Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Rust - Rock Fight Simulator  (Read 16570 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Rust - Rock Fight Simulator
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2014, 03:39:39 pm »

Sooooooooo, how much content is actually in game right now? I kind of want to buy it, but don't really want to waste money on a game that won't be 'full' for years.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

kenpoaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2014, 11:52:12 am »

I have just over 100 hours in it. I figure that's like 20 cents an hour for entertainment.
This forum is a bunch of nutters, and you couldn't point to anything to contradict it.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2014, 03:53:35 pm »

anyone willing to take my copy of dredmor for a spare copy of rust

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2014, 04:49:46 pm »

You might have trouble trading a $5 game for a $20 one.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2014, 04:57:00 pm »

You might have trouble trading a $5 game for a $20 one.

thought so . its all i got though :P

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2014, 06:10:01 am »

Sooooooooo, how much content is actually in game right now? I kind of want to buy it, but don't really want to waste money on a game that won't be 'full' for years.
I have 2 hours or so in it and disliked every minute.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2014, 10:45:30 am »

The game is a giant clusterfuck, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. When you start playing you are almost completely fucked and are most likely going to die 20 or so times before you actually get started. And that's only when you start playing on a clean wipe...

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2014, 01:51:50 pm »

Is there a way to limit fps in this game ? It desperately tries to fry my GPU, and usual v-sync stuff doesn't seem to work (even when it's forced via nvidia control panel)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2014, 05:00:19 pm »

how about this
i give you Dredmore AND a 10 dollar game of the choice of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah i know you're losing 5 dollars, but I THROW IN SOME SNAZZY STEAM EMOTES + CARDS YES?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2014, 06:42:39 pm »

The best way to play this game is with friends...if you dont have a group (even a small one of 2-4 people) you will have a VERY hard time.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »

The best way to play this game is with friends...if you dont have a group (even a small one of 2-4 people) you will have a VERY hard time.

I can attest to this, unfortunately I happen to enjoy it more when I'm lone wolfing... Maybe I just like the challenge. :P

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2014, 05:20:55 pm »

Anyone want to join me? I'm on a pretty popular server, and I'm already on my feet. All I need are a few people to start up a small little mountain commune.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2015, 08:38:42 pm »

Dunno if anyone plays still. The topic is pretty in-active.

But, been playing Rust over at my friends and been having TONS of fun. Way more than DayZ standalone (the mod was way better to me), and I like it as much as Forest. Server I'm on is newbie friendly it says, and everyone I meet is pretty cool. Seen quite a few people and have been left alone.

Have a large stone house with some metal walls, all my metal doors, key locks for most of the doors and regular locks for some others. Tons of resources, great starting area. Even expanded the stone house to the level below me (main house is on a rock ledge of sorts that sticks out of the land. Kinda on a cliff sorta). I have a second house in the mountains built on the side of it, so its a cool cliff house that just sorta hangs over the side, that has a great view of the ocean.

Got a bolt action rifle, a revolver, great armor. And killed lots of sleeping people :P

And I also spent like 9 real life hours (my friend took turns too) breaking down the wooden doors this guy had in the house that had key locks on them. He didn't even make metal doors, but still spent lots of time hacking away at them :P he had a ton of good stuff. And I expanded it a whole bunch from what he did.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2015, 03:13:24 am »

It got pretty much completely overhauled, from what I hear. Looks fairly complete now, as long as "naked men murdering everything that moves" and "people with vastly more loot than you blowing up your little stone hut while you're offline" is your thing. Like DayZ now, except instead of being sniped by ghillies at Elektro you're being bashed by nakeds.

I might actually buy it now, but I don't have friends to play with. >.>

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 03:13:11 am »

HARK!  A NECRO!

So anyone playing?  Been loving the system and the paranoia.  It feels like DayZ and Wurm and Haven and Hearth paranoia.  Did I hear someone?  Is it safe?  Who's that?  Are they a friend or should I shoot them and eat them?

Fantastically entertaining, and there's a global server wipe on Thursday - a new patch is dropping.  Anyone playing, because I'll be doing a small hermitage for a while and trying to invite people to perform big raids when I'm a bit settled in.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5