system as a stand-alone thing, not something to be compared to dwarf mode.

Also, they can train any animal, not just the handful of domestic ones available to dwarves.  So there's that.

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 08, 2014, 01:48:02 pm »

This is way harder than training at the Warbeast Kennels in dorf mode, though. Is there any sort of upside?
I've never actually played Masterwork dwarves.  Can you train animals to legendary levels or is it capped at a certain maximum?  If you can go to legendary, let's say it's balanced out by the fact that gnomes have more control over animals in general.  Or that it is simply harder but more rewarding.  I made the system as a stand-alone thing, not something to be compared to dwarf mode.

Also, they can train any animal, not just the handful of domestic ones available to dwarves.  So there's that.
Yeah, you can train them to legendary in Fighter, Biter, and Dodger with only sixteen reactions, then steelplate them, then engrave the armor for a big attribute boost. My war elephant can take out entire squads of goblins pretty easily. I guess it is fair though, since gnomes can potentially train anything that wanders onto the map right off the bat, while dwarves either have to retame them regularly or order tame individuals from the elves. And you have to manually query the kennel training reaction, if you set it to repeat, the workshop randomly deconstructs for some reason. TBH, your system makes more sense, although I suppose if we were going for realism, a war animal trainer would have to have the levels in both Animal Trainer/Armorer AND whatever combat skills he wanted to teach the animals.
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2014, 02:13:17 pm »

The armoring thing is a big one, as I recall.  Doing it like the dwarves would be tricky, since it would require a transformation for every animal... well, unless there is a way to actually apply armor to animals for real.  Wait a second... there is totally a way of doing just that.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.74: Latest Patch: Crafting System, Equipment Revamped
« Reply #309 on: March 14, 2014, 09:48:26 am »

Update!

Gnomish tinkering has taken a big step.  They now have a crafting system based on splitting a metal sheet into 10 strips and putting the pieces together in various different ways.  This allows them to produce advanced weapons and armor with very few raw materials, although the process takes many steps to complete.
The equipment crafted through this method is much more useful than the technology in previous versions.  I won't get into details but you can build an ion cannon using a box of scraps.  Much research on instructables.com was done because I like accuracy.  Anything that does not conform to real life can be chalked up to gnome magic :).  Also there are close range high tech weapons like vibroblades, morphing omniweapons and the Board with a Nail in it.
Also the energy weapons are now mounted on shields to avoid the close-range weapon behavior.
Prospecting is harder now since you will need an oscilloscope to do it, but you can get that in a crate if you're not into crafting.
Clockborgs have been removed.  But you can practically turn your gnomes into robots with all the new equipment anyway.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 14, 2014, 11:42:03 am »

Excellent, if I apply this patch to the latest version of MW will it work? These gnomes are sounding better and better every day now!

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 14, 2014, 08:41:51 pm »

0.75 integrated into SWP, with many thanks to Splinterz. :)

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 19, 2014, 06:26:03 am »

Update!

Gnomish tinkering has taken a big step.  They now have a crafting system based on splitting a metal sheet into 10 strips and putting the pieces together in various different ways.  This allows them to produce advanced weapons and armor with very few raw materials, although the process takes many steps to complete.
The equipment crafted through this method is much more useful than the technology in previous versions.  I won't get into details but you can build an ion cannon using a box of scraps.  Much research on instructables.com was done because I like accuracy.  Anything that does not conform to real life can be chalked up to gnome magic :).  Also there are close range high tech weapons like vibroblades, morphing omniweapons and the Board with a Nail in it.
Also the energy weapons are now mounted on shields to avoid the close-range weapon behavior.
Prospecting is harder now since you will need an oscilloscope to do it, but you can get that in a crate if you're not into crafting.
Clockborgs have been removed.  But you can practically turn your gnomes into robots with all the new equipment anyway.
Great! Now im torn between Warlocks and Gnomes! I love necromancy but i also love steampunk, and now you added ION CANNONS?! Oh why do you hate me cruel fate?! :'(

On a side note: What do you mean when you say that energy weapons are mounted on shields?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 19, 2014, 09:32:40 am »

Some weapons (flamethrowers, lightning guns) work by adding interactions to the user instead of using ammo, which had the unfortunate side effect of causing the ai to treat them as melee weapons.  They are now shields instead so you can have a gnome use them from a distance by giving them both a standard pistol along with an energy weapon.  Or you can give them both a melee weapon and an energy weapon.  They can also block attacks.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 19, 2014, 09:48:56 am »

Some weapons (flamethrowers, lightning guns) work by adding interactions to the user instead of using ammo, which had the unfortunate side effect of causing the ai to treat them as melee weapons.  They are now shields instead so you can have a gnome use them from a distance by giving them both a standard pistol along with an energy weapon.  Or you can give them both a melee weapon and an energy weapon.  They can also block attacks.
Excuse me for a moment.

*nerdgasms in the corner*

Now the manual dosent seem to explain what omniweapons do. They are not in the weapons category, so what do they do?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:54:03 am by Jaso11111 »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24