Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Roll to go to wizard school  (Read 24008 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to go to wizard school
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2014, 08:52:00 pm »

((Abjurate ~ levitate im assuming))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2014, 09:12:10 pm »

((Abjuration is basically shielding and other defensive magic.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2014, 09:14:29 pm »

Would Abjuration or Conjuration cause more property damage? I'm trying to ascertain the minutia of their natures before picking one.
It's slightly hard to beat Abjuration's "levitate mansion" + "propel mansion" for potential property damage. Conjuration would be slightly better at lighting it on fire.
:o
Dropping runes for abjuration.

((Abjuration is basically shielding and other defensive magic.))
((I beg to differ))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2014, 09:15:23 pm »

((It's been a while. Everywhere else, abjuration is basically defensive magic.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:14 pm »

attempt to abjurates someones wallet out of their pocket and knock it under a bin or bench as they are passing me on the other side of the street.

If noone notices it falling out go and collect it without drawing attention to myself.

You are, roughly, at the level of an 11-year-old with 3-4 months of experience in basic classes. Not someone capable of smoothly removing an unseen wallet without attracting attention, even discounting the wand waving and word saying.

((It's been a while. Everywhere else, abjuration is basically defensive magic.))
((If you can make a non-stationary magical shield, you can levitate. 'Telekinesis' is just a matter of practicing control. If I don't include it from the outset, someone will just shift towards it eventually.))

Edit:
Attempt to locate higher-quality enchanting kit.
The way I see it is that the runes work best if they're purpose-carved onto the object, manually and without magic (or, really, someone would have industrialized it centuries ago). Pre-made runes can be used, but will never really make "high tier" stuff, and you'd still need to know the spell you're enchanting onto it.
Of course, if you're looking for a kit with runes that allow simple conditionals and logic, that works.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:05:54 pm by Nirur Torir »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2014, 10:07:03 pm »

((So what kind of stuff can i do? Knock stuff off of shelves and guide its roll/bunny hop it towards myself?

I wanna try "making" some money so i can buy more stuff.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2014, 10:20:59 pm »

((So, runes are basically the only way to make magical items or anything like that?))
Sig

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2014, 11:56:46 pm »

Awesome hats having not panned out, buy books on Wandless Magic and 2nd level Conjuration, then end shopping.
Edit: If I can afford to, also buy a nonmagical wizard hat for fashion reasons, the rat that looked at me funny and todays paper.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:55:16 pm by Hatman »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2014, 01:33:52 am »

Go into shop that has knives. While no one is looking use a knife to cut off part of the hat. If caught, spin story of a poor kid framed for stealing by bigoted classmates, who has the little money he has left taken.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2014, 03:41:09 am »

Basic wand(Illusions)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2014, 05:45:37 am »

Heywood had a niggling voice in his head telling him something. He apparently needed a focus, though what for exactly, he didn't know. It's good that he remembered, though, he supposes.

Go to Wandless Will's and get a ballpoint pen focus (+1 Arcane Theory, +1 Runes).

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2014, 10:20:39 am »

((So what kind of stuff can i do? Knock stuff off of shelves and guide its roll/bunny hop it towards myself?

I wanna try "making" some money so i can buy more stuff.))
((You can do basic exercises with creating spots of semi-solid air that resist intrusion, maybe outright block something on a good roll. You can't move the 'shields' yet.
Assume that shelved merchandise has anti-magic barriers.))

((So, runes are basically the only way to make magical items or anything like that?))
((Yes.))

Heywood had a niggling voice in his head telling him something. He apparently needed a focus, though what for exactly, he didn't know. It's good that he remembered, though, he supposes.

Go to Wandless Will's and get a ballpoint pen focus (+1 Arcane Theory, +1 Runes).
I'll let you get away with a non-wand focus of runes, but it without a good roll on purchase it will have some downside for traditional casting. No to arcane theory on a focus.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2014, 01:21:55 pm »

I'll let you get away with a non-wand focus of runes, but it without a good roll on purchase it will have some downside for traditional casting. No to arcane theory on a focus.

((How about a potion focus? A pen you can stir liquids with, for instance.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2014, 03:53:07 pm »

Hm. I have no idea what to get Angel.

Look around for more stores...maybe some kind of magical pet store or something? Something to help her with rune-making--an enchanted chisel or something?
Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2014, 03:56:23 pm »

((Nirur, what does this hat thing I'm wearing look like?))
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17