Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341117 times)

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Caverns
« Reply #4290 on: August 05, 2014, 04:29:54 pm »

nobody, but i was tempted to vote for Weston to even out the score but, i like the character to much for any one to die, who want to be by hte end yoou guys will have a completely different team from when you started?
GOOD GOD MY SPELLING IS HORRIBLE
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: August 05, 2014, 04:59:45 pm »

Karl smirks in response to Alexander's learned wisdom. "Give me a minute to get armored up, and we'll see where this river leads us."

Karl gets back in his armor and ties the sunrod to his belt before starting down the river, sword and shield at the ready.

((It's a shame to see you go, USEC_OFFICER, but if you just don't have that spark to continue, then you shouldn't continue.

Of course, now we'll have to deal with the Headless Avenger of Tiamat... that will be a joy to face. :)

Good luck with your 5e game!))

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: August 05, 2014, 05:21:06 pm »

Avenger of Tiamat
doesn't he worship the platinum dragon???

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: August 05, 2014, 05:24:36 pm »

((I'm happy to see that there's another person who sympathizes with Aurel's death. I made him such an elaborate character that you guys haven't even seen half of his background. His death was the biggest mistake I've made in years. (which doesn't speak well of me, does it?)

I voted for Alexander because ever since I've made him, I've been getting only negative modifiers and risky events that could punish him very heavily. Glad to see he's still going.

So far the only original guys remaining are Karl and Nadarr. Everybody else showed up along the way.

I have no idea what happened to the vanguard short sword.

For me, it is the first time I've played a D&D game. But I love roleplaying the most. It has delivered.

And yes. Platinum dragon Bahamut. Hanzoku made a little mistake I see. ;)

Damn, I miss Aurel.))
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:26:19 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: August 05, 2014, 06:07:20 pm »

For me, it is the first time I've played a D&D game. But I love roleplaying the most. It has delivered.

Damn, I miss Aurel.))
yeah i am new to this game, and from the way you were playing i thought you had played before, you fooled me greatly. Yes i was very sad at this death. One side of me said, what no you can't die this stupid of a death and another side side, REALLY you feed off of a dead body, one we know got killed by poison if you just talked to the right person!

i don't like alex because he is new, and it is obvious that he has some sort of history, but to be fair, i got the same creepy vibes from aurel at the very beginning and it was only later he warmed up to me.  I liked weston since the beginning. Symon, i didn't' really like. I didn't like his shyness and the shouting but i loved him after he went on a murdering spree and destroyed that vamp thing. Karl is cool and i never didn't like him, and then the dargon born is soooooo squishy that i was questioning him since the beginning.

thank god i have spell check on chrome.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: August 05, 2014, 06:27:35 pm »

((I made him such an elaborate character that you guys haven't even seen half of his background.))

((Whereas Symon was exactly what he seemed. Which probably wasn't the best thing, since everyone has their different pasts to haunt them and Symon is was just... there. It also doesn't help that everyone else is banging out massive paragraphs while I struggle to string several lines together. Bleh.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: August 05, 2014, 06:30:16 pm »

((I made him such an elaborate character that you guys haven't even seen half of his background.))

((Whereas Symon was exactly what he seemed. Which probably wasn't the best thing, since everyone has their different pasts to haunt them and Symon is was just... there. It also doesn't help that everyone else is banging out massive paragraphs while I struggle to string several lines together. Bleh.))
((I enjoyed Symon because I was expecting him to either break and attack everything thinking the world is evil or learn that there are necessary evils. Aurel was going to show him that, but now they're both dead.

Almost home btw))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: August 05, 2014, 06:39:22 pm »

I am almost diaspointed that i caught up, this has been giving me something to do and now that i am up to date, i need to wait for things to happen, but i will try and shut up becuase it seems other people only post to watch and don't hold conversations

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: August 05, 2014, 07:57:34 pm »

((I am almost diaspointed that i caught up, this has been giving me something to do and now that i am up to date, i need to wait for things to happen, but i will try and shut up becuase it seems other people only post to watch and don't hold conversations))
((*has an OCD moment*

By the way, I got a waitlister ready to join. He'll be entering soon))

Nadarr gives a strangled yell, and shouts at the spider. Another of his friends dead.

Fury pounding through him, he lifts his staff and points it at the spider's underside. He can only hope that it's weaker there. With a sizzling noise, a bolt of fire launches at the spider as Nadarr casts Erupting flare through the staff, at the same time breathing the ancestral rage of his race through Dragon Breath at the same place.

After this he moves from beneath the spider, as he doesn't want it jumping on him.

You let flames erupt out of your staff! (15+7) Your flame strikes true, dealing (2+7) damage! You then breath your fire as your bolt hits! (CRIT) your breath bursts into a great inferno! You deal (6+2) damage and the spider webs catch fire, causing a great inferno! Most of the caverns are lit up now, revealing tall stone walls and several tunnels. The mushrooms don't catch fire, but the spider takes extra damage! You take a few step back as it hisses in pain!

It leaps off the web! (?) It lands right on top of Weston, dealing (8.) damage! You're now bloodied! It swings at you with its bladed legs! It hits, dealing (10) damage and you take ongoing (5) poison damage! You are on your last legs! He swings again! He hits, dealing (6) damage!

(? ? ?) You awake under your improvised mushroom root shelter to a giant inferno and an undead blade spider attacking a half elf. Your abilities allow you to draw your blade, but you're too far away to get next to the spider, but you do shift 3 squares. You're on your feet and the others can see you. As pleasant as it is to see life after so long down here, this is definitely not the time for pleasantries. You prepare for battle! You are 5 squares away from the spider

((Everyone welcome the return of Archuther's player))

Karl smirks in response to Alexander's learned wisdom. "Give me a minute to get armored up, and we'll see where this river leads us."

Karl gets back in his armor and ties the sunrod to his belt before starting down the river, sword and shield at the ready.

((It's a shame to see you go, USEC_OFFICER, but if you just don't have that spark to continue, then you shouldn't continue.

Of course, now we'll have to deal with the Headless Avenger of Tiamat... that will be a joy to face. :)

Good luck with your 5e game!))

You get your armor back on and steel yourself as you catch up to Alexander. You see the tunnel and the cave as well

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: August 05, 2014, 08:12:00 pm »

walks out of the shadows well never thought i would wake up to something like this, should be fun
standard whirling blade
minor aegis of assult
(both on blade spider)

he looks at the half-elf and the dragonborn pardon me but it looks like you could use a hand

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: August 05, 2014, 08:59:28 pm »

walks out of the shadows well never thought i would wake up to something like this, should be fun
standard whirling blade
minor aegis of assult
(both on blade spider)

he looks at the half-elf and the dragonborn pardon me but it looks like you could use a hand

There aren't many shadows as an inferno burns all around you. You throw your sword and it spins, aimed right at the blade spider! (CRIT) your blade cuts deep into the spider's exoskeleton! You deal (10+10+6+6) and bloody the spider. It hisses and turns towards you as it is now bloodied and angry! Your sword returns to your hand after the throw

Weston takes (5) poison damage and drops unconcious! He makes a death save. (8) You fail a death save! Two more and you are deceased!

Nadarr begins his turn again!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:44:56 pm by highmax28 »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: August 05, 2014, 11:10:45 pm »

((Well this is jolly good! Weston almost dead, the system we've devised for actions and speaking (using " to deisgnate talking and bold for actions) is in shambles and Symon's dead. I call this an overhaul.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: August 05, 2014, 11:31:34 pm »

((Well this is jolly good! Weston almost dead, the system we've devised for actions and speaking (using " to deisgnate talking and bold for actions) is in shambles and Symon's dead. I call this an overhaul.))
((I blame death bringer and Death...))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: August 06, 2014, 12:13:00 am »

((Eh, I actually meant what I said. In life, Symon was a devout Avenger of Bahamut. In undeath/shadow-life, he'd probably switch worship to Tiamat, Bahamut's direct opposite.

Also, I'm going to be sad if Weston dies without ever being able to take an action.))

Karl looks at the cavern and the tunnel and nods towards the tunnel. In a whisper, he says "I don't fancy meeting the owner of those claws with just the two of us. Let's remember this place and follow the tunnel instead, perhaps it leads past that gate and back towards our friends."

Karl heads into the tunnel, keeping a wary eye out for danger.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: August 06, 2014, 12:21:21 am »

Along with him then!
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 344