Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 51952 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2013, 10:35:01 am »

Also, this would have gone quite differently if Luke hadn't been so suicidal and both roles had claimed before letting themselves get lynched. Usually town players have slightly more self-preservation.

That really baffled me.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2013, 10:36:58 am »

Tiruin, Messing us up by voting your own partner! >: (
Hey, he was scummy. >_>

Pufferfish, why didn't you claim? Who had you checked?
He checked...Elephant_Parade. :/

I believe the reasons are already obvious?
Tiruin, Messing us up by voting your own partner! >: (

I probably woulda switched to you Tir Tir.

Uh, I dunno, it was a 5 minute think, and I wifomed myself back into not switching.

But Yeah, At that point. If I got about 20 more minutes, I should've been able to figure out who the mafia were just by... Looking...

Puffer isn't mafia, because mafia is voting a kill on puffer. (And if it's only 2 votes, Puffer and buddy (IF they were mafia) Woulda tied the votes and NLed).

Uh, MakeInU shouldn't be mafia, After all that's said and done, He really isn't like mafia.

Persus should be mafia, As the other person voting other than me, And no mafia stack, I'm going to guess he is.

And that leaves Tiruin. Well, It would've been a hard wifom. But I think i would've come to the conclusion that you were trying to distance yourself.

(But that's after the results were out).

Also, just a suggestion, to balance a 7/2 game, I suggest that the cop not be macho.
Teehee~
That's quite an astute mark there little kitty cat. :))
Remember: Look back in thread to check for clues. Even the dead can still speak with their suspicions.

PPE: SBC/NQT
I'm really in favor of this.
Uh, it's hard to scum hunt with super short days. I'd say to make it a bit longer, and an upwards of two weeks.
Timezone difference + idea of lurking as a valid tactic over most conventional ideas (difference being No night, and rapid pace play)
It would hardly be a Sprint then would it? There are plenty of other mafia game modes where you play for longer stretches. If I was a player I'd have pushed for a Tiruin lynch simply for her low-suspicion count. The last person to vote is worthy of suspicion.

Also, this would have gone quite differently if Luke hadn't been so suicidal and both roles had claimed before letting themselves get lynched. Usually town players have slightly more self-preservation.
Yeah I-..erm, I only disagreed with what I just said after reading the deadchat..then it clicked. 'Why isn't there more than 20 pages in normal forum format...'
Also ouch. You're right there but..ouch. :<
Heh, no, just kidding. That's really true as a generality--last person to vote (ESPECIALLY AT LYLO) attracts suspicion--I wouldn't have used my ol' psychological method there. It would dishonor my tool and my name.

Uhh, If we are going to keep such short times (Which is bad for town)

I really REALLY suggest non-macho cops.
Mm? I like them with muscles. Keeps them thinking steel bounces off them. :P
..However, this does seem like a valid option--t'would test the ability to fakeclaim perhaps?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2013, 10:38:05 am »

That really baffled me.
Oh gods yes.
The only logical way I could find--and as said during game--was that he was using it as a town-tell 'because self-preservation' and whatever.
I'd die (figuratively) before I see that as a rule or a theory, or even at least a positive thought.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2013, 10:38:25 am »

No. Cop-doctor combo is vulnerable to a gamebreaking strategy: the doctor protects whoever claims cop first and the cop leads town to an easy win. A sixth town player might work?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2013, 10:40:50 am »

No. Cop-doctor combo is vulnerable to a gamebreaking strategy: the doctor protects whoever claims cop first and the cop leads town to an easy win. A sixth town player might work?
Wouldn't this test counter claiming as a valid strate-...
Oh, right. In any non-LYLO situation..and given the fixed roles...
Consider my non-macho cop idea redacted.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2013, 10:53:19 am »

Cop/Doctor is game-breaking by itself.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 09, 2013, 10:53:38 am »

I'd consider possibly replacing the macho cop with a macho day cop to give town a bit of a headstart. But maybe someone else has a reason why that wouldn't work. We'd probably have to run this a few more times to know how pro-scum or town it is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2013, 10:57:07 am »

I'd consider possibly replacing the macho cop with a macho day cop to give town a bit of a headstart. But maybe someone else has a reason why that wouldn't work. We'd probably have to run this a few more times to know how pro-scum or town it is.
Or get more input from observers. While there is a player factor in determining the results, there is also the role mix and how each player works their role.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2013, 10:59:07 am »

LNCP if you're reading: how did you think it went?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2013, 11:02:02 am »

Darn it, Tiruin, as soon as I died I knew it was you. Were you afraid I was going to build on that last FoS?

Superblackcat, why couldn't you quote properly?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2013, 11:03:48 am »

Darn it, Tiruin, as soon as I died I knew it was you. Were you afraid I was going to build on that last FoS?
I..just didn't want Persus to kill who he initially chose to kill. I was looking forward to you, to be honest.
But then you died. :S

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2013, 11:07:40 am »

Either a day cop or a 6th townie would help, I think. 5-2 is a tight margin to start with.

Either gives a buffer for the Town against a mislynch on D1.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2013, 12:29:48 pm »

Wow damnit haha, I was going to switch my vote to Persus. I was convinced SBC and Persus were the scum-pair :P

The reason I didn't claim, and I mentioned it, was that I checked goddamned Elephant Parade. And he was lynched.

I want more sprints this was awesome and already shorter than the single day I played in the other BM.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2013, 12:39:12 pm »

Thinking about it, I see no reason why Sprint style games should be confined to just beginner games.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2013, 02:29:18 pm »

NQT, I think everyone's fears here about the town being underpowered in Sprint games is too early to call. Besides, this was a game in which the playing IC was also part of the Mafia - I know, I know, that possibility is supposed to be there, but it doesn't happen often and could just as easily have skewed the game in favour of the Mafia. So could a host of other factors.

There's a reason the cop is Macho, and that is because a non-macho cop will break a game also containing sensible players and a doctor. Yes, one could change the roles to something else, but cops and doctors are about as easy and as basic as you can get. I don't think the familiarity and ease-of-use factor is anything to sniff at.

But again, it's too early to call, in my opinion. This is just the first game, and we've managed to show that people can stick to it for a week and play with enthusiasm. That alone seems promising.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19