Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122686 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Too Townie to Live [Day 3]
« Reply #660 on: January 23, 2014, 07:04:51 pm »

Hmm. The day's about to end, and Tiruin has stopped being upset. Also, NF just got back. I'm tempted to use my extend to keep the discussion going.

Everyone: Do you think this day is worthy of an extend? Personally, I think it is.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 23, 2014, 07:05:41 pm »

Dammit. There's no time to quote anything, barring an extend from the three players that have them who conveniently enough aren't posting anything.

ToonyMan: The problem I see with Tiruin lying about her role-claim is that one less town power role eliminates the Bus Driver and guarantees a Serial Killer. I have a bigger problem with the fact that there's an SK than that Tiruin went Vig-crazy.

Tiruin: No hard feelings. Emotions happen.

Re: your claim. Why the hell did you claim all the night kills? I don't care about the Vig claim. It's that you up and said "I shot zu and Hapah." That's what I don't understand the why of. What the hell were you thinking you'd accomplish with that? And the very fact that it makes no damn sense has me come round to believing it's sincerity. No one plays a scum play like this, this bald-faced bold play that's doomed you to a lynch. Nobody. This is essentially like tying a pork chop around your neck and jumping into a dogfight.

More: we "know" there's a JOAT because the setup now demands it, based on the number of Town power claims. The bigger concern, as above, is whether there's a Serial Killer. I think there is, because one false claim of a town power role changes the mafia team to eliminate the Bus Driver, but adds an SK.

PPE: EP, Extend, please. I want to hear from NF.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 23, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »

Hmm. The day's about to end, and Tiruin has stopped being upset. Also, NF just got back. I'm tempted to use my extend to keep the discussion going.

Everyone: Do you think this day is worthy of an extend? Personally, I think it is.
I do, but that's just me speaking. :I

Re: your claim. Why the hell did you claim all the night kills? I don't care about the Vig claim. It's that you up and said "I shot zu and Hapah." [...]
*facepalm*
I said what I said. I claimed for clarity. I noticed a note on the scumteam (TDS flipped scum and I was to counterclaim him, if it wasn't for RL which makes this point null and void) on willingness to poke as a Vig, so I did that to show exactness.

And the very fact that it makes no damn sense has me come round to believing it's sincerity. No one plays a scum play like this, this bald-faced bold play that's doomed you to a lynch. Nobody. This is essentially like tying a pork chop around your neck and jumping into a dogfight.
...? No sense in what viewpoint? I don't think I'm getting you right. What bald-faced play is there when it's true? I targeted those people-those were my full and unhidden reasons, and there is nothing else I can say to defend them, is my whole point on the matter.

Or is it with the most possible setup that has emerged? What did you find? Because I find myself staring at the 5T-setup (also I never got the answer on 'is the 6 confirmed vanilla townie a fact' statement).

More: we "know" there's a JOAT because the setup now demands it, based on the number of Town power claims. The bigger concern, as above, is whether there's a Serial Killer. I think there is, because one false claim of a town power role changes the mafia team to eliminate the Bus Driver, but adds an SK.
...You mean 3 claims out of the many? Yeah, or you're speaking technicalities (I mean, there...is a JOAT as a possibility..but that depends on the # of Ts.).
Err, elucidate me here. I see my thinking too wrapped up around the conventional setup rather than the JK9++ one.

[...]Tiruin went Vig-crazy.
>_<
Ok, bias. :I Those targets-and I reiterate that I speak in truth-were as I told them to be. My full reasons on why they were chosen (instead of using my powers to go willy-nilly N1/2) I did not go 'crazy' with using my shots, I used them in how I found them best to be placed (and yeah I shot instead of held the bullet. It was a hard decision-with details back there)
:/
I don't know what else you want from me but to say that.
*Hmm*
Ok, look-even if I was scum, to appease any stray thoughts-those are the same reasons I'd give, because I'm not the kinda player who lies for benefit--only lies in defense, sure, and then only as scum. Is this statement WIFOM? No, just a statement so you can know more about me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 23, 2014, 07:28:17 pm »

...'Tempted' as opposed to you wanting to use it? Ehh?
I think I misunderstand.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 23, 2014, 07:32:15 pm »

...'Tempted' as opposed to you wanting to use it? Ehh?
I think I misunderstand.
I kind of want to use it, but it could be useful tomorrow. I was looking for opinions on whether or not it's a good idea, since I only have one extend.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 23, 2014, 07:33:17 pm »

And you think there'll be a tomorrow...why?
And yeah-we all have one extend. :I

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 23, 2014, 07:40:05 pm »

Shouldn't there be a tomorrow? Either way, it seems like a good idea to use my extend.

Extend: Elephant Parade

I'm going to be doing some homework in twenty minutes. It should take me an hour or so.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 23, 2014, 07:44:57 pm »

EBWOP:

Why the hell did you claim all the night kills?
Why is everyone so adamant that Persus hid behind ZU?! I'm rounding the question because-hey-nobody makes sense of what I said in tandem with that: It's a tough case for me to persuade due to the fact that, if I had said anything about it before (ie D2 or even gave any hint of it, scum would know!) I put the scenario of 'I hit ZU, they killed Persus. He's a hider. oh wow.' in my PoV and that's the best I can come up with--the better thing is its against me in any kind of perspective as:
> I can't claim because I'll die, aaaand they'd have known their kill would be a Hider. Perfect alibi perhaps? Granted that none explain the opposite of what I claim, I see this as an expected variable.
Spoiler: OOC :I (click to show/hide)

It's that you up and said "I shot zu and Hapah."
Because I did. Nothing else. What is so much in that tiny tiny phrase that makes it soooo important to stress? Can I explain anything beyond my boundaries? No, but I may interpolate. I gave my best note on that--nobody is poking it.

PPE
Shouldn't there be a tomorrow? Either way, it seems like a good idea to use my extend.

Extend: Elephant Parade

I'm going to be doing some homework in twenty minutes. It should take me an hour or so.
No I-GRAH. >_> It isn't the shouldn't there be a tomorrow, I meant you should look into the count and...Bleh. Answer me later on your reads please.
I mean that the point of being 'Tomorrow' and 'not Tomorrow' lies in the 1:4:2/5:2 count I checked in earlier. From my viewpoint, it's going all to hell and beyond-I claimed for clarity, is my only defense, and I wanted it fixed that way. Due to claims of today, if I die it would be a 1:3:2/4:2, wherein scum know the jailkeeper. I believe scientist because of his actions, and how he presented his notion; firstly I thought it was a quick-attack due to the TDS-detail (scum claimed vig. A jailkeeper seemed like the best counter due to both protecting and roleblocking; setting little distinction between scum-fakeclaiming or town-realclaiming), but it was discarded due to a full-re-read of scientist/pufferfish.
makeinu: Could I ask what you're trying to imply? Forward the question as it seems we're thinking of two sides of the same coin. Meaning: Same subject, different viewpoints.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 23, 2014, 07:52:31 pm »

makeinu: Could I ask what you're trying to imply? Forward the question as it seems we're thinking of two sides of the same coin. Meaning: Same subject, different viewpoints.

Regarding?

I'm stating that coming forth and claiming two of three unexplained night kills is either incredibly bold as scum, or incredibly idiotic as town, because it's basically guaranteed to get you lynched.

Townies will jump on it because you killed townies. Scum will jump on it because free lynch!!
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 23, 2014, 08:01:26 pm »

Idiotic?!
>_>
Do I have to restate: Clarity, instead?

Townies will jump on it because you killed townies. Scum will jump on it because free lynch!!
Aww come on! Results before causes first, again?! Bloody hell could I know they were town! Nobody argued in their stead and all I got was either people were missing my question despite me restating it (or I'm bad at wording and English in general) or other stuffs leading to that kind of idea. It didn't help that all I've got as responses are short one-liners, which did not help clarify the situation.

@purple: It's a free lynch only and IF only I give up. I'm damned well not giving this up. The free lynch also uses townies in the process--ie, people's thinking. I doubt the mass populace would be crowd-minded in this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 23, 2014, 08:02:39 pm »

@Makeinu:
ToonyMan: The problem I see with Tiruin lying about her role-claim is that one less town power role eliminates the Bus Driver and guarantees a Serial Killer. I have a bigger problem with the fact that there's an SK than that Tiruin went Vig-crazy.
Yeah, or maybe Tiruin is the SK.

@Tiruin:
Tell me this Tiruin, since you think I'm scum, why would TDS try to get me lynched yesterday (and almost succeeded)?  I can understand me voting TDS back then doesn't really mean anything, but his case on me was honestly pretty bad and mafia wouldn't incite that for no reason.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 23, 2014, 08:04:50 pm »

@Tiruin (I know I shouldn't do this but I couldn't resist):
"I damned well won't give up!"
*votes self*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 23, 2014, 08:09:20 pm »

@Tiruin:
Tell me this Tiruin, since you think I'm scum, why would TDS try to get me lynched yesterday (and almost succeeded)?  I can understand me voting TDS back then doesn't really mean anything, but his case on me was honestly pretty bad and mafia wouldn't incite that for no reason.
Almost succeeded? Because your planning structure had a flaw. It had a logical flaw, in that you took the pressure point of 'bluffing', as you term it, onto Pufferfish. AKA Scientist.

And I don't recall the point when you answered Elephant Parade's question on why you only admitted it and explained after (his emphasis on after-I didn't consider this much as a point against you because RL. I know that feel >_>) two people attacked you.

And you still didn't say why you suspected me and scientist in the first post of the day.

@Makeinu:
Yeah, or maybe Tiruin is the SK.
*facepalm*
Whatever. <_< Yeah I'm the SK and this totally isn't a plot to overthrow the Queen.

Why is this more of a possibility, than me being Mafia?
GrahPPE
@Tiruin (I know I shouldn't do this but I couldn't resist):
"I damned well won't give up!"
*votes self*
:I
Mean. So mean.
*sigh* Yeah, you're right there (but still. Mean!) Do not take any of the rest here in Mafia-role-alignment whatever context:
That was...different. I reacted badly towards makeinu's point. I voted myself, because I wanted this ended--less of an appeal, as said, but more of distress (go self-dictionary; fail to separate duress from distress, much.). I...have stuffs with labels. And even any sorta implication--I mean, I set off makeinu's triggerbombbutton--..didn't bode well with me.

Stuff after game of it. But..yeah. I acted very poorly on that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 23, 2014, 08:09:37 pm »

I do have a stupid plan we could do, but it would almost guarantee a mafia win unless there's no SK and Tiruin is mafia.

The premise:
We could no lynch and Tiruin and I will shoot each other tonight.

The problem:
Unless Tiruin is mafia and there's no SK I think that's a win for mafia if they just kill somebody that isn't one of us.

I really don't trust Tiruin to be town, but unless we have the most ideal situation it's not worth doing unless anybody has any solutions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 23, 2014, 08:13:06 pm »

I suspected you and Scientist at the start of today because you two were the only people who weren't voting DarkStar at Day 2 end.  I am that simple-minded, but hey look I'm pretty sure one of you is scum now!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57