Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Evolved: Natural Selection  (Read 3187 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Evolved: Natural Selection
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:02:43 am »

Evolved: Natural Selection

Another sequel of my Evolved games. The first two were cut short, unfortunately, but starting next week I've got a two-week holiday! Do then I'll probably be able to post more often. This takes place 6 months after the previous one, and the invasion has taken control of most of Galapagos city. Also, thanks to all of those in the previous games! You've helped me a lot in GM'ing and writing in general. Hopefully most of the descrepancies and plotholes in the previous two will be amended in this one.

The second game.

Background:
Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

Evolved Strains:
Spoiler: Evolved Strains (click to show/hide)

Tribes:
Spoiler: Tribes (click to show/hide)

Character Sheets:
Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

I'll start with 5: 4 Deltas and 1 Sergeant. Hopefully the writing will be better this time. Also, I've retconned a few things and took away the previous combat system entirely. I'll think one up as the game progresses, but feel free to suggest a system as we wait for it to start. Honestly, the stats didn't really matter that much in the previous games. It was just a matter of rolling against each other.

Game will start tomorrow, and it's not first-come first-served. This game will be more towards RP and story than systematized combat, but if you have any suggestions or strategies that make sense and are explained, then you can use them.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: Natural Selection
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:03:05 am »

Characters:

Spoiler: Kermit J. Hudson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Erin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Angel Hart (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wyren Tenner (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jake Robert (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:

darkpaladin109

draco1234

------

------

------
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:08:41 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 09:01:35 am »

Name: Kermit J. Hudson

Tribe: Lephon Savan
Enhancement: due to several skeletal and muscular adaptations, Kermit can, with effort, lift and move loads many times (up to about five to eight or so) his own weight without any harm to himself. He also looks less like a human being and more like a bunch of barrels tied together, but this is hardly something that bothers one in this day and age.
Appearance: Kermit looks fairly short and harmless, although each of his limbs as well as his torso and head seem to be twice as thick as they rightly should be. He looks slightly inflated, to be honest. His standard expression is one of general acceptance and peace.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:02:20 am by Harry Baldman »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 09:20:00 am »

Oh, also, I'll add sketches of your characters and some of the important stuff, so describe your character as you want them to be drawn. They'll be hand drawn, though. I don't have a tablet.
Dying of laughter?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 11:01:14 am »

Spoiler: Angel Hart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:55:21 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 12:36:12 pm »

Name: Fenrik Kale

Tribe: Laer Burg
Enhancement: Acidic spit.  Fenrik has the ability to spit a corrosive substance using special glands in his throat, up to a distance of about 15 meters.  This acid is highly corrosive, and can dissolve through flesh, bone, and even metal with ease. 

Appearance:  Physically, Fenrik appears very similar to a normal man of the same age, at least until he opens his mouth.  He has a slight wiry build, green eyes, and a mop of curly dark brown hair.  His mouth however shows his non-human nature.  Instead of normal human teeth, he instead has a large number of short, needle-like teeth protruding from his gums.  His tongue is also very different, being longer and thinner than a normal human tongue.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 04:59:28 pm »

Name: Drake Lord

Tribe: Lephon Savan
Enhancement: Paralizing roar. Drake can bellow a loud, terryfing roar that stuns enemies momentarily. Every time he uses this ability he becomes tired and can't use it again for a few hours. If he does, he becomes weaker and weaker until he stops using it for long enough to recover.
Appearence: Drake looks relatively normal for a human his age. He is of average size, with short, straight brown hair and eyes. Closely inspecting him reveals that he has small, mostly harmless claws on his hands, alongside a short rabbit like tail.

Is the charachter okay? Should I change anything about him?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 11:41:01 pm »

[snip]

Is the charachter okay? Should I change anything about him?

He's fine. Just need one more for sergeant. If there's no one, I'll make him an NPC.
Dying of laughter?

Bigbadmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 12:59:18 am »

Name: Jake "Steel Will" Robert

Legion: He was promoted to sergeant after he heroically lead hundreds of Aegyptians too safety during the opening days of the Thrall attack.

Appearance: He is a tall well built man of Asian decent. He has short, unkempt black hair, and a five a clock shadow beard. Their is a scar across his neck. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:18:10 am by Bigbadmonkey »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 01:51:25 am »

Spoiler: Bio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
Remember me?
In with the same character!
I'm fine with my old items and such being dropped by the way, it's kinda necessary for moving an old character into a new game, though I'd like to hang on to that cell key for sentimental reasons.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 02:00:58 am »

Name: Wyren Tenner
Appearance: Tall and skinny, with silver-white hair and pale skin and lips. He has a bemused look on his face most of the time, and his eyes are a very soft and light blue-white. he wears a faded blue hoodie and brown cargo pants. His face is somewhat angular, but he has a soft look normally.

Tribe: Laer Berg
Enhancement: Skeletal reformation. Due to natural reinforcement from the mountainous altitude and genetic traits, Wyren is able to run and jump incredibly fast and smooth, as his body was built for. His bones are a bit weaker but they allow him to have lightning reflexes and great mobility.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 02:29:01 am »

Initial Players: The bracketed numbers are the rolls.

Harry Baldman (6, 5) [IN]

Lenglon (5,5) [IN]

GreatWyrmGold (4,4) [IN]

DarkArtemisFowl (4,3) [IN]

darkpaladin109 (3,2) [Waitlist]

draco1234 (2,3) [Waitlist]

BigBadMonkey is in because he's the only Sergeant.

Writing up the turn now. (Also, hey Lenglon! Some of the bonuses have changed, and the stats won't be used anymore. Don't worry, though, you don't have to change anything.)
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 03:01:00 am »

Chapter I: Survival of the Fittest

Jake takes a deep breath as he enters the tribal tent to meet the new Deltas. He'd heard of how much more powerful they were than the normal Epsilon, and he knows that an Epsilon shouldn't be underestimated. He steps in, his footsteps muffled by the animal furs on the ground, and sees his Commander, along with the Chieftain seated on the floor around a small fire. Also around the fire are four Deltas. Seated next to the Commander is a tall Delta, with sliver-white hair and a skinny build. Next to him is a short Delta, with multicolored hair and claw-looking hands, but other than that she resembles a human. Next to the Chieftain is a large Delta, with muscular arms and body. The last one is a woman, with her wings tucked behind her back.

You recognize her. Rumor has it she and her group were the first Evolved to face the Thralls, and they protected a village not far away for hours under the attack of a Behemoth until Acquisitor reinforcements arrived. The rest of her group has spread apart, warning villages and protecting them when they can. This village, designated Clawspear, is located near the wall, and has the most Acquisitors stationed. It is where the command team plan and as such is heavily fortified. The commander stands and welcomes you.

"Welcome, Sergeant," he salutes, making a fist mad pumping downwards. "This is the new Delta Squad you will train. It shan't be a problem for you, considering your previous accomplishments."

The Chieftain stands as well. "Greetings. I am honored by your arrival. My tribe asks for you to train our Deltas to fight back the Thrall menace."

The Chieftain, being one of the few rare Betas, is clearly very powerful. He has the face and mane of a lion, and now as he is standing next to the Commander he towers a full two heads over him. He is dressed minimally, only with shoulder-guards and loincloths. The Commanderis equally intimidating. He bears multiple scars on his right eye and his lips, and is clad in full Aegyptian platesuit. He has various bionic implants, such as an optic implant in his scarred eye and a cerebral enhancer at the back of his head.

"Your first mission shall be simple: clear out a small bandit camp outside the village. They are part of a larger band who loot the villages after the Thralls are through eating them. They are hidden under the buildings, and are known to be well-armed enough to hold off the Thralls. Don't worry, scouts say that this is merely a recon group."

"End the lives of these buzzards. They shall not feed upon our carrion today." The Chieftain's face grimaces. "You may prepare yourselves in town. Here, take this pouch. It is filled with the fingers of the dead. Use it to further yourselves."

The Commander hands you the directions to where the bandits were spotted. "Bring back their leader's head. Sources say he's a rogue Gamma, so he'll be easy to spot. Good luck, sergeant."

The Chieftain bids the Delta to rise. "My brothers and sisters, I bid you good luck. Rend these lesser beings with tooth and claw."

You can now prepare in town, talk, or do something else!

Spoiler: Currency (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 04:15:18 am »

Erin closely watches the Sergent in silence.

I need to learn as fast as I can how he handles his newfound power. If he is enchanted with the feeling of having power over others, or if he rejects it. Watching to see if he can balance these feelings, properly lead, and earn my backing, or if I will have to act to take away his power over me, either because he uses it too much, or because he refuses to use it when he should.

In any case, for now I'll wait. I'll give him the opening move, and see how he handles it. Is he intimidated by silence or does he prefer it?

I wonder what his name is.

((edit: struck out the action to save the GM time.))
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:52:00 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 04:31:50 am »

Kermit supposes it's up to him to break the ice here.

"So... how many fingers we got?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4