Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Good or bad idea to resurrect this game?

Excellent
- 8 (47.1%)
Good
- 1 (5.9%)
Neutral
- 1 (5.9%)
Bad
- 0 (0%)
Horrible
- 1 (5.9%)
Cheesesteak Baconbuger fries!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll to Level/Sburb/Raise  (Read 57004 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (Forgetful GM forgets to update banner)
« Reply #420 on: January 14, 2014, 11:52:34 am »

Sorry if it conflicts with your version but I was working off this:
Quote from: Wiki
Rogue and Thief are a pair of classes, respectively passive and active, that are assigned typically, but not exclusively, to female players. They deal with stealing and turning others' powers against them. While the active Thief will steal things to their own benefit, the passive Rogue will enhance their teammates, or their session with the stolen aspect and is described by Roxy as a "Robin Hood" of their aspect.

I'm just going to say that if you can give a plausible description of what a god tier's powers might be, then I'll let them be used.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 14, 2014, 12:04:04 pm »

I think Rogue of Doom would steal the doomedness of something and make something else doomed while the Thief of Doom steal the Doom from something but make themselves more doomed.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 14, 2014, 01:36:29 pm »

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Don't ruin my plan!!!!!!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 14, 2014, 04:26:33 pm »

Deploy all the devices necesarry for my client to enter the medium.
Also, I just finished reading all of Homestuck.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 14, 2014, 04:32:39 pm »

How long?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 14, 2014, 04:36:26 pm »

How long?

about seven thousand pages, I think.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 14, 2014, 04:38:26 pm »

How long?
You mean how long it took me to read all of it? I'd say more than two weeks, at least.
The number of pages is specifically, 6850, counting the number of interactive flash games and animations.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 14, 2014, 11:11:17 pm »

Just realized that all the actions needed to make the turn have been posted.  I'm going to start working on the turn...tomorrow.  I need sleep so I don't nearly fall asleep in calculus...again.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 16, 2014, 09:17:36 am »

I wonder how the hydra's going to fit into the god tier outfit.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (Has a poll!)
« Reply #429 on: January 16, 2014, 09:25:45 pm »

Client-Server Chain 1

Grab another bottle of apple juice, while I wait for hydra to deploy the things. If my other bottle is still full-ish, do not grab another bottle and instead keep the bottle I already have.

You look at your old bottle, picking it up to see if there is anything left in it.  It's still roughly half full, so you continue sipping on it, further away from your electronics than before.  You hear the thudding of your devices being placed around your apartment.

Deploy all the devices necesarry for my client to enter the medium.

You deploy the devices necessary to enter the medium around various places in the cosplayer's apartment.

Spoiler: Open Spritelog (click to show/hide)

Client-Server Chain 2

I use some of my savings to set up an some ads  for my website.

You would set up some ads on the website, but you don't get a response from any advertising agencies.  You think the meteors might be the cause.

Woo! Go home and improve my rifle. Also reward my faithful sprite for his loyalty by giving him a second prototyping. Use the picture of Andrew Hussie on my wall next to the horse pictures for the prototyping.

Through your experimentation, you create a M14 rifle.  You then take a picture of the rifle captchalogue it, and take it and a card containing one of your old rifle's cartridges to create some spares (as well as restoring your card stocks), using up the remainder of your grist.  Smiling at your acquisition, you then prototype your sprite with a picture of Andrew Hussie, with a cat on his shoulder.  This prototyping results in your sprite looking like Andrew Hussie with Goku's Hair, with the cat on his shoulder having Vegeta's hair.

Spoiler: Show Spritelog (click to show/hide)

Cast Fireball.

You prototype your sprite with the fireball, but unusual nature of the prototyping causes a small shockwave to billow outwards, and prototype your sprite a second time with an Elephant Seal statue you have.

Begin music montage. Enter the medium.

You put on some suitably epic music and enter the medium in style.  Dice level up.

Curl up, ready to pounce, but wait to actually do it until one of the imps drops their guard to attack, timed to interrupt their action. Again, if I land on them then rake them repeatedly with my claws while they're down. If they dodge, then swipe at them once as I leap away to try again. If they don't give me an opening when they attack because they have high-quality combat stances, then leap away from their attack and maintain my distance until I get a good shot at them. If my claws catch on them then drag them to the floor with it and keep twisting them about with my claws in their flesh, rakeing them with my other claws while they're down, similar to if I'd pounced on them. If one of them is dumb enough to go near the balcony and I get an opportunity to do so, then hurl them off and let gravity do its job.

(alt scene: begin)

You curl up, preparing to pounce at the first sign of an attack.  Dorsisprite, rather than waiting, strums a note on its guitar that it took with it into the prototyping, this causes a wave, strangely, a different color from his blue, to burst from the guitar and strike both imps, causing a stagger (0 damage dealt.  Stagger - 2 turns).  Wasting no time, you leap at the first imp, scratching it repeatedly (15, 18) (12, 3) (9, 18).  The rapid striking, combined with the stagger, dealing enough damage to kill the imp.  You get more grist!  The other imp has recovered by this time, leading to regular strife.

You aggrieve the imp with your metal claws and deal 3 and 18 damage!
The imp aggrieves you and deals 8 damage!
Dorsisprite strums a note and launches a beam that deals a whopping 48 damage!
You aggrieve the imp with your metal claws and deal 6 and 3 damage!
The imp has died!  You get more grist!  You advance to echeladder level 3 (+25 HP)

Wizard Lincoln Fox Imp: DEAD
Kitten Assassin Elf Imp: DEAD
foxyKitty: 115 HP
Dorsisprite: 1000 HP

>put on ninja training video for kittens.
>Activate server copy of sburb

You find a ninja training video, and put it on the television.  You leave before you notice if the kittens have taken an interest, and go up to your computer and start up you sburb server, getting you a connection to your client very quickly.

Client-Server Chain 3

Try to alchemize a MF-Hyperbreeder Alpha from Fallout: New Vegas 

You cannot make such a good weapon at the current time.  It costs well over five grist.  It appears to deal damage equal to Xd6 (X is your echeladder level) times 25.

Unconnected

Use smoke pellets to do something simultaneously ninja-like and Homestuck-like, and then do the Prince thing where I destroy him.

You throw the smoke pellets you brought, but they don't burst.  At least, until a stray micrometeorite hits a crate and causes it to land on the pellets.  You try to 'do the prince thing', but it doesn't work out too well since you haven't god tiered.  Well, it might have caused the micrometeorite to hit the crate, but nothing you notice, so you abscond like crazy out of the factory, performing a cool ninja jump off of a building to get over the fence.  After awhile, you notice that no police are chasing you, so you head back to your dojo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Active, In Medium

Spoiler: KJ1225 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hydra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Poketwo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DorsiDwarf (click to show/hide)

Active, Out of Medium

Spoiler: Aattss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheFroggyNinja (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Other Information

Spoiler: God Tiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Server-Client Chains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Prototypings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Land of ____ and _____ (click to show/hide)

Tentative allocation of unallocated strife specibi based upon priorly used weapons.  May be changed.

Grist levels added to inventory.  Imps (First appearing at Echeladder Level 1) drop 25 grist on death, Ogres (First appear at level 5) drop 100 on death, Basilisks (First appear at level 10) drop 400 on death, Giclopses (First appear at level 15) drop 1600 on death, Liches (First appear at level 20) drop 6400 on death, Horned Giclopses (First appear at level 25) drop 25600 grist on death, Archerons (First appear at level 30) drop 102400 grist on death, Titachnids (First appear at level 35) drop 409600 grist, Lich Queens (First appear at level 40) drop 1638400 grist on death, and <denizen> minions (First appear at level 45) drop 6553600 grist on death.  If you decide to kill your denizen (can meet at anytime once 7th gate can be accessed, but recommendation of combat is level 50 <max 'normal'>), it drops grist equal to the tenth perfect number on death.

From now on, alchemy using the alchemiter must be in the Homestuck alchemy format.  Function examples in spoiler below.  Protocol being instituted so that resulting weapons are more uniquely named based off of components.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:42:10 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 16, 2014, 09:33:34 pm »

More hunting! To get an element of surprise hide in one of the craters in a raised position above a small group of Imps. When they aren't looking fire on whatever one is farthest away. Ask Husku to distract them if possible as it will go well with my tactic of sniping from afar.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (Okay, so I'm a day late...)
« Reply #431 on: January 16, 2014, 09:54:50 pm »

((Bookkeeping double-check request: I think I'm short some grist and my hp is either too high or too low))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 16, 2014, 10:10:55 pm »

((Bookkeeping double-check request: I think I'm short some grist and my hp is either too high or too low))

You have less grist due to the claws having been made, and your HP started 2 less due to carry-over damage since the fight's intro was immediately after the end of the previous.  In order to heal you need a gap of one turn between one fight and the next.  Your max health was 125 because you are Echeladder level 2.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 16, 2014, 10:29:51 pm »

Wait, did the fireball actually work?

I can't wait to see what the imps will be like.

Also, shouldn't I have two Spell Learn Counters?

Learn Do The Entry Things.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 16, 2014, 11:09:52 pm »

You have less grist due to the claws having been made, and your HP started 2 less due to carry-over damage since the fight's intro was immediately after the end of the previous.  In order to heal you need a gap of one turn between one fight and the next.  Your max health was 125 because you are Echeladder level 2.
((Causality problem: the grist you subtracted to make the claws... I didn't have until after I used the claws to fight the first imp. because I haven't made anything since before combat began, I should have a minimum of 75 grist even if I started with 0 or (exactly enough to make a set of claws however much that is)

btw, what WAS my starting grist anyway? I thought each person who ran sburb/sgrub got 10^X initial grist, where X was the position they ran it in. so the first client had 10 grist, the second 100, the third 1000, and so on.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37