Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 51964 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Two - The Smouldering Boots
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2013, 08:00:41 am »

The suns hung by the horizon... it was almost time for someone to die.

Vote Count
------------------------
makeinu -
Persus13 - Tiruin
Pufferfish -Superblackcat, Persus13
Superblackcat - Pufferfish,
Tiruin - makeinu

Not Voting -

Day ends Monday 3 PM GMT. Those with roles, send me your actions via PM in the next 2 hours.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2013, 09:57:33 am »

I don't like this, Why has Mafia not stacked votes?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2013, 10:03:02 am »

GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN

The remaining theocrats jostle, shoving one another into the rain. Finally, two of them grabbed Greeter Pufferfish and shoved him out. The Greeter immediately set off at a brisk run and was soon obscured in the haze of blood. He almost certainly died and the rain continued, unabated.

Pufferfish was the town cop.

The others looked uneasily at one another before being plunged into darkeness with the setting suns. Planter Makeinu rushed to grab his things. In his satchel were lead seeds, his madcap plan was to lay a trail of plantations and shield himself beneath their leaves until he was out of the danger zone. He'd be damned if he was going to be killed over an impossibull. He got as far as the back base of the skull before being captured in Baker Persus 13's gingerbread net. As he scrambled in the netting in the dark, he briefly saw the three glowing eyes of Advocate Tiruin before she snapped his neck.

Makeinu was town.

The suns came up and the blood rain continued. Intoner Superblackcat quitely sang to himself to keep awake in the long night, hiding beneath the brow in the vast skull's left eye socket. As the sun came up he was powerless to stop the remaining heretics, Baker Persus 13 and Advocate Tiruin, from completing their rites of indifference. And as the clouds finally cleared the impossibull faded from possibility, and the heretics clumped off through the mud of the mabbling plains back to the Chambers, leaving the Intoner hidden in what was now a musty alcove of a ruined temple.

No one would believe him that there was ever such a thing as an Impossibull and there was no going back to the Chambers now. So he strode off in the other direction, singing the song of a beast that never was.

The Mafia has won. They were Tiruin and Persus 13

Deadchat
Scumchat
Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

NQT's tips for beginners:
- Never vote for yourself, that's idiotic
- Remember that distancing is a common scum tactic
- If you've got an important role and you're about to be lynched *always* claim before you die. It's likely someone else will be lynched instead
- When in doubt, lynch Tiruin
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:10:20 am by notquitethere »

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2013, 10:03:59 am »

DAMN IT! UHHARRGHHAHUHR!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN
« Reply #229 on: December 09, 2013, 10:10:35 am »

HAH
I knew Puff was the cop ever since he declared an ultimatum on that notion!

Was I evil? :/

Edit:
- When in doubt, lynch Tiruin
Hey! Mean. xD

EditII:
I'm really wondering why Puff didn't claim. Intuition struck you out as a cop-suspect when you replied that one note on the extreme side of suspecting anyone else as scum. :3
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:19:29 am by Tiruin »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2013, 10:13:28 am »

So, I'd say that was a success. Not in terms of town-play (poor scum-hunting ability is somewhat expected in a beginners game), but in that it was a brisk game that didn't take up people's lives for over a month on end.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 09, 2013, 10:13:52 am »

I was extremely ready to change my vote at the last second...
Because something seemed wrong...

THE MAFIA DIDN'T STACK.

Yeah, I didn't

Yeah, We lost.

PPE:

Uh, it's hard to scum hunt with super short days. I'd say to make it a bit longer, and an upwards of two weeks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 09, 2013, 10:15:06 am »

For posterity:
Of these, I feel a simpler case can be made. Tiruin has been mostly evasive and accusatory in her responses. I don't know if that's her norm in these games, but it's coming across to me as a strong scum-tell right now, and that bothers me.
Not my norm at all! If you see someone being 'evasive' (I didn't really even see myself as being evasive..at all) then poke at it!
If the accusatory remarks look more like a smokescreen than an honest-to-goodness evaluation, then speak!
I'm mighty glad you caught the scumteam and said your case from a Town point of view that dislodging most ideas in this post would be hard to do. :D

SBC
DAMN IT! UHHARRGHHAHUHR!
I don't like this, Why has Mafia not stacked votes?
I think you had some foresight here?

So, I'd say that was a success. Not in terms of town-play (poor scum-hunting ability is somewhat expected in a beginners game), but in that it was a brisk game that didn't take up people's lives for over a month on end.
*Self-voting~...
>_>
Luke: Post-game debriefing. Why did you do that?

Edit:
I'm really in favor of this.
Uh, it's hard to scum hunt with super short days. I'd say to make it a bit longer, and an upwards of two weeks.
Timezone difference + idea of lurking as a valid tactic over most conventional ideas (difference being No night, and rapid pace play)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:16:56 am by Tiruin »

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2013, 10:19:09 am »

Yeah, I woke up early to check the end of the game.

I'm still hitting myself for not changing the vote.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:30 am »

Let's debrief you then.

Under what ideas kept you from shifting your vote? If you were going to shift it, then who would it go to and why? What doubt was present? What cases did the others present that stopped you from doing what you wanted to do? (Do note that some of these questions are related to each other and can be answered in a single statement or so).

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 09, 2013, 10:22:49 am »

Well played to the scum team! I really believed my own arguments at the end there were right. Turns out they were half-right.

Tiruin: by the time I got that post all together, there wasn't time to press anymore. In retrospect, hindsight being 20/20, your not vote changing on D1 should have clued me in.

Pufferfish, why didn't you claim? Who had you checked?

Superblackcat, I'm used to very short (48 hours, no extends) days, so this pace felt good to me. The longer days seem to drag interminably to me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:28:58 am by makeinu »
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 09, 2013, 10:27:45 am »

Time ;__;

I really didn't like time and the extend limit in this case..prevented scumhunting.
...Ehh..perhaps we need to edit that note a bit more?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 09, 2013, 10:28:07 am »

Tiruin, Messing us up by voting your own partner! >: (

I probably woulda switched to you Tir Tir.

Uh, I dunno, it was a 5 minute think, and I wifomed myself back into not switching.

But Yeah, At that point. If I got about 20 more minutes, I should've been able to figure out who the mafia were just by... Looking...

Puffer isn't mafia, because mafia is voting a kill on puffer. (And if it's only 2 votes, Puffer and buddy (IF they were mafia) Woulda tied the votes and NLed).

Uh, MakeInU shouldn't be mafia, After all that's said and done, He really isn't like mafia.

Persus should be mafia, As the other person voting other than me, And no mafia stack, I'm going to guess he is.

And that leaves Tiruin. Well, It would've been a hard wifom. But I think i would've come to the conclusion that you were trying to distance yourself.

(But that's after the results were out).

Also, just a suggestion, to balance a 7/2 game, I suggest that the cop not be macho.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2013, 10:31:51 am »

I'm really in favor of this.
Timezone difference + idea of lurking as a valid tactic over most conventional ideas (difference being No night, and rapid pace play)
It would hardly be a Sprint then would it? There are plenty of other mafia game modes where you play for longer stretches. If I was a player I'd have pushed for a Tiruin lynch simply for her low-suspicion count. The last person to vote is worthy of suspicion.

Also, this would have gone quite differently if Luke hadn't been so suicidal and both roles had claimed before letting themselves get lynched. Usually town players have slightly more self-preservation.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2013, 10:32:35 am »

Uhh, If we are going to keep such short times (Which is bad for town)

I really REALLY suggest non-macho cops.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19