Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Good or bad idea to resurrect this game?

Excellent
- 8 (47.1%)
Good
- 1 (5.9%)
Neutral
- 1 (5.9%)
Bad
- 0 (0%)
Horrible
- 1 (5.9%)
Cheesesteak Baconbuger fries!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll to Level/Sburb/Raise  (Read 57109 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (Forgetful GM forgets to update banner)
« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2014, 09:48:36 am »

I will point out that you're more likely to make more things if you try and do the prince thing. Since I'm assuming he can destroy nothing like Roxy could steal the fact that something... wasn't.

Actually, both are true.  He can destroy the void to create objects, but he can also destroy using the void, which has the ability to just obliterate his enemies from existence.  Granted, he will have to god tier to be able to use this ability, but when he does, everyone would be screwed if they try to fight him.  However, if he enters the session he is going to, then he will instead become Lord of Void, wherein he will become the embodiment of the Void, meaning nothing normal and most supernatural cannot harm him, and he would be able to manipulate the void to do whatever he wants.  Fighting him, you better be damn sure what you are doing.

Curl up, ready to pounce, but wait to actually do it until one of the imps drops their guard to attack, timed to interrupt their action. Again, if I land on them then rake them repeatedly with my claws while they're down. If they dodge, then swipe at them once as I leap away to try again. If they don't give me an opening when they attack because they have high-quality combat stances, then leap away from their attack and maintain my distance until I get a good shot at them. If my claws catch on them then drag them to the floor with it and keep twisting them about with my claws in their flesh, rakeing them with my other claws while they're down, similar to if I'd pounced on them. If one of them is dumb enough to go near the balcony and I get an opportunity to do so, then hurl them off and let gravity do its job.

Preparing for everything?  I approve, may a metric ton of damage dealt be yours.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 12, 2014, 10:57:13 am »

(Lenglon please, can you stop ehat your doing and deploy the punch designix.)
>put on ninja training video for kittens.
>Activate server copy of sburb
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:57:09 am by blademan9999 »
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (Someone's being trolled)
« Reply #407 on: January 12, 2014, 12:54:25 pm »

Spoiler: Pesterlog (click to show/hide)

Grab another bottle of apple juice, while I wait for hydra to deploy the things. If my other bottle is still full-ish, do not grab another bottle and instead keep the bottle I already have.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 12, 2014, 01:30:10 pm »

>Activate client copy of sburb

Server.  Not Client, Server.

(Lenglon please, can you stop ehat your doing and deploy the punch designix.)

He's a little busy with imps right now.  How about you prototype again to get a stronger sprite that can give you advice?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 12, 2014, 01:34:08 pm »

So, I've been thinking about this a good bit recently because I was curious about it. Since I'm a knight of rage does that mean that I can use rage to assist me and also use belief in one outcome to assist me as well? Like, for example I totally believe that I CAN punch a whole in that guy does that mean I can do it through sheer disbelief in any other outcome?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 12, 2014, 02:03:05 pm »

So, I've been thinking about this a good bit recently because I was curious about it. Since I'm a knight of rage does that mean that I can use rage to assist me and also use belief in one outcome to assist me as well? Like, for example I totally believe that I CAN punch a whole in that guy does that mean I can do it through sheer disbelief in any other outcome?
According to Rule of Cool yes, yes you can.;)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 12, 2014, 02:39:20 pm »

Yeah.  Here's a theoretical path you could wind up taking: you will wind up suffering from a great deal of failure, which will lead to you resigning your fate to you having no true ability to decide your future, but your classpect inverse (Rouge of Hope, AD cosplayer) will bring you out of your downtrodden state leading you to become basically having the abilities of a viking berserker who can never miss.  However, if you get enough belief in the fact, you won't just never be able to miss, you might never be able to be hit because you deny your opponents the possibility.  In fact, if you have enough of an understanding of your classpect and it's inverse, you might be able to, ]with the help of the AD cosplayer early on, but eventually managing to do it yourself, possibly, deny aspects of reality itself and reality would change to fit, maybe to the point where you can change the fact of whether someone is a god tier or not.  Stronger than you were expecting, no?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 12, 2014, 02:42:28 pm »

Actually it's exactly as strong as I was thinking just to the level that I wasn't sure you would allow.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 12, 2014, 02:47:10 pm »

How do my thief of Doom  powers work???

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 12, 2014, 02:59:20 pm »

I would assume you could steal misfortune and death from others and bring it upon yourself.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 12, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »

I would assume you could steal misfortune and death from others and bring it upon yourself.

This, and at higher realizations of your power, you can steal the doom of a doomed timeline self/doomed timeline.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 12, 2014, 05:36:20 pm »

This, and at higher realizations of your power, you can steal the doom of a doomed timeline self/doomed timeline.
Just to be clear this would be better for a Rogue as a Thief stealing Doom for themselves implies that while others would not be doomed they would be as opposed to stealing for others implying that the one thing stops being doomed but they redirect said doom onto another.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 12, 2014, 06:57:49 pm »

so, is the doom-ness transferred to the timeline I'm in?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 12, 2014, 11:17:26 pm »

Just to be clear this would be better for a Rogue as a Thief stealing Doom for themselves implies that while others would not be doomed they would be as opposed to stealing for others implying that the one thing stops being doomed but they redirect said doom onto another.

Rogues don't steal for others.  They redistribute the form of the aspect they have to others, while a thief redistributes the form of the aspect others have to them.  So a Rogue of Doom redistributes what doom they have over to another, preferably an enemy.

so, is the doom-ness transferred to the timeline I'm in?

Not to the timeline, but you.  You're class's abilities make you into a martyr.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 13, 2014, 10:01:05 am »

Sorry if it conflicts with your version but I was working off this:
Quote from: Wiki
Rogue and Thief are a pair of classes, respectively passive and active, that are assigned typically, but not exclusively, to female players. They deal with stealing and turning others' powers against them. While the active Thief will steal things to their own benefit, the passive Rogue will enhance their teammates, or their session with the stolen aspect and is described by Roxy as a "Robin Hood" of their aspect.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37