Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60

Author Topic: The First Magic Girls: A New Day Dawns  (Read 66064 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: Maho Ga Umareru: Bonus Turn
« Reply #405 on: December 21, 2013, 03:06:28 am »

Continued...

"Well I felt those tingles when a...stone, I guess, hit me? So I'm guessing nerve damage but then I felt those tingles all throughout my body. It didn't hit my spine though, just my..erm, head. I'm unsure it could do that much damage because I don't see any open wounds, sir.

"And does E-erm, could I talk to the doctor about it personally, please?"

Respond.
(This is the doctor. Sorry about being unclear.)
"That's...unusual." The doctor considers this for a moment.
(...I'll get back to you in a sec.)
((This is quite a long sec, huh. And all these other posts... >_<))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: Maho Ga Umareru
« Reply #406 on: December 21, 2013, 05:27:41 am »

Say, is anyone here either a medical professional (ideally a doctor or something) or knows one? What kinds of tests would they do for Hiromi?
(First thing check for brain damage, I think it like having a eye test but they are checking if the eyes can track correctly, then check for any swelling around the impact. Then they do the hammer test and then I can't remember. It was long time ago and I may of misremember the stuff that happened(I had gotten hit in the head after all).)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: Maho Ga Umareru
« Reply #407 on: December 21, 2013, 02:10:55 pm »

Katelyn wakes up, yawning.

She'd had a dream (nightmare?) about getting really big and then being a huge jerk - crushing cars, destroying buildings, killing people...

She decided not to think about it too much.

Katelyn knocks on Lyle's door.
"You up yet?"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:34:59 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: A Fiendish Plan
« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2013, 07:47:56 pm »

Continued...

"Well I felt those tingles when a...stone, I guess, hit me? So I'm guessing nerve damage but then I felt those tingles all throughout my body. It didn't hit my spine though, just my..erm, head. I'm unsure it could do that much damage because I don't see any open wounds, sir.

"And does E-erm, could I talk to the doctor about it personally, please?"

Respond.
(This is the doctor. Sorry about being unclear.)
"That's...unusual." The doctor considers this for a moment.
(...I'll get back to you in a sec.)
((This is quite a long sec, huh. And all these other posts... >_<))
((I was waiting for someone to give me some hint of what to do.))
Stuff happens. Is it fair to assume you tell the truth?

(Just embrace your fame and it will all be good. Also, don't cause massive property damage.)
(never!)
Dive into water and swim to the other side
[6] You leap into some water, intending to escape that way. You accidentally activate your fire jumping, fly right over the water, and land on the other side. Hitting concrete.
[1] Ow. Ooh dear. Let it be noted that you have broken both legs and an arm. You...aren't exactly going to be running much more.

"Alright, time's up. We really need to get going. Seems like it's already night."

The girls are lead out of the hospital, earning no small share of gawkers. You are brought to a trio of vans, each getting one public servant, two guards, and a few girls crammed into the back. You drive for a few hours, making small talk and trying not to think about the implications of everything.

You arrive. The guards exit as well; they start scanning the surrounding areas, a largish dirt area--looking relatively recently cleared out, and being used as a parking lot by the vans.
"First bit of classified information is where this is. Our expert analyst lives here; he will undoubtably be a vital national resource during the weeks and months that follow, and possibly beyond if this goes much farther."
"Really? You can't see any non-magic use for me, Tai?"
A man wearing sneakers, sweatpants, and a hooded sweatshirt exits the woods.
"Girls, meet Kanagawa Chihu. Chihu, I'm Taisho."
"Or Taiga."
"Don't make me cut your funding."
"Not like I use it for anything. C'mon, Ai, Tai, Kir, girls. I don't think any of you have been around lately. Don't forget the little girl. Thanks for the intern, Ai."
Heishi retrieves Minu. Once they rejoin the group, Chihu leads them up the slope, leaving behind the guards.
"Before anyone asks," Chihu says, "this is a lot more secure than it looks. It's pretty isolated for a place you can almost reach by road. The impromptu parking lot you saw looks pretty conspicuous from there, but it's nothing more than an oddity without any vehicles. Not that people are likely to drive past anyways; the nearby road is mostly used either to get between a couple dinky towns, and it's too secret to tell you which ones, or sometimes as an overflow when a nearby road gets really crowded. The first doesn't happen very often and we've--I've, rather--found some of the more likely folks; the second is rare, periodic, and occupied by people too busy and rushed to notice a barren patch of forest, vans or no. And it has some other good features, too."
You walk a few more minutes, strangely feeling not much more tired at the end than the beginning. Taisho and Heishi look a bit more winded, though.
"Twenty-three 'steps,' little ridges. Enough to discourage people from trekking up if they don't know what's up here. Important for other reasons, too. It's the most magical number, you know. Is that classified?"
"No."
You walk up, eventually hearing the sound of running water. A few minutes and a couple 'steps' later, you reach a clearing. The clearing is flat, with a pond in the middle, running in a stream towards a cleft in the mountain. The stream is interrupted by a pump drawing it into a building set up over the creek. The building is a quick little prefab structure with some modifications done to it after-market. A few others have been set up, along with some rocks in piles or circles, looking like the handmade starts of buildings. Overall, there are a couple dozen of the little structures. Within that ring are seven rocks around the central pond.
"Welcome to the Compound, aka my humble abode. Technically, it's that building over there. Thirteen. Technically, it's also Morri's house. It's a little duplex. MORRI! The bosses brought a bunch of girls!"
Out of the prefab building Chihu pointed out comes a girl, maybe 18 or 19, wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. She comes over to your group.
"Everyone, this is Saga Moriko. Morri, this is the bunch I told you about. Got the clipboard? Good. Write down your impressions of the girls, even the little one, and I'll decipher them when I get up. I'm in desperate need of a nap before I over-exert myself again. See y'all in fifteen, maybe thirty if I lose track of time."
Morri nods, and Chihu heads for the other door in the living building. The girl turns back towards the group.
"Greetings. Um, if you'd come forward, I could evaluate you? And maybe you should tell me what you've found out about your power already?"

(And thus begins my fiendish plot to figure out who all was at the hospital. Mwa-ha-ha!)

Status
Spoiler: Jane Grave (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hiromi Anaya (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Keith Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medomai (Pufferfish) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mimu (RangerCado) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minami Hikaru (Emral) (click to show/hide)

I've been thinking of redacting the semi-formal turn structure and just running "turns" when needed, with statuses staying in the second post.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 21, 2013, 07:49:59 pm »

Continue exploring what I can do with the voices.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 21, 2013, 07:50:49 pm »

Kimiko nudges a couple people out of the way and steps forward, "Might as well get this over with."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 21, 2013, 08:08:01 pm »

Continue exploring what I can do with the voices.
[1] "AHH AHH AH!" You get a horrible headache, causing you to grab your head and...well, it ends with the little girl crying, two bloody noses, and you and two other people in the water. The headache is distracting. You might actually need to roll to get back to the boat!
[3] You manage to hold onto the side, headache still splitting.

Kimiko nudges a couple people out of the way and steps forward, "Might as well get this over with."
"Alright. Any signs of magic?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 21, 2013, 08:11:15 pm »

"I'm..." she frowns, thinking. Maybe her real name might be a bad idea. She doesn't know if she's technically where she is legally, honestly. "um..." She looks down at her shirt for a moment, then back up at them. "U-um... Madotsuki. I um... I can transform? I guess?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 21, 2013, 08:13:50 pm »

Get back on the boat to the best of my abilities.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 21, 2013, 08:18:00 pm »

Katelyn knocks on Lyle's door.
"You up yet?"
Black lives matter.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 21, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »

((BWEH where was my update?))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 21, 2013, 08:31:05 pm »

"No."

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 21, 2013, 08:34:37 pm »

"Um... I'm Willamina Woodson, and I don't think that I have any powers. All that the meteor did was make me nauseous... You wouldn't happen to have anything for that, would you?"
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 21, 2013, 09:09:33 pm »

((BWEH where was my update?))
I probably missed the post. I had like ten turns of stuff to sift through.

"I'm..." she frowns, thinking. Maybe her real name might be a bad idea. She doesn't know if she's technically where she is legally, honestly. "um..." She looks down at her shirt for a moment, then back up at them. "U-um... Madotsuki. I um... I can transform? I guess?"
Moriko nods and puts her hand against your forehead, before writing some stuff down on the clipboard and flipping to the next page.

"No."
"Noted." She also places her hand against your forehead and writes stuff down before going to the next page.

"Um... I'm Willamina Woodson, and I don't think that I have any powers. All that the meteor did was make me nauseous... You wouldn't happen to have anything for that, would you?"
"I'm not sure. I'll check in a sec."
I think you can guess what happens next.
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 21, 2013, 09:10:28 pm »

Kimiko looks incredulously at Moriko,"That's it?"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60