Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 170798 times)

Shadowics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1185 on: February 14, 2014, 01:38:24 am »

I thought both hunting and fishing were disabled for warlock dungeons? And, shouldn't 'Opposed to Life' undead take care of hostile, living, wildlife for you? Hypothetically, at least?

It didn't seem, to me at least, that a lot of phylacteries were necessary; only to keep workshops built with souls from deconstructing, other souls could be used as they were 'collected'. Well, apart from the high-level items from the Demonic Attorney at least. But, maybe I'm missing something important.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: February 14, 2014, 01:51:58 am »

I thought both hunting and fishing were disabled for warlock dungeons? And, shouldn't 'Opposed to Life' undead take care of hostile, living, wildlife for you? Hypothetically, at least?

It didn't seem, to me at least, that a lot of phylacteries were necessary; only to keep workshops built with souls from deconstructing, other souls could be used as they were 'collected'. Well, apart from the high-level items from the Demonic Attorney at least. But, maybe I'm missing something important.

Those labors can be manually assigned but by "hunter" I meant "Ordered to kill shit via squad commands."

As far as storage goes early on you may not have the time or workers to make use of the souls in a timely manner so storing them is always a good idea, as well as for use in ceremonies and such down the line, to save you from having to wait for an ambush or something to replenish the stock. I personally get really frustrated when I'm in the middle of putting some bone-bags together and the souls they were gonna use wither away mid-assembly.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1187 on: February 14, 2014, 04:41:43 am »

The Therapist ignores the enabled jobs in the entity file. So you cant assign fishing, but you can assign fishing in the therapist... I might as well enable it again, because its so easy to forget and accidently cheat ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 14, 2014, 05:42:40 am »

The Therapist ignores the enabled jobs in the entity file. So you cant assign fishing, but you can assign fishing in the therapist... I might as well enable it again, because its so easy to forget and accidently cheat ;)

Ha! I had no idea about this. Didnt realise i was cheating. I guess then Skeletons arnt meant to be haulers either?

Fishing is be important. Shells can be hard to come by otherwise, leading to minions going crazy due to lack of materials for their moods.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: February 14, 2014, 08:46:39 am »

I like the idea of this mod, but there's a few things I don't quite 'get':

1) What are the undead for, besides just theme I mean? On my first experimental fort, and have about 100 "Restless Walker" Zombies and 100 animated random parts: 'Undead Mandrill Heads' and so on. And none of them do anything. The only thing the Zombies have done so far is attack my Old Corpses and Pylons occasionally. They entirely ignore Wild Animals and Invaders. I even dropped a handful of Elven ambushers into a pit full of zombies, some of the zombies getting wounded by the falling elves, and still they just ignore each other.
I have this problem too. What I notice is my warlock don't seem to have any problem with zombie until they are draft into overlord squard, whenever I active their squrd my warlock will try to kill any zombie that stand in their way.

I remember that in test ver. 0 2-0.3 the zombie and resurrect body used to be merciless killing machine that will kill any wild life that dare enter your map, they even break seige for you if you have enough of them 8)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1190 on: February 14, 2014, 09:00:56 am »

I dont know about their AI. Its the same undeads that were in the test version. I had them ignore caravans, or slaugher caravans... attack wildlife, or ignore it. Same with invaders. Its pretty random.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 14, 2014, 11:22:54 am »

'Ey Meph

Is it at all possible to create new military squads? With the breaking bugs when it comes to Skeletons leaving their squads every 3 months, the crypt lord noble bug, and every other squad (save the ghouls) requiring my precious, precious warlocks, it's more and more difficult to utilize military strategy against invaders.

I can't have more than one squad of skeleton archers, so towers become less useful. I can't have more than one ghoul squad, so hunting becomes challenging without being able to ambush. Yes, I can select units within squads individually, but it's really annoying micromanagement when all I want is a 50/50 split.

You've put a ton of work in, and I'm loving Warlock fortress, but any word on the next build to deal with the nobles and souls bugs?

Oh, one last note. We can make arrows, poison arrows, and bows come in from invaders anyway, so: Why can't we make bows?

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 14, 2014, 12:38:28 pm »

The bug with Skeletons also seems to wipe workshop profiles. Whenever you lose control of a Skeleton it seems to wipe everything you have set for it, workshop profiles, bedrooms(not that they need em) noble status etc. A way around this is to, rather than assigning Skeletons to workshops, set the minimum skill levels to Legendary instead.

Also what do you mean unable to make bows? Am i misunderstanding something? I was able to make them just fine in the Bowyer.

Despite the issues, i must say that Warlock is very fun to play. Dealing with a smaller fort, no worries of migrants, but other concerns with your Warlocks being very important. Its really interesting. Its a shame that you modders are limited in your abilities to add and change things.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 14, 2014, 12:42:34 pm »

So I have a few questions. How does the revive Warlock work? Do that need to be in a nearby stockpile, or just nearby? And do they need to be a corpse or does a skeleton work? Is there a way to revive ghouls? And why does the heal2 script only revive them as ghouls? And my last question is, is it possible to get more warlocks? Please let me know if you guys have any answers.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 14, 2014, 12:56:34 pm »

Quickly the things I know:

Do that need to be in a nearby stockpile, or just nearby?
And do they need to be a corpse or does a skeleton work?
And my last question is, is it possible to get more warlocks?

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 14, 2014, 01:04:29 pm »

Thanks, well I guess that mean I will need to bury my two warlocks then.

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 14, 2014, 01:20:07 pm »

I have yet to resurrect a Warlock. I tried once, but it did not work. My corpse stockpile and Altar were not close to eachother, so i assume that is why. You can run the reaction even when there are no Warlock bodies around, so be careful. You might want to make a backup save and test stuff out with the rotting/skeleton bodies.

As for more Warlocks, you only get two migration waves, but there is a method ive yet to try. The Emissary has a reaction called "Call the walking dead". The manual says this has a chance to call migrants, but will probably fail. No idea what the % chance is. Here is the RAW though...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hopefully it works. Otherwise my current fort will be stuck with only two Warlocks.

EDIT: Not sure if you want to consider this a bug or an exploit. But i figured id mention it. The Ethereal Blocks you can produce for free, they can be used in the Stonecrafter to make... a lot of stuff. Ive been using it to mass-produce free cages and bins.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:32:01 pm by Dazbuzz »

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: February 14, 2014, 03:31:30 pm »

If you don't get enough warlocks you can abandon and reclaim. When you come back everyone will be dead and rotten (so you can't just resurrect the previous warlocks) but you do get another two migrant waves and might get better luck. I've heard that if you have a retired adventurer they are added to the pool of possible immigrants. Theoretically, you could retire about fifty warlock adventurers and then have them as immigrants, though I haven't tested this.

And Meph, you haven't responded to the talk about the skeletons' problems. Do you plan to fix the bug, or alter the mechanics to where they weaken away from pylons, or what? As it is, the malfunctioning pylons make warlocks my least favorite race to play since they just require so much more micromanagement. You have to create more skeletons, do the engraving thing to make them work, throw pylons around every corridor, and constantly reassign skeletons to their squad.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:33:45 pm by Carp McDwarfEater »

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 14, 2014, 04:38:08 pm »

Anyone know how to "corrupt an invader" to turn them into a Ghoul at the Torture Chamber? I have a stockpile right next to the building with caged invaders in it and i have a garbage stockpile right next to the center of the workshop tile with a caged invader in there too. Nothing happens after i run the reaction though. What am i doing wrong?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1199 on: February 14, 2014, 05:08:17 pm »

And Meph, you haven't responded to the talk about the skeletons' problems. Do you plan to fix the bug, or alter the mechanics to where they weaken away from pylons, or what? As it is, the malfunctioning pylons make warlocks my least favorite race to play since they just require so much more micromanagement. You have to create more skeletons, do the engraving thing to make them work, throw pylons around every corridor, and constantly reassign skeletons to their squad.
Then its working as intended. There is no bug. Skeletons need a Warlock or Pylon to be controled, period. When you say that you need to reassign them to the squad: Put a Warlock in it. If you say that you need too many pylons: Make large, open areas, since it works line-of-sight. If you dont like the engraving thing, use unskilled labor, or spawn more ghouls from invaders, prisoners or the graveyard.

There are always options. You have to adapt to the features.

Anyone know how to "corrupt an invader" to turn them into a Ghoul at the Torture Chamber? I have a stockpile right next to the building with caged invaders in it and i have a garbage stockpile right next to the center of the workshop tile with a caged invader in there too. Nothing happens after i run the reaction though. What am i doing wrong?
It should work the way you describe it. I know several people have converted invaders in reports I got.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 110