Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 51962 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day One - The Blood Rain
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2013, 10:29:21 pm »

I did not know that. I sit corrected.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2013, 10:32:31 pm »

makeinu
I see you as crafty and subtle.
Tiruin: I'm not used to this style of scum-hunting, so I'm really not sure what questions I would ask. So, I'm watching  to see what others ask, and how those questions are answered.

As to voting, I understand the concept of pressure votes, but dislike random votes on principle. I've yet to be convinced of the utility; that may change.
Clever, and ever-learning.
Random votes on principle are..what? Specifically, what 'principle' are you talking about? 'Random' votes are part of a playstyle, and it is up to the observer to query if such and such is random, or find a purpose behind it--basically whatever notion crosses the mind and sparks intrigue.

Aw, gosh, thanks *bashful look*

My principles. I just don't like random votes. They serve a purpose, and they're part of a play style, I just don't care to use them. Though, I'll admit they can be very effective, mostly with newer players.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2013, 10:53:26 pm »

Her Her Oops :< Derp...

Tiruin. No, in this game, not on the forums.

'How will you value others -in the hypothetical scenario that you're town- in being scum? Will or will not the presence of a role ability shift that viewpoint, and why?'

I still have no idea what you mean. Am I pretending to be scum or town?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2013, 11:01:41 pm »

I fear I fail in English. Forever ;__;

SBC: In the hypothetical scenario that you are scum--meaning, the question sets the setting that you are scum, and then x happens.
Where x is "How do you see everyone else? Will the presence of a role ability shift that viewpoint, and why?'"

Also you did say on the forums 'as well'. :P
@All, Who is your favorite person in this and why? (Not just in mafia, on forums as well)
You didn't specify 'in this game', and Skyrunner did state wanting to play one day, but she lacks time.

...*points at Jim Groovester*
I've had a great past with him. He mentored me with his grumpy, :| -ish snarkiness on my first BM, and it was epic. He also seems to have a PhD in Mafia, meaning he's well versed and really really a good player in my eyes.
Also is a good buddy. And a math graduate.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2013, 11:08:54 pm »

SBC: My favorite person on the forums is a really tough question. I'd have to say Wwolin. He's the one who got me into Bay12. He's also a cool GM and composer.

Persus
> ...Soo..what did you classify me under, since I was an IC you played with (well..technically. I mean, we played 1 game together so..)
> And you have my reaction. I see you pulling back however I see space which lacks notes. Why did you pull back, and anything you can say about my reaction?
I'd forgotten about how you WoT everything. And while you were IC, you replaced in long after I got Nked Night 1.
I pulled back because my vote had served it's purpose for now. I was thinking of pressuring another player but decided against it at the time. Your reaction seemed very null to me and I want to talk more to get a better feel for whether your town or not. And then I'll probably think your the opposite faction.

Elephant: How will we find out when you actually attacking someone because you really think their scummy? Also, what are your thoughts on players so far?

PPE: You wanted it in game? In that case, I'd say you, since you, elephant, and Tiruin are the only players I'm familiar with, and enjoyed playing with you last BM and I'm only slightly acquainted with Elephant. Having said that, that doesn't mean I won't vote you if I think you're scummy. Also, what was the point of the question?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2013, 11:28:02 pm »

In case it isn't clear, the PPE is directed at SBC.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2013, 11:45:34 pm »

@Tiruin: LP is just fine

"Screwing up" would in this case means the same as you define it: Making mistakes. Specifically, slipping information they shouldn't know or a change in their speaking pattern if put under stress indicating they have something to hide.

As for no mistake, well, I don't expect that since it is a Beginner's Mafia game, but in the case that it happens I would look at whoever is the most or least talkive they might be trying to cover themselves or trying to avoid attention, or wait until new information is gleamed.

@Favorite person: I can't say I know anyone enough to have a favorite. there's some people who I'm more friendly towards than others, but I just don't post often enough to justify a favorite.

Also, in case I forget Unvote

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:47 pm »

@Perseus13: Meh. I'll probably be a bit more aggressive, and use more evidence. Also, I'll use the word "scum" a lot.

Superblackcat: Hasn't done a whole lot. Overly friendly, which is kind of suspicious. Might be scum, but might just be new.

makeinu: Hasn't done much at all. Why aren't you scumhunting? You should be scumhunting.

Perseus13: Seems slightly focused on me, but might just think he picked up on something.

Tiruin: Seemed a bit aggressive when RVSing Pufferfish, but that's probably just an initial misreading influencing further perception.

Pufferfish: Dunno. Hasn't done much, but did ask questions.

Luke_Prowler: Seemed to be a bit more upset at my RV than he should've been.

My current primary suspects are probably makeinu and Tiruin. These are probably going to change, though.

Doing homework now. I might not post again tonight.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2013, 11:54:40 pm »

makeinu: Hasn't done much at all. Why aren't you scumhunting? You should be scumhunting.

Just because I'm not playing the game your way, doesn't mean I'm not playing.

Tiruin: I'm not used to this style of scum-hunting, so I'm really not sure what questions I would ask. So, I'm watching  to see what others ask, and how those questions are answered.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2013, 11:59:45 pm »

Just because I'm not playing the game your way, doesn't mean I'm not playing.

If you're town, you have to ask people questions. More information is always good. I'm never played this game on a forum before, and I'm at least attempting to scumhunt.

Useless town members tend to get lynched.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2013, 12:02:41 am »

Tiruin: Ah, my mistake, I saw the words "effectively nightless" and my brain didn't catch the insta-night-kill bits. I was thinking this were to be a no-night play.

In lieu of that silly wanton waste of a question, here's one from last game. While I was vocal and Squill effectively lurked the whole game as scum, why did you pick me first and not the one who was constantly lurking, not adding anything to the debate?

unvote.

Elephant Parade: I know I haven't been doing much, busy days of school, finals coming up and what-not. Nice to know what you think of me. Your questions so far have been not-so-useful. Almost actively lurking it feels like. I understand we do not know each other or what is happening just yet, but how have your questions been constructive in terms of finding scum?

PPE: Questions italicized so as not to be misread :)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2013, 12:05:32 am »

@Pufferfish: I don't know what questions to ask, but I figured weak questions were better than no questions. I was hoping somebody would say something the tiniest bit suspicious.

Also, I nearly forgot to unvote.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2013, 12:36:00 am »

All right. unvote.

Makeinu:

How are you contributing at all to the scumhunt? You are only answering questions as they are directed to you, and trying shuffle off accusations. You aren't asking any questions at all. You're very suspicious to me.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2013, 01:05:58 am »

How are you contributing at all to the scumhunt? You are only answering questions as they are directed to you, and trying shuffle off accusations. You aren't asking any questions at all. You're very suspicious to me.

Your hackles are easily raised.

Up to now, nothing actively. I am, as noted, observing. But, a question for you...

Assume you're scum. What do you do to actively camouflage yourself?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2013, 02:26:01 am »

Your hackles are easily raised.

Up to now, nothing actively. I am, as noted, observing. But, a question for you...

Assume you're scum. What do you do to actively camouflage yourself?

Actively? I'd look for someone easy to single out, who seems like a weak player and try to take them out. Or bus my partner in crime.

But it's much easier to try and lurk, isn't it? Rhetorical question.

Real question: How does not being active help you find out who scum is?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19