Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22531 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 12:00:52 pm »

Though I won't be able to join this round, I'll definitely be watching with interest. ^_^

not only that, you are needed as a judge too - as you made the map, you have the final word on the legality of choices
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 02:45:15 pm »

After some consideration, I call normal type for the gym. Most players will benefit from the wide array that can be earned as TMs from that
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 03:00:44 pm »

I know! Call it the Normal Gym, but have it decorated in such a chaotic, gaudy fashion that it is entirely abnormal!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 03:12:27 pm »

No, that would be the GWGym

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 03:18:47 pm »

...Are you referring to yours or mine?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 03:46:55 pm »

to the abnormal one :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 10:05:01 pm »

Can people be both elite four and gym leaders? If they can, my elite four spot will be ice. In whatever case, I will have an ice type team, leader, e4, whatever.

So yah.

Name: Destrinn Castur
Caught Pokemon: Shuppet
Items: 9x Pokeballs, Life Orb
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 10:05:33 pm »

...Can there be a Dragon Elite Four member?
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 05:32:04 am »

Can people be both elite four and gym leaders? If they can, my elite four spot will be ice. In whatever case, I will have an ice type team, leader, e4, whatever.

So yah.

Name: Destrinn Castur
Caught Pokemon: Shuppet
Items: 9x Pokeballs, Life Orb

elite 4 members are based on final score

elite 4 types are only avaiable from types that are not gyms

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 05:39:05 am »

This looks like it is going to be fun

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 10:52:12 am »

I debated long and hard, spent most of yesterday making lists on top of lists, built two full sets of theme teams on top of two other non-theme ones, went through 9(!) possible starters, and ended basically where I started. I know I want a Togekiss.

Name: Robin Esterwald
Caught Pokemon: Togepi
Items: 9x Pokeballs, Leftovers
Routes Travelled: None

Picking a gym type is interesting... I think I'll go flying, though.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 11:41:04 am »

alright, only one more to go

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 02:41:12 am »

Bump.

I guess if no 8th players if found within 24 hours, we will just start with 7 players. In that case the final gym spot will be given to the player in the exact middle of the score by the time the 8th gym rolls around

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2013, 04:48:28 pm »

Oh, by the way, I'll take the electric type gym. Plenty of TMs, useful too.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 05:36:20 pm »

Oh, by the way, I'll take the electric type gym. Plenty of TMs, useful too.
About that...
Electric.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31