Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Evolved: Natural Selection  (Read 3183 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: Natural Selection
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 05:08:02 am »

(DAMMIT. WAITLIST ME.)

Bigbadmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 06:49:26 am »

Stand up and give a speech.

I am Jake Robert, you sergeant. I was giving this rank by my commanding officers. After they found out I was the only one in my squad who did not run home too mommy when the body's started
falling. But I will tell you what I told the desk jockeys who gave me this job. Out there, in the heat of battle. When men are screaming all around you and your body is covered in blood that you
have no idea who it belongs to. When you are begging for death almost as hard as you are wishing for life. Rank don't mean shit. All that maters is who is willing to fight and die like a warrior.
( I take out a cigarette, ligh it and take a puff. ) This is squad will not have room for cowards If you want to fight along side me you need to be willing to look death right in the eye
 and tell him to kiss your fucking ass. If you cant do that, tell me so I can kill you before you get in my way. For the rest of you, welcome.

I smile then grab the bag of fingers and head too the shop.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:51:32 am by Bigbadmonkey »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 07:18:50 am »

"Sounds reasonable."

To the town! Time to get ourselves some gear!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 07:51:24 am »

He claimed that his rank, the origin of his power, has no meaning.
He turned his back upon us directly after threatening us with death.
He decided what to do without discussion.

This is... unusual.
He has shown no fear, no sense of caution, no sense of self-preservation.
He is behaving as though he has a hidden trick, a source of power of which we do not know.
and whatever it is, it's strong enough he's willing to trust in it to protect him against us.
Could it be a bluff? quite possibly, I've done such before myself.
This one bears watching, he might be worthy of power.

Do I reveal my hand now? Tell him what I've noticed from his behavior?
No, I gain nothing from such an act. He has no need to know.
so... wait and watch?
wait and watch.

Follow Sgt. Robert
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 12:43:39 pm »

Angel considers asking where the fingers came from, but decides against it. There would probably be plenty of dead mutants at the bandit camp by the time they were done. Better those than some old fingers.

At the sergeant's speech, Angel trembled. The few powers she had started to accumulate had vanished once she tried harder to look human. She stilled herself. Shouldn't be hard; lay low and take a support role until a few good powers built up. Hopefully, by then, they had a better commander. That speech virtually invalidated any reason for listening to him...Angel wondered what powers he would have.

"Heading to town sounds good. I'm not much good in combat right now. Look at me. Gr!" Angel shows her claws to the sergeant. "Scary? Nope. Let's see what we can find."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 02:01:53 am »

((note: pay attention to the second post, our inventories and bios, including how many fingers were in that pouch (30), are on there.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 05:17:13 am »

Chapter I: Survival of the Fittest

The Delta squad heads out of the tent and into the open area of the village. The scent of dinner roasting in the community fire wafts through the air. The sun is nearly setting; it's gonna be around 3-4 hours till dusk. Jake steps in front of the squad and prepares himself to make the speech.

"I am Jake Robert, you sergeant. I was given this rank by my commanding officers. After they found out I was the only one in my squad who did not run home to mommy when the body's started falling. But I will tell you what I told the desk jockeys who gave me this job. Out there, in the heat of battle. When men are screaming all around you and your body is covered in blood that you have no idea who it belongs to. When you are begging for death almost as hard as you are wishing for life. Rank don't mean shit. All that maters is who is willing to fight and die like a warrior."

He takes out a cigarette and smokes.

"This is squad will not have room for cowards. If you want to fight along side me you need to be willing to look death right in the eye and tell him to kiss your fucking ass. If you cant do that, tell me so I can kill you before you get in my way. For the rest of you, welcome."

"Sounds reasonable,"
says Kermit.

"Heading to town sounds good. I'm not much good in combat right now. Look at me. Gr!" Angel shows her claws to the sergeant. "Scary? Nope. Let's see what we can find."

He smiles then pulls out his bag of fingers. He places the pouch on his belt, tying it with a piece of string. The Delta squad then head out for the shop. They walk along the marketplaces, filled with stalls manned by Epsilon and Aegyptian merchants, selling a myriad of goods. Some selling exotic Aegyptian foods, others with furs and silks. You look for a shop to buy some gear to prepare yourselves.

There is a stall selling axes, daggers, and knives. The Epsilon inside, an aged man with graying hair and numerous scars, shouts out, offering to sharpen blades for 2 fingers. Another stall sells various pieces of armor, some fur, others scrap metal, and some scavenged pieces of technobarbarian armor. You see a shifty man, concealed in a hooded cloak, hiding out next to one of the tents. You can see him talking to an Epsilon, handing him a subshooter (a pistol). He must be from the Black Market.

You have 40 fingers in the pouch for you all to share. The mission doesn't have to be completed tonight, but who knows when the full bandit force will arrive?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 05:23:33 am »

Look for a stall selling ranged weapons and ask for listings of their prices

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 08:11:24 am »

Inspect fine daggers. How much do they cost and what's the quality like? Also, see if there are large plates of scrap metal available. Thicker and larger are better. Would be great if there's an old refrigerator around or something.

Bigbadmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 05:01:51 pm »

" The gear they sell here is mostly crap, but it will do."

I give 8 bones to everyone in the squad and I keep 8 for my self. I then see if the black market guy has anything good.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 05:08:18 pm »

"Thanks!"

Angel starts by looking for armor of some kind. All the weaponry in the world wouldn't help if she got killed. Leather or something, ideally--not clanking metal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 05:19:45 am »

Chapter I: Survival of the Fittest

The sergeant pulls out the pouch and hands 8 fingers to everyone, saving 8 for himself. The squad splits up, each searching the different stalls for useful gear.

Erin heads towards a stall which prominently displays racks of crossbows. She asks the shopkeeper for any good ranged weapons and asks for the prices.

"I've got throwing axes, throwing daggers, even bloody throwing maces! 2 fingers each. Technically you can throw anything, but for some reason they work better if they have 'throwing' in their name," the shopkeeper jokes. She bends down and picks up a crate. She dusts it off and opens it. "I've got a special crossbow. Actual wood, reinforced with scrap. Shoots 50 yards, it does. I'll give ya 30 bolts free with it! 7 fingers. So, how about it?"

Meanwhile, Kermit looks for some daggers. He finds a store selling some traditional hunting daggers. Large, curved blades with a sharp point lie in racks on the stall table, while dangling somewhat precariously overhead are straight, sharpened daggers. They seem more well maintained then the ones on the racks.

"Hey, how much for a good dagger?" Kermit asks the one-eyed Epsilon, who stops sharpening a knife with a rock and faces you.

"4 for the ones dangling up, 3 for the ones on the racks," he says, irritably, then immediately continues sharpening. Jerk.

On the bright side, there are some pieces of scrap, but they are about the size of a shoe and look terribly rusted. Some stalls are selling larger pieces and they look fine, but seeing the price tags they are 7 fingers. Angel looks around for armor, looking around the shops but finds that the armor is too large and bulky for her. One shopkeeper calls her over, seemingly aware of her predicament.

"Hey, deary, tanned hides to big fer ya? Don'tcha worry, deary, old Elga can make you something special!" The old woman takes a piece of armor from one of the shelves and takes a knife and after measuring your size starts cutting and gluing. After a few minutes she puts a small leather vest in front of you.

"Here, deary, like it? Put old Elga's love inta it. It'll fit ya fine, but I don't know why such a little girl like you would be getting armor. Doesn't matter, eh?" Elga laughs. "Anyhoo, it's made of tough leather, and the chest is reinforced with scraps of metal and the rest is stuffed with Elga's Patented Fluff. Keeps ya warm and stops the metal from making sounds. I'll give it to ya for 8 fingers!"

The sergeant heads towards the shady character in the corner. Just as he approaches, he feels arms grabbing him and he is pulled to the side. His mouth is muffed by one of the hands of a four armed man. Several others in black rags have their knives at the ready. The shady character walks towards you, lifting the hood from his face, revealing scarred flesh melded together with scraps and cyber implants. He has a red, glowing, bionic eye, and his mouth is covered by a respirator. A technobarbarian you think. No, worse, a Rogue Techno.

The rogue techno stares you straight in the eyes. "What do you want? Who's with you?"

"Nothing, just wanna buy something," you say, as convincingly as you can.

"Hm? Oh, is that so? And an Aegyptian sergeant just wants to buy something from a guy wearing a black hood in the middle of the day?"

"Yeah. Problem?"

The rogue's bionic eye whirs and scans you. "Fine. What do you want? I've got nearly everything for sale, and everything else that isn't. Just say what you want and I'll see if I have it. Just make sure you can pay."

Wyren just stands around, looking at the other stalls.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 09:16:49 am »

"Ooh! Thanks, Elga!"
Buy the armor, thanking Elga.

Of course, this means I don't have a weapon. I'll have to deal with using my claws and maybe throwing some rocks until I can steal some good weapons or powers...
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2013, 09:37:28 am »

Purchase one dagger for four fingers and one for three fingers. Then go and look for some kind of snack stand.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 09:58:43 am »

"Looks like a quality piece of work. could you toss in a quiver or bolt box for an extra finger? I need a way to hold my ammo midflight."
Purchase the crossbow if I can get a way to hold the ammo.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4