Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122632 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2014, 05:42:06 pm »

For the record, I'm using the standard Mafia wincon as well:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

In other words, if the Mafia will win and nothing can stop it, the game will end.
Vigilante.
Doctor.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2014, 05:45:07 pm »

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

In other words, if the Mafia will win and nothing can stop it, the game will end.
Vigilante.
Doctor.
I would imagine that the game wouldn't end if both of those were around.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 03, 2014, 06:30:28 pm »

Vigilante.
Doctor.

Hence "and nothing can stop it."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 03, 2014, 07:01:34 pm »

@Tiruin:
Toony
Here..
Cutting:
Do you think there is an sk in this game?  Because that is not a guaranteed possibility.
*sigh*
It would be hard to answer this with a Yes I do or a No I don't because I'm basing that notion on 'I'll be looking for proceeding notes'. Yes, I know it isn't guaranteed, but I can't say that I really think there is-with the underline for emphasis. I'm leaning on 'yeah let's think there is just for safety' but that does quite well nothing--which I didn't mention because it deals with nothing in its essence, if you somehow saw that kind of thinking back then, then a cookie for you because I really am sure I didn't type that out.
Okay.  Unvote Tiruin.

@Elephant Parade:
ToonyMan, you've only had one post so far, and all it contained was backing somebody else up and an unexplained assumption. Care to explain why you think Tiruin is scum (or SK) and that means ZU isn't?
When Tiruin explains their thoughts about this serial killer existence I can tell you.  I don't think ZU would attack Tiruin like this.
...You seriously are seeing it as an attack?
Ok, while my wording looks 'defensive' or whatever, I've worded it that was in assertion so I could at least get some kind of answer from him. Past experience dictates that my method of curious inquisition doesn't bring out much, so I decided to show the knife I have to increase my point--I get a 'No' for it. I did not see his subtle passive-aggressive note as a threat or an attack, however. Just attributed it to him being the usual 'oh x is like y, or x is likely a z' without doing anything about it.
I cannot say if it exists or not. I'm literally wondering now how big that effect holds onto everyone else given the questioning of 'DO YOU THINK IT EXISTS?!'
The only logical conclusion I see is people thinking 'Mm, x thinks the SK exists. Must probably be the SK'.
...Which I find confusing, really.
He's jabbing you for a scummy reaction.  I don't see it as scummy since he's always done that regardless of alignment.

@Imperial Guardsman:
Or did you mean what did I think of Tiruin's mafia play?  I think Tiruin has a pretty good mafia play until they claim they're mafia or third-party and get lynched.  Although that makes it a bit easier to win.
...Now you're referencing that LNCP game. >_>
Bleh.
...Ehh? Where in the world did I ever claim mafia before?
It's an exaggeration.  :P  I was referring to Witches' Coven yes.

@NativeForeigner:
@NativeForeigner, Caz:
Vote somebody.
Is there a particular reason you're concerned about my lack of vote on D1?
Not having a vote on somebody 24 hours before day end is bad.  Not voting on D1 is also bad.

@Makeinu:
This is likely unrelated to the game, but if I ever see you killing as a vig you better have hard evidence.

@Caz:
I do not like your attitude.  There's being afraid of dying and then there's "I don't give a crap if I'm lynched lol".  Why does UI's reason for voting you make little sense?

@Pufferfish:
Where are you?  Who do you suspect?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2014, 12:00:36 am »

superblackcat: Over the last 24 hours or so, you've posted a decent number of times. However, these posts consist of two things:
a) mechanics/setup chat
2) asking other people to tell you why they're voting Caz.

That's activelurking, and I don't like it one bit. So, who do you suspect other than TheDarkStar? Why do you suspect them? What are you doing about them? Finally, would you kindly restate your case on TDS?

Ugh, this day is a clusterfuck. I'm rereading, but I have to take it a few posts at a time to be able to actually process any of it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2014, 12:18:38 am »

a)
2)
This amuses me.  :P

Ugh, this day is a clusterfuck. I'm rereading, but I have to take it a few posts at a time to be able to actually process any of it.
So true. I've lost track of what's happening so I'll unvote. and get back later.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 04, 2014, 07:45:42 am »

I'm going to be gone for the next 30 hours out camping, I'll be back after then.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 04, 2014, 08:42:34 pm »

I'm going to be gone for the next 30 hours out camping, I'll be back after then.

Ok, good luck with that. Winter camping is fun as long as you remember to bring everything and DON'T GET WET (which I know from some experience).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 04, 2014, 10:51:31 pm »

Bloody hell. Sleep does a mind good.

ToonyMan:

@Makeinu:
This is likely unrelated to the game, but if I ever see you killing as a vig you better have hard evidence.

You bloody well will.

Persus13:

Makeinu: I really don't understand what's going on with you. Your play seems really strange

As compared to what, exactly?

A BM on a new forum that presents me with a completely new play style and play/communication restrictions, in a format I've never seen before (Sprint), where I'm still learning the ropes?

A power madness game that's only as much an open setup as this one, in that possible roles are known, but not actual ones, where I stretched my legs a bit from the aforementioned BM and expressed myself?

A second BM where I'm having to moderate my play with an eye to both learn what this forum expects of an IC and provide said guidance at the same time?

If that's your comparison pool, and I suspect that's the limit, then I'd say you don't have a baseline to compare to to make a judgement of "strange" from. Even on my home planet, my fellow mafia-ers don't know what to expect out of me from one game to the next, though, so I suppose "strange" is my meta.

Caz:

I considered using spoiler tags again, just to rile you up, but I don't want anything I'm going to say here "hidden".

I really like this here:

makeinu just had a very strange scumslip, which he will doubtlessly laugh off in his next post.

Tying in with Persus' own statement a couple of posts earlier:

Persus: You're also throwing a weak vote and just letting it sit. I'm less picky about yours because it wasn't a lynching vote, but it still requires attention. Do you think Caz deserves to die for your original reasoning or is there more to it?
Caz's reasoning for his "slip" didn't really seem that convincing to me. However, after some thought and realizing that's pretty much the only thing I had on him I'm thinking that maybe I should focus on those going after him.

this goes back to my original cry of "hypocrisy" before:

Nah, just waiting for lazy scum to jump on it. Thanks for biting. <3
Really. Then why didn't you do this in other games?

Are you really asking why we don't use the same tactics in every game? That would be so, so boring and lame. :(

Gee, why does that sound so hypocritical?

Remember that? Where I got on your case because you were calling me scum for changing the way I was playing, formatting my posts differently? Right after your own little speech about how absurd it was that people should expect you to play the same every game?

I don't need to quote that too, do I?

And here we see another incidence of that damnable hypocrisy rear it's ugly head, wherein you accuse me of being scum because of something I did/said:

Sorry, I don't believe the coincidence of you using a common mafia term while pretending you don't understand the term to try and get out of the obvious scumslip. Back to you, Makeinu.

which bears a disturbing similarity to something you said/did (emphasis mine):

Elephant Parade: Now that you replaced out of the BM instead of here, are you going to put your full attention on Limerick Mafia and help destroy the town?

Only... wait for it, because there's a difference here...

You actually just "laughed it off", Caz:

Caz:
Elephant Parade: Now that you replaced out of the BM instead of here, are you going to put your full attention on Limerick Mafia and help destroy the town?
Freudian Slip?

Nah, just waiting for lazy scum to jump on it. Thanks for biting. <3

Multiple times, but I'm not quoting them all...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 04, 2014, 11:17:21 pm »

SO.

Internet was grumpy for days. On/Off, more on the off, and rarely on the 'loading very quick'.
'Tis slower than molasses at times and I've no idea how in the world why, when the whole connection is protected, and totally visible from my sight on whether anyone's using it or not. >_>

So that's just me saying why I'm absent and reading up
Ermagod dose pages. So many. Wow.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2014, 11:57:47 pm »

@Caz:
I do not like your attitude.  There's being afraid of dying and then there's "I don't give a crap if I'm lynched lol".  Why does UI's reason for voting you make little sense?
He's picking over scraps in response to my vote on him.

which bears a disturbing similarity to something you said/did (emphasis mine):
Lol lol. Are you really trying to compare that to what you said? It's not even close. You already claimed ignorance of the term. It's too late to backtrack and say that you did it for the same reasons as me.

Carry on tunnelling, scum.

Will to post tomorrow.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 05, 2014, 12:05:25 am »

Lol lol. Are you really trying to compare that to what you said? It's not even close. You already claimed ignorance of the term. It's too late to backtrack and say that you did it for the same reasons as me.

Which is not what I said, but good misinterpretation, I like that.

Y'a'okay... Pot meet kettle.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 05, 2014, 12:06:17 am »

Which is not what I said, but good misinterpretation, I like that.

Y'a'okay... Pot meet kettle.

Btw, who are your other suspects, if you have any?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 05, 2014, 12:22:31 am »

superblackcat: Over the last 24 hours or so, you've posted a decent number of times. However, these posts consist of two things:
a) mechanics/setup chat

That's activelurking, and I don't like it one bit. So, who do you suspect other than TheDarkStar? Why do you suspect them? What are you doing about them? Finally, would you kindly restate your case on TDS?

Heh, I don't suspect anyone... at all thus far, I am quite curious as to why you guys are all voting caz... and where teh differences in reason comes between you guys...

Sadly, no one has answered..

IMO, someone voting Caz should be mafia, and I'm looking for that person..

My vote against TDS was a pressure, and I forgot about it.

Unvote

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2014, 12:40:09 am »

a) mechanics/setup chat

Heh, I don't suspect anyone... at all thus far, I am quite curious as to why you guys are all voting caz... and where teh differences in reason comes between you guys...

Sadly, no one has answered..

IMO, someone voting Caz should be mafia, and I'm looking for that person..

My vote against TDS was a pressure, and I forgot about it.

Unvote
Waitwaitwait, what the-

Alright, despite me being absent and not able to view the thread, I distinctly remember people giving out answers to the orange part there.

SBC: Why are you being lazy. Missed a bit?
Why?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57