Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22553 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2013, 04:56:29 pm »

((First: Bluerobin's battle was epic. By which I mean long.))

(what else are pokeballs if not vile magic?)
((...Well, I think we can safely call your character the Pot.))

The battle was brutal
((That sends me to the battle. Replay link.))

The price that was claimed was an ancient toxin. A poison so potent, it had been hidden away for decades - now in Akroma's hands. TM6: Toxic
((Wait, how do the gym prizes work again?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2013, 04:59:48 pm »

You get the bug badge, which allows the use of all bug TMs, and you can claim one bonus item. any item. since you took will-o-wisp, kirlia is now item-less. you could take a second serving of leftovers to feed it, i guess
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »

Actually, I just gave Chroma Anura's leftovers.

Anyways.

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pokemon (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2013, 05:14:27 pm »

Then what Item do you claim as a prize?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2013, 05:55:19 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot to figure that out in adding the gifs. One of which doesn't work...

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pokemon (click to show/hide)

P.S. What would happen if we evolved Nincada?
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2013, 05:57:45 pm »

Well, you could chose to go for either, but not catch both, as you may not add two pokemon to your team in one turn.

You might decide to add the one you didn't immediatly take to your team next turn I guess

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2013, 06:08:44 pm »

Shoot. So, we'd basically be ignoring the way it evolves in the game.
Sig

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:39 pm »

It was midnight when Z and Shroomish set out on their trek through Sankt Forest. Z wondered what Pokemon might be out at such a time, while Shroomish uncomfortably hopped about in the darkness.

"Shroomish shroom, Shroom shroom?"
"It's alright Shroomish. If we follow the moon, we should be fine."

Into the forest they went, shoulder to ankle, with Z's flashlight leading the way down grassy paths. The only sounds were Z's footsteps and the chirping of Kricketots near and far. Occasionally the arrangement of vegetation in the darkness seemed to open paths of their own. Forks forked into smaller forks, and soon Z and Shroomish found themselves surrounded by trees, trees, and more trees.

"I think that way is North... so West must be... didn't we come from there?"

Shroomish looked up at the moon, something peculiar catching his eye. The dim crescent shape in the sky seemed to move as Shroomish stared into it. Suddenly, the moon's red eyes opened wide, and for a second it was fully visible before disappearing into the night sky.

"SHROOOOM! Shroomish shroom shroom!"
"What's wrong, Shroomish?"

Z looked up and saw them. Hundreds of little blue eyes scattered about on tree tops.

"Woah. What are they?"
"Shroooom... shroomish shroom."
"Larvesta? I've never even heard of these guys! I've gotta capture o--"

Before Z could finish his sentence, a Larvesta fell from above, knocking him down. Shroomish tackled the Larvesta, freeing Z from its sticky little arms. "Shroomish, use Stun Spore!" As the Larvesta got up and began to charge, Shroomish sprayed it with a cloud of spores, paralyzing the angsty bug. "Now, go Pokeball!" Z threw a Pokeball, and after some struggle the Larvesta gave in. "Woo, yeah!!" "Shroomish!!"

With some luck, Z, Shroomish, and Findy the Larvesta eventually made it out of the woods. As they entered the Pokemon center, the sun was just starting to rise. Shroomish hopped outside for a second, bathing in the soft dawn light. The moon, the real one, was visible. Shroomish looked up, cheeks darkening as he thought about the Pokemon he saw earlier. Just then, a shout erupted from within the pokemon center. It sounded like Z!

"What do you mean you don't have human beds?? People need rest too!!"
"Shroooooooom...."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC: Hope my choice was valid!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2013, 10:22:27 pm »

I'll post RP later, i suppose. For now, know that my item is a Focus Sash and my pokemon is Snubbull. :D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2013, 05:20:18 am »

Sigh, and again everyone who has missing battles missed eachother.

I suppose I'll leave it at round 1 for today, so people can finish their gym battles, but round 2 is coming up tomorrow. Be sure to keep your round 1 team saved if you have battles missing.

Be aware, I revisioned the move-restrictions. Else, all tutor moves would be entirely unavaiable until the move relearner is reached - and from there on it's only 2 battles left AND it strips you away from chosing different routes. As such, all Tutor Moves now count as TM-Moves, and can be claimed as an item, or learned via the corresponding gym victory
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:08:01 am by Akroma »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2013, 01:57:00 pm »

once again on showdown hoping for rolepgeek. slow day today, nobody showing up, but that's fine. I guess most people are just waiting for round 2 to start

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2013, 08:26:15 pm »

Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2013, 09:10:24 pm »

Ear teeth

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2013, 10:13:21 pm »

Shroomish has Effect Spore, which randomly causes status effects on pokemon that hit them with contact moves.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31