Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread  (Read 14447 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2014, 02:43:30 pm »

Alright, you're in as well Cherry, go post in the IC thread whenever.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2014, 07:27:29 pm »

The official term for a resident of Drymark is Drymarkman, on account of I suddenly realised it wouldn't do to be populated by Drymarkers.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2014, 08:58:34 pm »

Alright, you're in as well Cherry, go post in the IC thread whenever.
I need a castle assignment, or else I'll just pick one of the border castles.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2014, 10:02:38 pm »

Fairly simple.  Pick a castle, announce yourself as heir to that barony (having brought the proof of your ancestry) and the Prince will have little choice but to permit your inheritance.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2014, 12:22:33 am »

Are signups closed? and, if not, what types of characters are still needed?
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2014, 12:31:01 am »

Are signups closed? and, if not, what types of characters are still needed?

As far as my memory goes, sign ups are never closed for YaK, even though the amount of landed positions is always limited.

If you want to be landed, odds are you'd want to work your way into being a retainer, alternatively, you could probably start as a Baron; if you are unconcerned over land, anything goes, within reason.

Generally, as money is hard to come by outside nobility, you want to either be a noble or work together with one. If you can think of a use for the skills you want for your character, odds are that someone needs your character.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2014, 01:59:19 am »

I think I'll go for an admiral, as no one else has taken such a position at the moment, and a trading nation necessarily has a fleet. Also, what are the laws of Stormborough like, particularly regarding slavery? It doesn't make much sense for my character to promise universal freedom in the town he intends to build unless the rest of the nation is borne on the backs of slaves.

EDIT: Small changes here and there.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:17:21 am by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2014, 02:57:46 am »

I must inform you that we are not a trading nation at all. Also of note, that land belongs to either of the Dukes/Duchesses; the land available is that you'd find surrounding the castles marked on the map. If you want land in a Duchy proper, it is the Duke/Duchess you'd have to speak with, not the Prince.

As for slavery, I leave that for Taricus or Iituem to tell you. I'd guess it has been so far undefined.

Finally, concerning your Admiralty, usually that'd be only a single ship you'd get, but it is for Taricus to tell you whether regiments now have their equivalents in a single ship or in a small fleet. So far, it has always been the earlier.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2014, 03:18:00 am »

In that case, who is the Duke/Duchess of that land that I would have to speak to, and are they a PC? I suppose I could work the 1 ship thing into my backstory, with the rest of the fleet deciding to stay across the sea or something. Also, even if we are not a trading nation, there must be some trade along the coast between two of the major cities, and I could be responsible for bringing trade in from across the sea.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2014, 06:09:15 am »

Fleets, are going to be rather abstracted here, so there's not really much room for them. You can take a personal regiment instead (And I can abstract the boats being used to transport them.).

Apart from that, everything else on the sheet looks fine.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2014, 03:45:28 pm »

Thanks, here's a revised character sheet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2014, 03:58:55 pm »

Alright, it's good. Post whenever.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

Who owns the land there (at the mouth of the Beren) though?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2014, 04:20:16 pm »

That would be Tiruin/Duchess Aria.

You'll be waiting a bit due to Tiruin having a bit of a spotty net connection for the time being though.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2014, 06:00:49 pm »

We were a trading nation, but three years of civil war and decades of mismanagement will screw up trade networks like that.  We certainly could be again.

Also, I'm inclined to take medieval England's position on slavery; it's legal, but serfdom is more productive.  Slaves tend to be the property of powerful private individuals, whereas lords prefer serfs for land work.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20