Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 51997 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day One - The Blood Rain
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 05:36:44 pm »

answer
Okay, thanks. That answer helps understand better where you're coming from. Have you ever played a 7-10 player game?

Persus
Tiruin: How do you find out if an IC is scum? THat seemed hard for me in the last BM because the ICs were mostly posting advice. Any tips?
...You scumhunt them. An IC is no different from you people--they just somehow get a probable fancy way of displaying advice so people will listen, instead of player advice, which is open to scrutiny.
SO Yeah. What I'm saying is that I'm no less invincible or invulnerable to guilt and suspicion than you guys. Check what Imp did last BM. She is awesome. She had characteristics which resembles scumhunting.
Meaning: Scumhunt. You find out if a -person- is scum, when you scumhunt them. Wherein scumhunt is a term.

Why do you ask me such a question, then add a vote? Attention's sake or...?
Three reasons. One: I find you hard to read and have had a bad record when it comes to deciding what faction you're on. (BM I thought you were scum, you weren't. Supernatural I thought you were town. you weren't.
Two: ICs seem hard to read for me because my past experience with ICs was they either lurked or gave advice and didn't do a lot of playing.
Three: Voting you was because I didn't know how you'd react to it.
Four: D1 is usually hard for me. I rarely know what I want to ask, and so ask whatever comes to mind and helps me learn or allows me to find out more about a player's experience.
Unvote for now. I may be back later.

As to voting, I understand the concept of pressure votes, but dislike random votes on principle. I've yet to be convinced of the utility; that may change.
Some players on the form share that mindset. When do you think you'll begin to start asking questions?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 05:59:20 pm »

'SBC: Glad to play with you again. What are your thoughts on other players?'
@Persus, Elephant Parade and Luke seems like fun :D

@ Tir.... Restate please? What do you mean by value?

@All, Who is your favorite person in this and why? (Not just in mafia, on forums as well)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 06:06:16 pm »

A rusty stench fills the air as the troughs in the mud fill and a sickly haze spreads across the group as they continue to point fingers, the blood rain rolling like tears across the impossibull's long dead face.

Vote Count
------------------------
Elephant Parade (1) - Luke Prowler
Luke_Prowler -
makeinu -
Persus13 (1) - Elephant Parade
Pufferfish (1) - Tiruin
Superblackcat -
Tiruin -

Not Voting - makeinu, Persus_13, Pufferfish, Superblackcat

Day ends Friday 3 PM GMT. Those with roles, send me your actions via PM in the next 40 hours.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 06:08:58 pm »

Pufferfish: Take yourself as scum. Are there any significant differences you'd see in your play compared to how your ideal town play would be?

Well, if I were scum, there's three options I could take. Both require working with the other scumfriend.

1) Tunnel. Find a crack in a townie and go for it. And go for it. Break them.

2) General chaos. Point as many fingers everywhere, putting wedges into each crack you can find and leave the general populace to break them.

3) Bus then lead. A little riskier play but you would gain trust, especially if the other person keeps making small scumtells can be picked up.

Tiruin: Since there is no nightkill, there is no speculation on what kills mean, WIFOM or not. How will this affect your play?

Luke: I don't know much about you. I don't know your style. I've played with the others. I have at least an idea of how they play. How would you convince me that someone else is scum?

PPE:

SBC: In here? In this game? Gosh, Imp. She isn't even playing and man, is she a hell of a player. Gotta give her my respek. And beyond that, I see Tiruin a lot around the forums and she's also super awesome.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 07:09:28 pm »

@makeinu: It's a mafia tactic, where someone throws whats basically a baseless accusation to see how other people reaction. Usually followed by an unvote so to at least be fair.

Speaking of which, you seem quite quick to accuse, aye Elephant Parade   :P

I've read a lot of Mafia games, and this is what it looked like people were doing. I'm pretty sure it is, though that was kind of a dumb question. Unvote.

Quote from: Tiruin
I'm too lazy to actually quote, but he was asking why I asked the question, then unvoted.

I dunno. I felt like I was supposed to be active, and it didn't make sense to keep the vote when he answered.

As for why I picked that question, I was hoping he'd accidentally give some clue of being scum. But he didn't really give me much of an answer. (Yes, I know there wasn't much he could've said.)

I'll be back later to scumhunt. I'm going to check my other topics, since I just got home from school.

Speaking of which, I'm default forum time -3, so factor that in before you accuse me of lurking. Just a thing I figured I should say so I don't have to say it later.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 09:28:15 pm »

'SBC: Glad to play with you again. What are your thoughts on other players?'
@Persus, Elephant Parade and Luke seems like fun :D

@All, Who is your favorite person in this and why? (Not just in mafia, on forums as well)

I have no idea.

@makeinu: It's a mafia tactic, where someone throws whats basically a baseless accusation to see how other people reaction. Usually followed by an unvote so to at least be fair.

Speaking of which, you seem quite quick to accuse, aye Elephant Parade   :P

This is RVS. You vote people to get their attention. Somebody is more likely to notice their name if it's in red; also, this way they can't dodge questions.

Are you trying to discourage me from scumhunting, Luke_Prowler?

Superblackcat: You're acting very chummy. Trying to hide something?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2013, 09:51:55 pm »

@Persus13: I'm not completely new at the game, but I've played exactly 2 games and it was a very long time ago. And I was not particularly good at it.

In that post, I was referring to the game. I would think that the mafia faction wouldn't do it, as they already know who the townies are, though perhaps they would do it to fish for the special roles. Or to just not look like mafia.

@Tiruin: Well, I don't think I'll need to adjust my play, as I don't have a play to adjust :P I guess rather than my usual tactic of just reading the thread and seeing who screws up first, I'll try to prod people for clues. I doubt I''l be as active as some of the others, though.

As how I will treat the mass, I'll take a page from the Inquisition. No one is above suspicion and claims of innocence are guilty of wasting my time.

@Pufferfish: I would think I would not need to convince you that someone else is scum, their own actions would be proof enough.

@Elephant Parade: Ah okay. Makes sense. Fake Edit: Yes, I read Tiruin's post too. I know what you're tying to do. And I am not stopping you from scumhunting, merely discouraging baseless accusations.

Also, I'd just like to say I love using the term "Scum".

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2013, 09:53:02 pm »

Elephant.... Chummy?? I don't... understand.

EDIT: Definition from google: on friendly terms; friendly. I still don't understand... Am I not supposed to be friendly?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 10:01:25 pm »

Elephant.... Chummy?? I don't... understand.

EDIT: Definition from google: on friendly terms; friendly. I still don't understand... Am I not supposed to be friendly?

You're acting extremely friendly for no apparent reason, which can be a scumtell. But really, I was just hoping to gain information. Unvote.

@Luke_Prowler: It wasn't much of an accusation. The red was mainly to get your attention.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 10:01:41 pm »

Also, don't edit.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2013, 10:05:59 pm »

Also, don't edit.

It's not an actual edit, you just posted before I was finish with my post and I got a notification and I added accordingly.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2013, 10:14:04 pm »

Also, don't edit.

It's not an actual edit, you just posted before I was finish with my post and I got a notification and I added accordingly.

I was talking about Superblackcat.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 10:20:01 pm »

That's not an edit button edit either, that's a player pre-post self-edit. Otherwise, you'd see something like this:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:30:00 pm by TheDarkStar »
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2013, 10:21:08 pm »

That's not an edit button edit either, that's a player pre-post self-edit. Otherwise, you'd see something like this:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:30:00 pm by TheDarkStar »

INCORRECT! If you edit your post immediately after you post (or very soon) it won't show up.

I figured that even though it didn't harm anything, Superblackcat might not know, and thus I should tell him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2013, 10:27:03 pm »

PFP
Luckyblackcat (any abbreviations you may want for yourself?

> *checks dictionary*
No, not the definition in regard to color. When I said 'value', I mean...um. Prioritize their importance. How will you consider those people, in the scenario that you are scum.

My favorite is...Skyrunner, because she's...a real true friend and has been ever since I joined the forum. She's a real awesome person and a total free-thinker; innovative in her character and totally awesome. She's prone to worry and stress though, and probably procrastination, but I love her all the same because she's understanding and accepting. Oh, and did I mention she taught me D&D and basic programming? Yeah.

...Why did you ask us on who our favorite person is? To get a better idea of how we rate others? While I do like that kind of question as an add-on (as in, a 'get to know this player more' question + Mafia pertinent question is ok), I don't quite see anything else there.

What was on your mind when you asked that?

PPE: When he says 'Chummy' that means you're being friendly-friendly. It's a british equivalent of friend, I believe. Chum.

Puffinpuff
Tiruin: Since there is no nightkill, there is no speculation on what kills mean, WIFOM or not. How will this affect your play?
Wut? Really now?
The mafia has access to a nightkill that they may use in the Night phase, while the town occasionally has roles with abilities that are used during the night.[...]Sprint specifically plays much like normal mafia, but with two notable exceptions. The game is effectively Nightless: Each Day, players may collectively decide to lynch a player, but instead of advancing to a silent Night the game begins with the next Day immediately. Thus, the playerbase must talk constantly, and there is no set time to send in actions - anyone with a power role and thus a night action must send in the action during the Day.
I believe the N0 is usually for coordination efforts. Meaning no NKs via technical rule.
Where did you get that idea of no nightkill?

LP (Luke, you ok with this abbr?)
@Tiruin: Well, I don't think I'll need to adjust my play, as I don't have a play to adjust :P I guess rather than my usual tactic of just reading the thread and seeing who screws up first, I'll try to prod people for clues. I doubt I''l be as active as some of the others, though.

As how I will treat the mass, I'll take a page from the Inquisition. No one is above suspicion and claims of innocence are guilty of wasting my time.
So what's your definition of people screwing up? Mine is them making mistakes.
What if no mistakes are made?
...Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition perfect play, so I'll ask you such.

Persus
-snip-
Three reasons. One: I find you hard to read and have had a bad record when it comes to deciding what faction you're on. (BM I thought you were scum, you weren't. Supernatural I thought you were town. you weren't.
Two: ICs seem hard to read for me because my past experience with ICs was they either lurked or gave advice and didn't do a lot of playing.
Three: Voting you was because I didn't know how you'd react to it.
Four: D1 is usually hard for me. I rarely know what I want to ask, and so ask whatever comes to mind and helps me learn or allows me to find out more about a player's experience.
Unvote for now. I may be back later.
> ...Bad record? AHAH, That's you growing yer sea legs 'matey! With experience grows knowledge. You'll pick up the things from constant observation soon 'nuff.
> ...Soo..what did you classify me under, since I was an IC you played with (well..technically. I mean, we played 1 game together so..)
> And you have my reaction. I see you pulling back however I see space which lacks notes. Why did you pull back, and anything you can say about my reaction?
> You rarely know, but you still know something. :P That is a good way to find stuff out though, but keep it pertinent!

makeinu
I see you as crafty and subtle.
Tiruin: I'm not used to this style of scum-hunting, so I'm really not sure what questions I would ask. So, I'm watching  to see what others ask, and how those questions are answered.

As to voting, I understand the concept of pressure votes, but dislike random votes on principle. I've yet to be convinced of the utility; that may change.
Clever, and ever-learning.
Random votes on principle are..what? Specifically, what 'principle' are you talking about? 'Random' votes are part of a playstyle, and it is up to the observer to query if such and such is random, or find a purpose behind it--basically whatever notion crosses the mind and sparks intrigue.

PPE: "aRHGHAahghhh, technical arguments!!? Well..Elephant Parade does have a point--the edit doesn't show up moment after a post, and I doubt SBC did any editing given how quick it was and what little was added. OR, he just typed the 'EDIT' part in. That's what I'm inclined to believe."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19