Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 60

Author Topic: The First Magic Girls: A New Day Dawns  (Read 66049 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: A New Day Dawns
« Reply #675 on: January 02, 2014, 08:53:36 pm »

((*cat smiles* Worth.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 02, 2014, 08:58:15 pm »

((Excuse me while I go into Keith flirting mode.
"Holy shit. Bonjour madame, je suis mis en admiration par votre beauté incroyable et une forte volonté."
And that's how Keith flirts.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 02, 2014, 10:06:28 pm »

((*BONKS SELF FOR PLAYING GTA 5 TOO MUCH DAMMIT*
Relating to the Magic Girl-icide talk,
*squish*
"eeeeeeeeeeeewwww i hate when they do that"
Black lives matter.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 03, 2014, 12:30:51 pm »

Medomai eats breakfast.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 03, 2014, 12:51:14 pm »

Claudia is currently sleeping in at her hotel room. Yesterday had been extremely confusing and distressing, but she wasn't one to lose sleep easily. Somewhere along the way yesterday she had wandered off from the group - even Hogosha needed sleep, presumably. She hadn't exactly heard the voice, but she also hadn't been listening. Now that she was lying in bed, her thoughts turned to the voice again.

Can I still hear the voice? Is it saying anything?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 12, 2014, 07:02:36 pm »

((...Wait... It was Christmas break for the setting!? ...woah...))

Mimu is being sad as she slowly drew pictures of bright lights crashing around her and her parents. She was miserable and lonely.
((Yup. Right around the winter solstice. The original post identified the date as December 22--23rd now.))
She is in her room, [2] sadly scrawling stick figures and squiggly lines with crayons.
Aiko opens the door. "I see you're up, Mimu. Is everything alright?"

Eh.
Yukari wakes up and looks around, I suppose?
Fuuka feels a sense of impending dread. She shrugs and heads off downstairs.

Yukari just...reads a book for a bit?
Nice restful morning.

Katelyn knocks on Lyle's door.
"You up yet?"
"Ugh...what?"

Kimiko wakes up, gets dressed, eats some breakfast, and then heads to the nearest bus stop with a backpack full of metal bobby pins and lunch.
So you do. Where are you going? And, um, here's hoping the two don't get mixed in your backpack...
[3]

Keith stays in the hospital bed hoping the pain meds don't wear off.
Keith calls for nurse. With the button. No more magic until anything on par or over a murder can only be prevented with it. Keith also adds a vow to kill everything that has magic powers on the side seeing as magic is threat to everyone.
I'm going to say you did so without leaving your hospital bed, just sort of sitting up and making loud proclamations until the old guy two beds over shouts at you to "Shut up, you fucking dumb cunt!" (Or whatever that is in Japanese.)
And since I promised it...well, I was initially intending this to have no negative effects, but instead you slip and land badly on your arm. You might want to call a nurse. (And consider how your crusade will begin.)

Hikaru wakes up and goes through her morning routine (clothes, shower, breakfast, etc.)
Once that is all done with, she gets on her computer and checks if there is any new information about that meteorite shower.

Not much on the meteor. Lots of people citing each other on how magic "works," most of it contradictory with all other tales and a surprising amount self-contradictory. One remarkable fact in maybe one out of six claims is that magic sort of...spreads. One person uses it, others use it. Supposedly, there are secret labs in Korea and China where people with magical abilities are being forced to do exactly that.
Some of the new magical girls are more...high-profile than others. One turned a building into a pile of rubble and a pool of sludge, killing a few dozen people and injuring countless others. A vigilante in South Korea has been killing criminals. A rich girl has been boasting about her strength, wowing many and earning the condemnation of others. One young woman turned into a weird two-bodied monstrosity in the middle of a baseball game. Another young woman got into the public's eye by setting herself on fire repeatedly and gained notoriety by trying to avoid the media. Rumors of North Korea and China rounding up these girls for unknown purposes, of conspiracies, of kidnappings.

Miyuki woke up that morning feeling exhausted, she had not had a good night's sleep. The pain from her arm and her super hearing had made it almost impossible to fall into slumber. Still she pulled herself out of bed knowing that she wouldn't have any luck getting any more sleep. She staggered towards the kitchen and made some breakfast for herself, it looked like her mum had already gone out to work so she had the flat all to herself. As she was alone she decided it was a good time to try and unleash her alternate form again, at least this time nobody else would look at her funny.

After finishing breakfast Miyuki once more attempted to access her alternate form
[6] You do not seem to have one. Unless by "one," you mean "terrible migrane".

Medomai eats breakfast.
Tasty.

Claudia is currently sleeping in at her hotel room. Yesterday had been extremely confusing and distressing, but she wasn't one to lose sleep easily. Somewhere along the way yesterday she had wandered off from the group - even Hogosha needed sleep, presumably. She hadn't exactly heard the voice, but she also hadn't been listening. Now that she was lying in bed, her thoughts turned to the voice again.

Can I still hear the voice? Is it saying anything?
It's faint but audible when Hogosha isn't suppressing your magic.

Previous Night's Hijinks

Considering that noone's helped her at this point, Mao is now in the middle of a breakdown, standing in the hallway outside of the bedroom, backing up against the wall, staring at the bedroom and muttering under her breath about... something about eggplants, and women with bird faces, and finally...

"Doors... so many doors... Everywhere... everything wrong... everything... steeped in darkness and madness and HIM..."
Not like full siezure, just nightmares and fetal position wherever she happens to be standing, and ranting about doors and uboa and shit.
(You have to admit, though, you shouldn't have assumed I'd guess that was what was going on.)
"Um...are you alright, miss?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 12, 2014, 07:05:11 pm »

What the- An actual update? What heresy is this?

Kimiko takes the bus to the outskirts of Tokyo and tries to find a nice, quiet, secluded spot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 12, 2014, 07:05:55 pm »

((Why did I get up instead of push the call nurse button like I said I wanted to?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 12, 2014, 07:16:05 pm »

What the- An actual update? What heresy is this?

Kimiko takes the bus to the outskirts of Tokyo and tries to find a nice, quiet, secluded spot.
You do so.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 12, 2014, 07:17:33 pm »

Ow, wait for the nurse to get here.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 12, 2014, 07:19:13 pm »

Kimiko looks around to make sure that no-one is watching, and then pulls out a bobby pin and tries to manipulate it with her powers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2014, 07:38:09 pm »

Ow, wait for the nurse to get here.
A nurse comes by shortly.
"Are you alright?"
Do you want to be polite, snarky, or what?

Kimiko looks around to make sure that no-one is watching, and then pulls out a bobby pin and tries to manipulate it with her powers.
(Ah...I stored your stuff on Google Drive, which is slightly not working.)
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 12, 2014, 07:43:34 pm »

"Well, besides need a bit of help up I wanted to ask what injuries I have and how long I would be here."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 12, 2014, 07:59:29 pm »

((Let me know when it is then.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 12, 2014, 08:08:05 pm »

"Well, besides need a bit of help up I wanted to ask what injuries I have and how long I would be here."
"...Let's see..." You are examined.
"You seem to have a broken arm."

((Let me know when it is then.))
(Got it.)
You bend the bobby pin, then make it kinda spin in the air.
What were you trying to do, again?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 60