Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to go to wizard school  (Read 24037 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to go to wizard school
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2013, 01:17:35 pm »

Angel crosses her arms and continues to glare.
"That's really not nice, you know. First you call me empty, then you just tell me not to help without explaining, and now that?"
"You're the newbie. Of course I get to mess with your head. That's just logic."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2013, 02:49:54 pm »

"You're just as new as me."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2013, 04:12:21 pm »

I really don't get this role playing thing.

It looks so awkward and embarassing. Brr. Anyways, just posting here that this probably isn't the RTD for me, so I'll be dropping out. Sorry about that! Have fun.
Sorry to see you go.

Anyone want to replace in with his character? I'd rather not give a complete re-do, but I think I'll allow moving one skill or trait, and a complete stat respec. You may also change the name and add a backstory and/or description.
Spoiler: The character (click to show/hide)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2013, 05:52:51 pm »

A poor pureblood...  Impoverished but with a family line tracing back centuries. A very good concept albeit one I have no intent of picking up on. The degree of role-playing which I can currently care for begins and ends with "SHIV THE WALLS!".
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2013, 07:31:51 pm »

IronyOwl and draco1234 expressed interest in joining should a hole open before I did, so if either of them want the character I will hand it over, but if not As neither IronyOwl nor draco1234 have expressed interest in the character in the several days since it became available, I will take the character and make the following alterations:
Spoiler: Alterations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:53:24 pm by Hatman »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »

"Halfer actualy. Not nearly as new as you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2013, 07:38:23 pm »

"Then let's see you do magic."
She seems to be more interested in a demonstration than proving Derry wrong.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2013, 07:58:36 pm »

"Then let's see you do magic."
She seems to be more interested in a demonstration than proving Derry wrong.
"If you want a display, talk to Bull. He's got more magic to burn, at least according to that guy we had to go see. He was annoying."

((Running off the idea that parents who knew about magic would get their child evaulated for how strong they were.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2013, 10:21:46 pm »

"You're not worming out of...You said I was newer than you, not Bill."

((Also, Angel doesn't know who Bull is. And I'm pretty sure he isn't online.))
Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2013, 01:00:39 am »

((I know.))
"Why should I show you? You'll see it all soon enough. Just one or two more days of utter, mundane boredom..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2013, 01:05:33 am »

"Right. You liar." Angel sighs.
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2013, 07:26:41 pm »

((Bump.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 25, 2013, 10:16:29 pm »

((Sorry, I planned to update yesterday, but it ended up not happening. Hopefully tomorrow.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 25, 2013, 10:18:12 pm »

((Oh no worries. I was just wondering if you were still interested in this, because I was fully engaged in this RTD. Carry on, and Merry Christmas :D !))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 26, 2013, 06:54:04 pm »

((It's a wizard mall! There's all sorts of stuff! Potions, pets, enchanted objects of all description, and more! You don't have to only buy books and wands.))

{10} - Bull buys a club focus. It will be nearly impossible to use subtly, and a weaker wizard would have issues casting with it, let alone lugging it around, but can be deadly in melee. He then walks to the bookstore and buys a few books on dueling: Arl Ington's 'Magic Manifestation for Malodorous Malcontents', Caitlin Albert's 'Practical Evocation', and Vilecrush the Pragmatic's 'Secrets of the Dueling Ring'.
-3 wealth

{4} - Joey buys a large stack of magical books, then an expensive pair of abjurial gloves.
-10 wealth

{2} - Grundulf Byrdin buys several books for abjuration and arcane theory, then gets a cedar and silver wand.
-2 wealth

{9} - Reyna begins looking around the mall for children. Within a minute, she spots a boy who looks to her her age coming out of a bookstore. ((It's Joey.))

{6} - The shopkeeper shows Tyson a few pairs of gloves, and asks if he is interested in any areas of magic in particular.

{7} - Angel's parents buy her a large selection of books. When discussing getting her both a wand and a ring, the teacher speaks up. "While I have little doubt that your daughter is fully capable of learning how to use two different foci, I strongly advise against it before she leaves school. Learning how to use two types of focus at once requires learning how to do everything twice over. She would be better off focusing her talents."
-5 wealth

{4} - Clair looks through the store for a few minutes. She could get a basic painter's kit for half her money, or an expanded kit specially made for diviners for all of her spending money. The clerk helpfully informs her that, for the latter, the artists tend to recieve flashes of inspiration while using it, guiding them to paint their chosen subject more accurately. It will be more useful if she plans to take divination classes. ((Bonus for being the shop for something other than wands or books: You do indeed have at least some talent for divination.))

Spoiler: Shop Details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joey(Aattss) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyson(Cheesecake) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oscar Farrier(Hatman) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clair Keter(Scapheap) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bull Trollwit(Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

August 3rd shopping group:
Joey
Grundulf Byrdin
Marcus Crassius Alexander Caesar
Reyna Hirso
Clair Keter

August 4th shopping group:
Angel Beatrice Carlson
Tyson
Heywood D. Monroe
Bull Trollwit
Derry O'Driscoll