Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22558 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2013, 01:32:42 pm »

I wonder how many of us would have to quit our various types of schooling if Akroma had hir way.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2013, 01:40:21 pm »

naaaah, they would just be on temporary hold for the while of the tournament....of couuurse
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2013, 01:50:18 pm »

Alright, let's see where this goes...

Also, I can't find any of those neat animated Pokemon sprites, with Google being incredibly useless.

Angel set out, glum from her near-perfect record of losses. She tromped through the woods, the Sanct Forest, looking for Pokemon. Anura defeated several of them, despite close calls with some Grass-types. Eventually, she found a nice place to rest and eat lunch.

Soon, she started to hear singing. She looked around. What could it be?
"Anura, I choose you."
The Froakie came out, looked around. Angel could see shadows moving, dancing.
"Fairies?"
It was...tense. Then, one figure stepped out. Green and gray, with a bit of red. A Kirlia.
"Anura, Lick!"
Angel held a quick battle with the fairy, swiftly capturing her. Angel let her out, sharing the rest of her lunch with her new Pokemon.
She glanced at Anura and realized something. He was bigger, standing more on two legs than four. His head was darker and narrower, his eyes smaller, his hands bigger.
"Anura! You evolved!"

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)

P.S. I can't believe that I can't find any attractive TMs.

Ninja.

*gun clicking noises*

That was not a suggestion
*cannon-sized clicking noises*
*intake of breath*
Don't you dare.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:25:27 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2013, 02:02:30 pm »

Alright, let's see where this goes...

Also, I can't find any of those neat animated Pokemon sprites, with Google being incredibly useless.

P.S. I can't believe that I can't find any attractive TMs.

use one of the links that were provided by my and Bluerobin

also, if I may make a suggestion: Kirlia is rather frail in physical defense, so is Frogadier. Maybe use the TM 61 Will-o-Wisp. Set enemies on fire, cutting their physical attack in half. It's a rather good move overall, and will stay useful over the entire tournament. Or go for Toxic, that is always good to have, and many pokemon can learn it

That is, if you can get the bonus item. Who knows what kinda challenge Kansa will put us through...

do I take your post correct, Kirlia also gets leftovers?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:07:05 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2013, 02:24:18 pm »

Currently. Although I'm thinking of instead getting Will...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2013, 02:48:33 pm »

A young girl wearing a outfit she borrowed(stole) from her mother kick stones along the forest path. The outfit was from her mother younger years when she was in a gang, what was their name again, team roll? racket? Oh well, the outfit look nice on her and that why she wanted it.

Her foot kicked a pink rock that bounced off Mr Tick(Magnemite). "Sorry, Tick." She said catching the rock "What this? Some sort of diamond?" A growl sounded behind her.

A little Houndour(Smaller then normal(2 foot is normal)) stood behind her. Said pokemon then got cuddled "Ain't you just the cutest thing." She noticed it's glaze "You want the gem?" A nod "How about you join my team?" a puzzled look "You want the gem? Join my team, we have fun. Ask Mr Tick." Mr Tick just gave a 'and how do I reply without a mouth' look.
---
Name:Clair Unity(scapheap)
Caught Pokemons:Magnemite, Houndour
Inventory:9xpokeballs, lagging tail, life orb
Routes traveled:Sankt Forest
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2013, 02:56:15 pm »

I am not sure a sanctuary forest is a proper habitat for a firebreathing hellhound. I'm saying no, unless you can get Culise to overwrite my judgement. A search indicates the Safari Zone, and rougher terrain, which would indicate highlands.

Please reconsider your choice, or contact Culise
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:58:31 pm by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2013, 03:02:24 pm »

I'd be inclined to argue for it, just because about half of its appearances are in safari zones and mountain/volcanoes, but the other half are in random grassy paths in similar places as rattata, meowth, spearow, and pidgey. The Coast might be a better choice I guess, but it's your decision.

Edit: Also, the "sanctuary" part of the forest wasn't really part of the description. Just that it has a lot of bugs.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:04:25 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2013, 03:05:10 pm »

All but one of the routes Houndour appears on seem to be fairly forested and the one route that lack the tree is right next to the jungle(?)

I'll look for a different mon, but Houndour do seem to be common near forests
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2013, 03:07:39 pm »

I am fine with leaving it community vote. If the majority of people think that a fire breathing hellhound fits better in a sanctuary forest than any of the highland regions, mount-vernier (which is a volcano), the avesta bridge (said to hold many dark type pokemon) or the team mal-labs (which would also hold various kind of pokemon that an evil team would use for guard duty), fine.

If not, then I must insist however that Scapheap stays patient until a route more befitting of Houndour. There are 7 absolutely fitting locations for him to catch one, all of which are much less questionable than a deep magical forest. We all have to be patient to catch our favourites later in the game, waiting for the actually fitting route afterall.

--------

I also point out that the in-game routes are usualy full of trees, unless it's especialy specified that the area is very non-treeish. Also that Houndour is specificaly listed as rough-terrain: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_habitat
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:12:02 pm by Akroma »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2013, 03:12:07 pm »

mount-vernier (which is a volcano)
I will argue against Houndour or Houndoom appearing near volcanos since no game(main or spin off) has them near them. The rest are fine.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2013, 03:13:53 pm »

Then why not catch Houndour in one of these routes? Excuse me if I seem overly strict, by the point of the tournament is planning ahead, and making due with what is in front of you. Just leaving such a loose choice entirely unargued would set a bad presedent
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:15:30 pm by Akroma »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2013, 03:15:58 pm »

Then why not catch Houndour in one of these routes?
I will, just looking for a different mon that I can catch here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2013, 03:16:25 pm »

How many games even have volcanoes?

Rocky areas sound best for Houndour, especially the volcanic ones (fire-breathing mountains for fire-breathing hellhounds). Forests and such...well, let's just say that when pyrespiratory organisms enter such regions, one or the other tends to be reduced in number greatly before long.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2013, 03:23:55 pm »

Rocky areas sound best for Houndour, especially the volcanic ones (fire-breathing mountains for fire-breathing hellhounds). Forests and such...well, let's just say that when pyrespiratory organisms enter such regions, one or the other tends to be reduced in number greatly before long.
Tell that to pokemon games/manga/anime/cardgame that put Houndour in forested places.

Would we have to wait till Mal. Labs for Fossil pokemons. For knowledge sake since I already crossed them out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31