Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174426 times)

Omnicast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1530 on: April 26, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »

Okay so recently I started playing DF WARLOCKS! And... IT'S SO MUCH MORE FUN BEING EVIL!!! MUAHAHAHHA!

*Ahem* Anyways... I just have a few questions a simple wrong skill/typo in the manual to report.

So first of all Soul Syphon doesn't use the praying skill. The manual says it does, but I just checked and it uses the sorcery skill. I was wondering to hell and back why my damn necros didn't store that soul into a phylactery... then I noticed sorcery wasn't enabled so I clicked it in Therapist and BAM! Went on his merry way of storing those souls for later use. Also the Soul Syphon description in the manual states that when you devour a soul for speed the worker gets 10%, but in game it says it's 3%. Which is it?

As for my questions...

• How do you... fix/heal/repair a ghoul? What if he is missing a limb?
  • Why doesn't the Morgue have Ghoul fix/heal/repair options? Maybe bone+meat+blood+soul to fix/heal/repair a single ghoul?
  • Why is resurrecting a ghoul impossible? Seems kinda silly that skeletons can be brought back to life but ghouls can't?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:39:33 pm by Omnicast »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1531 on: April 26, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »

Its 3%, 10% was too overpowered.

Ghouls are alive. They eat, drink and sleep and therefore you cant just fiddle around on them and add bodyparts, but I do have something planned for the future.

3 new castes:

Warlock Voodoo Priest. (different natural spells)
Skeleton Lich. (undead mage)
Ghoul Thrull. (undead with different bodies/bodyparts)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Omnicast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 26, 2014, 03:47:42 pm »

Hmm so the ghoul I have that has a broken outer brain, broken upper true ribs, broken skull, and a broken left arm... how bad is it? Will he recover doc?

Oh and ooo the Lich and Thrull sounds awesome... the Voodoo Warlock seems... iffy? I dunno maybe it's just me I don't care much for Voodoo magic.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 26, 2014, 04:28:31 pm »

Voodoo sounds more like a kobold thing to be honest. Dunno why.

Hmm so the ghoul I have that has a broken outer brain, broken upper true ribs, broken skull, and a broken left arm... how bad is it? Will he recover doc?

He'll be fine, provided someone bothers to treat his injuries.

DeathShad0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 27, 2014, 02:40:27 am »

Well, think a save file is pretty much ruined. Got back into my current fortress after a short break and it crashes after about five seconds when unpaused. Reproducible, happens every time. Unfortunately I have no idea what's causing it.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 28, 2014, 07:58:57 am »

Same here, I've just lost, like, a fifth fortress in a row. :/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1536 on: April 28, 2014, 10:45:21 am »

Did you try to delete all lines with diggingInvader in the dfhack init, then restart the game?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 28, 2014, 12:26:34 pm »

What's with the products of the Overlord's Throne reactions? I keep getting little items that just sit around. They are marked as minion orders or something to that effect, but I don't know what else to do with them. I assumed that a raiding request has multiple reactions to completion, but I haven't really been able to get it to work. I even got intel on a caravan off a prisoner somehow, but when I told them to go take it, nothing really happened.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 28, 2014, 02:15:15 pm »

Make sure you have paired up the two order types.
E.g. Kidnap + Raid Caravan  or Steal + Raid Town

If you have just done a bunch of the raid jobs, do one order job for each minion order item laying arround to kick off the next steps in each raid. (nb/ this applies the other way round too if you have done buch of orders but only one raid job)
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 28, 2014, 07:43:19 pm »

Ahh, so you need Objectives to be paired with Orders?

Objectives being, pillage, kidnap, etc
Orders being, Countryside, Caravans, Castles, etc.

Omnicast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 28, 2014, 10:39:32 pm »

@Splint whelp... he still died... of thirst... stupid winter. Then again I didn't think they could die... of thirst... being undead an all.

@Kiefatar More like Orders being to pillage, kidnap, and slaughter.
Targets being Countryside, Caravans, Villages, and Castles.

Now I'm running into a butchery problem someone else just mentioned a few pages back. The dreadful endless partial skeleton butchery bug! Anyways is it possible to fix this by making partial skeletons unbutcherable? Then give the crematorium a reaction to just burn these into ash? Could this work as a temp fix? If not I could just... dump em then atom smash them. Kinda annoying though to keep rummaging through it and marking them all for dumping. I'd rather everything be as automatic as possible.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 28, 2014, 11:27:50 pm »

@Splint whelp... he still died... of thirst... stupid winter. Then again I didn't think they could die... of thirst... being undead an all.

@Kiefatar More like Orders being to pillage, kidnap, and slaughter.
Targets being Countryside, Caravans, Villages, and Castles.

Now I'm running into a butchery problem someone else just mentioned a few pages back. The dreadful endless partial skeleton butchery bug! Anyways is it possible to fix this by making partial skeletons unbutcherable? Then give the crematorium a reaction to just burn these into ash? Could this work as a temp fix? If not I could just... dump em then atom smash them. Kinda annoying though to keep rummaging through it and marking them all for dumping. I'd rather everything be as automatic as possible.

I've reanimated some partial skeletons as zombies, if that helps. Plus its something for your butchers to do in between waves of your ghouls killing wildlife.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Omnicast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 29, 2014, 01:24:28 am »

Ghouls killing wildlife?! HA! I only have one super ghoul doing that! He was doing just fine till he fought off a frogman invasion... solo... then his hand was injured and he turned into a vegetable inside the hospital... *sigh* damn unskilled skeleton medic is taking forever to heal him.

I think it's easier to just dump/atom smash the partial skeletons since I dislike zombies. Why? They lag the game when there too many of em... and their only useful if you have a lot. A small amount of 20-30 works as a early detection system/decoy. Gonna keep it that way. Once I had over 120 zombies... it was cool... until they started to slow my game down. =/

Anyways I have to ask... does anyone else think 3 year old children practicing necromancy is... AWESOME? I got a 3 year old witch migrant a while back and she just loves to assemble zombies and skeletons. (Only labor she can do lol.) I just assume it's similar to playing with dolls... is this bad parenting on my part?

Btw... are vampires broken?! I have eighteen barrels of blood and a few barrels of bloodwine... yet that a hole still drains people dry! WTF! Why does he not drink blood automatically?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:16:07 am by Omnicast »

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 29, 2014, 08:30:52 am »

Blood is not a drink so vampires will only drink it if you use the reaction in the Blood Winery. They will drink the bloodwine, but so will all the necromancers & ghouls so you need to ensure that you have enough barrels of bloodwine so that there is a free barrel to drink from. Note, put the vamp in a military squad and producing some waterskins help with this as will carry arround 2 drinks with them.
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 29, 2014, 04:16:52 pm »

God, two expert lashers, and it took thirteen days to kill a two-humped camel... scourges/flails really needs to be upgraded.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:19:25 pm by Szarrukin »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 110