Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122486 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2014, 02:56:33 am »

I'm voting him because he's either lying about his suspects or lying about why he didn't vote them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2014, 03:15:45 am »

(stuff about Vigs)

My opinion of Vigs is based on my experience with them. Yours is based on your experience. My experience is that they tend to trigger-happy, rush-to-judgement types more often than not.

JK9++ setup basically guarantees a Tracker, a Role Cop, and a Hider, and gives 50/50 chance of a Serial Killer and the same odds for a Vig.
While I'd say thanks for the expanded info, I'm curious on why you'd give this out as a '100% chance'
...I don't see that kinda info on the page.

I ran a bunch of simulated setups (100, to be exact). My statement above is very simplified.

1-50 = T (Townie. This actually directly influences scum powerroles.) = range (2, 11)
    51-65 = I (Investigation) = range (0, 6)
    66-75 = P (Protection) = range (0, 4)
    76-85 = H (Hiding) = range (0, 5)
    86-95 = K (Killing) = range (0, 4)
    96-100 = R (Flavour Cop)  = range (0, 1) 13%

Mafia #'s: 3% 3+SK, 15% 3 no SK, 18% 2+SK, 21% 2 no SK, 43% 2+SK.
SK: 64% chance.
Vig: 54% chance of one. 16% chance of two.
Both SK and Vig: 43% chance total, 34% one vig, 9% two.

If you'd like to see the numbers, skewed as they are by the relatively small sample size, I'll be happy to share, and you can draw your own conclusions.

Odds are, we're facing 2 Mafia and an SK, and have at least one Vig, one Vengeful, 2 Trackers (one may be one-shot), one Jailkeeper, one Doctor, one Hider, and 3 Vanilla Town.

The bad news, there likely isn't a Role Cop, statistically, and almost no chance of a Gunsmith. Trackers, the job's on you tonight. Better choose wisely.

Mylo- Push for NL.

That's dumb. That just pushes the day to LyLo, because the scum will kill again.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2014, 03:19:22 am »

Mylo- Push for NL.

That's dumb. That just pushes the day to LyLo, because the scum will kill again.
Yeah, but there's one less townie, so town have better chances to hit scum. And any power roles get an extra night.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2014, 03:31:05 am »

Mylo- Push for NL.

Yeah, but there's one less townie, so town have better chances to hit scum. And any power roles get an extra night.

True, and given the specific scenario I postulated, likely the safest course, if unlikeliest to pull off.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2014, 03:34:32 am »

Alright, read the last 5 pages...

And I don't understand... whatsoever, why people are voting Caz. I may be missing something humongous so....

Everyone who IS voting Caz... Please explain your vote with laymen terms and very clearly so I can understand... everyone!

I'm sorry? Why the hell should I do your thinking for you? Take notes, it helps.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2014, 09:03:03 am »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Persus13:
Tiruin: ToonyMan
TheDarkStar: Superblackcat, zombie urist
Superblackcat:
Pufferfish:
Imperial Guardsman: NativeForeigner
zombie urist: Tiruin
makeinu: TheDarkStar
Urist Imiknorris: Caz
ToonyMan: Pufferfish, Elephant Parade
NativeForeigner:
Caz: Persus13, makeinu, Imperial Guardsman, Urist Imiknorris

No Lynch:

Day 1 will last until Friday, 1/3 at 11 PM EST, ~14 hours from this post.

A NOTE ON EXTENSIONS:

Remember that this game uses experimental extension rules.

7. Each player has one extension they may use at any time to extend the game day by 24 hours.  To use an extension, a player must post "Playername: Extend" on its own line.  Dead players may not extend.  Shorten requests are by vote as usual, and require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end.

I'm going to be a stickler for that format for this game so that there's no confusion.  As such, I'm not counting the two previous extend requests since I'm not sure if the players who requested them really meant to use them, considering this.

I saw a couple game setup questions, so I will state that I followed the game setup rules in the JK9++ page to the letter.  If a role isn't listed there, it can't possibly be in this game.  So yes, there is no chance of a standard cop in this game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Confirming! [13/13]
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2014, 10:05:30 am »

Holy dorf, Caz, Elephant Parade.

Imperial Guardsman: Is that all there is to your vote? A poor choice of words, and a failure to explain the FoS?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2014, 10:40:05 am »

Oh, I messed that up. Im not voting myself, BTW, Thats Natives Vote. FOS on Elephant because of his slip, and Caz because hes the scummiest.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2014, 11:14:21 am »

and Caz because hes the scummiest.

braintrust here.

I'm voting him because he's either lying about his suspects or lying about why he didn't vote them.

Or door 3: Caz isn't infallible when reading :P Do you have any other suspects or are you content on tunnelling on the base of something that really isn't that important? O_o

Alright, read the last 5 pages...

And I don't understand... whatsoever, why people are voting Caz. I may be missing something humongous so....

Everyone who IS voting Caz... Please explain your vote with laymen terms and very clearly so I can understand... everyone!

I'm sorry? Why the hell should I do your thinking for you? Take notes, it helps.

Town inu is way more pleasant to play with than scum inu. Why are you so scared of vigs, btw? Don't want them to hit you and your buddies at night? Your numbers are fudged btw. They're a pure numbers game. People don't choose scum by rolling a dice, or at least I'd hope not. You're going over and over this to distract from the fact that you're doing nothing for town in detecting real scum.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2014, 11:17:04 am »

I'm going to be a stickler for that format for this game so that there's no confusion.  As such, I'm not counting the two previous extend requests since I'm not sure if the players who requested them really meant to use them, considering this.

Wait I didn't see this. -_- Omg even Toaster is trying to kill me.

Caz: Extend

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2014, 12:39:48 pm »

Superblackcat: Extend

HAHA LARGE!

Makeinu, it is NEVER.... READ NEVER.... A good idea to lynch on Mylo... EVEN WHEN YOU DO KNOW SCUM, YOU DON'T LYNCH, BECAUSE YOU DON'T ACTUALLY EVER KNOW WHO SCUM IS! (Until they are dead).

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2014, 12:40:40 pm »

Wait, let me clarify this... Given that THERE IS NO way to lose that night, so SK is dead... or Vig is gone/ promises not to shoot.  Or enough people alive for that to not happen.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 03, 2014, 12:46:27 pm »

PPE: Superblackcat, reread the Extend rules, please.

And there's no such thing as "never" in Mafia. You play each game as if it were the ONLY ONE EVER PLAYED, and you vote the facts. If that means voting the scum read at MyLo, you vote the scum read. And if you lose, too bad, scum played a better game than you did.

Or door 3: Caz isn't infallible when reading :P

Say it ain't so! :P

(lazy)

Town inu is way more pleasant to play with than scum inu.

Oh, whatever. Because I'm grumpy, I'm scum. Can't just be a bad week, no, I'm not jolly-joker Town-claimer, therefore scum.

Come on, Caz, you can do logic better than that! Stop being lazy! "I hate RVS", whatever, so does everyone else.

And, no, I shouldn't be taking notes for SBC. He can read back just like everyone else and figure out who's voting for whom and why. But, ya know what? Since it's just copy-pasta, here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damn. That might've been hard. Hope your carpal tunnel thanks me, SBC.

Why are you so scared of vigs, btw? Don't want them to hit you and your buddies at night?

That's correct. I don't want a Vig pulling what Jim did on RangerCado in Paranormal23. You remember that, right? 'Cause it was your Assassin Bot he used to kill the only goddamn Townie to die in that game with. Goddamn loose cannons. Because, ya know what? Most of the time, give someone the power to kill unilaterally, they'll use it. And they'll hit someone they shouldn't.

Your numbers are fudged btw. They're a pure numbers game. People don't choose scum by rolling a dice, or at least I'd hope not. You're going over and over this to distract from the fact that you're doing nothing for town in detecting real scum.

Someone didn't do their homework.

The moderator randomly chooses 7 numbers from 1-100, repeating permitted. Then, each number is turned into a letter.

Power roles are inserted into the setup depending on how many of each letter are generated.

T (Townie. This actually directly influences scum power roles.)

JK9++, and it's predecessor, C9++, is a randomly generated setup. So, yeah, everything, including scum, is chosen by a roll of the dice.

Reading Is FUNdamental! :P

Unvote. Caz is being lazy, but I'm not convinced scum, just scummy.

Imperial Guardsman:

The hell, dude?

Oh, I messed that up. Im not voting myself, BTW, Thats Natives Vote. FOS on Elephant because of his slip, and Caz because hes the scummiest.

???

Was this intended as as explanation of your post? The one that NF voted for you because of? Because that's not any kind of explanation, dude.

What slip did Elephant make that made you so suspicious?

Why is Caz the scummiest?

We don't need lazy, we've got Superblackcat for that right now (nothing personal, SBC).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 03, 2014, 12:48:52 pm »

Which slip, and how is Caz scummy to you?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 03, 2014, 01:01:34 pm »

- - - - - Day 1 - - - - -
 + TheDarkStar votes makeinu (bussing for cred)
o_o Explain this please.

That's correct. I don't want a Vig pulling what Jim did on RangerCado in Paranormal23. You remember that, right? 'Cause it was your Assassin Bot he used to kill the only goddamn Townie to die in that game with. Goddamn loose cannons. Because, ya know what? Most of the time, give someone the power to kill unilaterally, they'll use it. And they'll hit someone they shouldn't.

Eh, I still think that was a good move on Jim's part. It proved me as my claimed role, while removing a suspect. We were hardly in a dangerous position in that game at that point.

Someone didn't do their homework.

The moderator randomly chooses 7 numbers from 1-100, repeating permitted. Then, each number is turned into a letter.

Power roles are inserted into the setup depending on how many of each letter are generated.

T (Townie. This actually directly influences scum power roles.)

JK9++, and it's predecessor, C9++, is a randomly generated setup. So, yeah, everything, including scum, is chosen by a roll of the dice.

Reading Is FUNdamental! :P
This reply has nothing to do with what I said... I meant that the numbers aren't as important because we're not RNGs. We is people. Probably.

I'm not convinced scum, just scummy.
Why do people say that every game ._.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57