Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122347 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2014, 12:41:47 am »

Tiruin: 1, who said "I didn't like the way she said her FOSes." Pretty sure there are like 4-5 people voting her.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2014, 12:42:56 am »

...Caz is male.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2014, 12:44:40 am »

Also as far as I know (and as far as I can post without my net cutting half of it in two--I'm scared, actually :S)), you're REALLY missing the reasons people gave.

Let me name some people who gave reasons other than Imperial Guardsman--from memory given that I didn't view the lastest stuffs after my post.

Urist Imiknorris. Makeinu. Persus.

And that was then. Why do you only remember that one statement? Looks much like how IG gave his reasons, too.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2014, 11:32:34 am »

Did I actually?

All I see are... Urists... and Makeinu's for everyone, which I don't want. (Makeinu does explain himself which I like).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2014, 12:38:41 pm »

@Caz:
I do not like your attitude.  There's being afraid of dying and then there's "I don't give a crap if I'm lynched lol".  Why does UI's reason for voting you make little sense?
He's picking over scraps in response to my vote on him.
What scraps?

IMO, someone voting Caz should be mafia, and I'm looking for that person..
Why is that?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 05, 2014, 12:46:36 pm »

It's too fast and too many.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2014, 01:05:13 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Persus13:
Tiruin:
TheDarkStar:
Superblackcat:
Pufferfish:
Imperial Guardsman: NativeForeigner
zombie urist: Tiruin
makeinu: TheDarkStar, Caz, Persus13
Urist Imiknorris:
ToonyMan: Pufferfish, Elephant Parade
NativeForeigner:
Caz: Imperial Guardsman, Urist Imiknorris, ToonyMan, makeinu

No Lynch:

Not Voting: zombie urist, Superblackcat

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 1/7 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2014, 02:41:27 pm »

Hey guys, I'm back.

Persus13:

Makeinu: I really don't understand what's going on with you. Your play seems really strange

As compared to what, exactly?

A BM on a new forum that presents me with a completely new play style and play/communication restrictions, in a format I've never seen before (Sprint), where I'm still learning the ropes?

A power madness game that's only as much an open setup as this one, in that possible roles are known, but not actual ones, where I stretched my legs a bit from the aforementioned BM and expressed myself?

A second BM where I'm having to moderate my play with an eye to both learn what this forum expects of an IC and provide said guidance at the same time?

If that's your comparison pool, and I suspect that's the limit, then I'd say you don't have a baseline to compare to to make a judgement of "strange" from. Even on my home planet, my fellow mafia-ers don't know what to expect out of me from one game to the next, though, so I suppose "strange" is my meta.
Good point.

Unvote

Heh, I don't suspect anyone... at all thus far, I am quite curious as to why you guys are all voting caz... and where teh differences in reason comes between you guys..

Sadly, no one has answered..

IMO, someone voting Caz should be mafia, and I'm looking for that person..
Caz asked Elephant Parade if he was going to "help destroy the town", which Caz claims was him trying to catch lazy scum and could be him being scum slipping up. Makeinu is attacking Caz for hypocrisy, Urist seems be attacking Caz for inconsistency.

And your rule that one of those voting Caz is scum is likely, but not necessarily true. 9 people are not voting Caz.

Pufferfish: could you be more active. What are your reasons behind your vote on Toony?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2014, 03:30:46 pm »

I think Pufferfish needs replaced.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2014, 03:52:45 pm »

I think Pufferfish needs replaced.

He has been prodded.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2014, 04:30:41 pm »

Btw, who are your other suspects, if you have any?

In alphabetical order, why not?

Elephant Parade: Said not much so far. Has been waiting for ToonyMan to reply to his question, and not much beyond that. Null read, slight scum.

Imperial Guardsman: Paying attention? Playing at all? Only asked a question of EP, no follow-up, soft explanation of Caz and Elephant Parade suspicions. Slight scum.

NativeForeigner: Late to start, but believable explanation. Pressed initial case on Caz, but no follow-up. Would like to see more. Null, slight Town?

Persus13: Not much on questions. Wishy-washy vote on Caz, but reasonable explanation for changing it. WIFOM? Voted me, understandable, now pressing Pufferfish. Chasing easy targets. Slight scum.

Pufferfish: Lurking, semi-active. Early posts of content, then begged off for holidays, same as in BM. Slight Town. Prodded. Possible replacement?

Superblackcat: Doesn't read the forum. Note: check epicmafia.com, how are games there played? Backed down off TDS vote when pressured by Tiruin. Never votes MyLo, by claim. WIFOM? Slight scum. Follow-up: epicmafia setup weird at first glance...

TheDarkStar: Flighty. Votes without apparent reason. Would NOT want MyLo/LyLo with this guy. Ignoring meta from Paranormal. Slight scum.

Tiruin: SK? Power role of some kind. Vague role-claim seems to indicate anyway. Seems assured of presence of certain scum roles. Very hard to read, as always, easily agitated. Press D2. Null.

ToonyMan: Posts have meat, if mostly brief. Hard to read. Not much to read from. Null.

Urist Imiknorris: Solid scum-hunting style. Substance a little thin. Must see more. Null.

zombie urist: Pressed TDS pretty hard for answer to previous question. Somewhat diverse in target selection. Very brief answers. Follow-up: remarked late that TDS question was missing from post, did NOT add question back in, dropped instead. Poor follow-up on that why? Given previous multiple demands for answer. Also, took that long to notice missing question. Moderate scum.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2014, 05:21:20 pm »

TheDarkStar: Flighty. Votes without apparent reason. Would NOT want MyLo/LyLo with this guy. Ignoring meta from Paranormal. Slight scum.

You probably think I'm scum partly because I'm voting for you. My reason was this: I voted a certain way, and then you made the same vote in the following post with the same reason (but without citing any sources) to try to get someone lynched. This struck me as suspicious bandwagonning, so I voted for you.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2014, 05:33:41 pm »

You probably think I'm scum partly because I'm voting for you.

Ah, I see. My suspicions are pure OMGUS. Thank you Doctor, I feel so much better.

My reason was this: I voted a certain way, and then you made the same vote in the following post with the same reason (but without citing any sources) to try to get someone lynched. This struck me as suspicious bandwagonning, so I voted for you.

I don't actually care what your claimed reasons are. My vote at that time had it's own justifications, and our posts happened to overlap. Yours ninja'd mine as I  was posting, but I was hardly going to back away from my reasoning because of that.

It might help if you actually read what was posted, instead of skimming. Your votes might not seem so flighty then.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 06, 2014, 01:08:20 am »

bluh

This is infuriatingly hard to reread. I might end up just ignoring most of it because so much crap to read through.

Superblackcat: Since you don't have any suspects and nobody else seems to want to answer your one question, what else are you doing to find scum?

makeinu: Your read on Tiruin seems contradictory. What makes you guess SK? If it's what I think it is (seems assured of presence of SK), what makes you guess SK over mafia?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 06, 2014, 01:36:47 am »

makeinu: Your read on Tiruin seems contradictory. What makes you guess SK? If it's what I think it is (seems assured of presence of SK), what makes you guess SK over mafia?

Actually, though I haven't noted in in my sketch notes on Tiruin, it was my early inclination that she might be an SK. My reading of her questions about that part of the setup led me down a path that ended up, I think, being a lot of WIFOM. My reasoning was that if an SK does exist in this game, the mafia team won't know that any more than we do. Therefore, strong assurance that it must exist can only logically be one of two things:

1) the SK trying to convince everyone that they don't exist by bringing it up and getting someone else to point out the likelihood, or

2) someone genuinely misreading the setup or genuinely speculating.

After further review and consideration, and some later replies, I set aside that notion, though because she is still hard for me to read, I remain suspicious there's more to her than meets the eye this game. I won't absolutely rule out SK or mafia, but I'm not looking for evidence to support a confirmation bias.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57