Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341151 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Caverns
« Reply #4260 on: August 04, 2014, 07:14:59 pm »

Nadarr waits a minute, and as no one else suggests anything, he mutters to himself and starts moving off into the darkness, taking the light with him. As he goes, he looks around very carefully, trying to see some way of getting back to the others.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: August 05, 2014, 05:31:11 am »

"So Karl, want to try your luck with the Climber's kit after we put your armor in a bag of holding? I can always just go after you."

((So how many healing potions do I have left?

And where is everyone?  ???))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:38 am »

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: August 05, 2014, 07:49:59 am »

Karl takes a look around at the pit he's standing in and nods assent, working quickly to place his armor, shield and the rest of his equipment into the Bag of Holding, leaving him dressed in his clothing. He thinks for a moment and takes his longsword back out of the bag and straps both the sword and the bag securely across his back before stretching his arms and shoulders.

"Without my armor weighing down and with you assisting me from the top, I believe I can make it up there. This fortress is a dark place, and I would not find it odd that ethereal undead might also find their home here."

Karl uses the rope and grappling hook that Alexander has attached at the top to start climbing out of the pit.

((Unencumbered athletics check go!))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: August 05, 2014, 07:53:46 am »

Assuming I'm up there as well, give Karl a hand.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: August 05, 2014, 08:21:24 am »

"I'll leave it to you to know about your home, Thor. So yeah, getting out sounds good. Too bad I can't just grab you and teleport us both out.

Start making our way around the room, stick to the wall, and try to keep quiet.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: August 05, 2014, 10:45:25 am »

((Oh, just drop me already. My interest in this has obviously waned, and it doesn't look like it'll pick up anytime soon. I guess I just stuck around to keep my spot since you guys are all pretty awesome, but... I just don't feel like playing anymore. And sticking around is probably going to hurt things more than leaving. So best of luck to all of you, and I might jump back in later with a new character, but I kinda doubt it. Either way, I'm done playing.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: August 05, 2014, 10:47:30 am »

((Well, I can't say I'm surprised you're leaving. Nice playing with you, and good luck with your...5e, is it?))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: August 05, 2014, 10:54:07 am »

((Just make sure it's not a rash decision. A good night's sleep usually tells us the truth in these kind of decisions. Gotta say that this'll probably overhaul the whole party.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: August 05, 2014, 11:08:05 am »

((Well, I can't say I'm surprised you're leaving. Nice playing with you, and good luck with your...5e, is it?))

((Yep. It is 5e, and it's going along okay. I could be a way better DM however.))

((Just make sure it's not a rash decision. A good night's sleep usually tells us the truth in these kind of decisions. Gotta say that this'll probably overhaul the whole party.))

((Well it's been weeks~ since I last submitted an actual post, and I've been thinking about leaving for a while now. Admittedly I feel kinda bad for leaving now, but that's more to do with how long we've been playing together and your reactions. Not because I've had a change of heart can muster up the drive to post again.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: August 05, 2014, 11:13:48 am »

(( :( We understand, USEC))
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: August 05, 2014, 11:18:01 am »

(( :( We understand, USEC))

((Says the person who was gone for half the game.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: August 05, 2014, 11:19:13 am »

((Which is obviously why he can understand. :P))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: August 05, 2014, 12:21:01 pm »

((Which is obviously why he can understand. :P))
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: August 05, 2014, 01:02:39 pm »

Nadarr waits a minute, and as no one else suggests anything, he mutters to himself and starts moving off into the darkness, taking the light with him. As he goes, he looks around very carefully, trying to see some way of getting back to the others.

You wade into the Darkness and Symon follows. You both end up wandering about for a bit and still keep Weston within view. Since he is looking through Nimue's eyes, he really isn't paying much attention. You circle around and realize something: Symon is no longer with you. You double back to the pathway and you notice very thick webs that you didn't notice before. You also notice a torn bag and random pieces of gear strewn across the webs. As you get closer, you notice there is fresh blood on the webs. Weston spots your light and mistakes it for someone else and rejoins with you. You're both standing and staring at the web, noticing more and more. A coinpurse, a holy symbol, and a few other odds and ends. You then notice the web to move. You both look up and witness a great horror: a giant spider above you, with one feasting Symon's body. On a second glance, though its very difficult to tell since spiders are all exoskeleton, the spider is undead and the blood its draining from Symon's headless body spews from its open stomach. You also notice at the end of its legs and its mandibles are bladed, with its mandibles being brutal hooks. Despite being undead and having limbs made of blades, it seems to not rip apart Symon's corpse as it drains him of all fluids. As the light touches it, seconds later, it throws down his lifeless body and makes a sound that's a mixture of a hiss and a rattle...

Karl takes a look around at the pit he's standing in and nods assent, working quickly to place his armor, shield and the rest of his equipment into the Bag of Holding, leaving him dressed in his clothing. He thinks for a moment and takes his longsword back out of the bag and straps both the sword and the bag securely across his back before stretching his arms and shoulders.

"Without my armor weighing down and with you assisting me from the top, I believe I can make it up there. This fortress is a dark place, and I would not find it odd that ethereal undead might also find their home here."

Karl uses the rope and grappling hook that Alexander has attached at the top to start climbing out of the pit.

((Unencumbered athletics check go!))
(11+3+5) Alexander helps you hoist yourself out of the hole. You take a quick look about and notice everything Alexander saw except you do not see the faces or images he saw.

"I'll leave it to you to know about your home, Thor. So yeah, getting out sounds good. Too bad I can't just grab you and teleport us both out.

Start making our way around the room, stick to the wall, and try to keep quiet.
You both quietly start making your way to the edge walls. (20+2) (14+4) You both hardly make a sound. You don't hear anything, but it takes a good twenty minutes you guess to hit the wall. You notice there area a lot of ores and uncut gems in the wall. Thoradin whispers that it may be that they never tried to retrieve this stuff in fear of the feathered burrower.

((Note that if it was alive, you could tame the blade spider. I'll send out a message to the waitlisters. Sorry about making you lose interest USEC, I tried to keep things interesting, but it happens))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 344