Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341228 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

MOVE: to the square right of Cromwell
Fire an Acid Orb at the surviving Necromancer!

You cast acid orb and let the burning green ball fly! (18+6) The ball explodes on him, dealing (5+7) damage! The last remaining undead are now stunned as the last necromacner falls!

Symon begins his turn!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Corpse 2.
Major Action: Halo of Fire on Corpse 2.
Move Action: Does it really matter?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Corpse 2.
Major Action: Halo of Fire on Corpse 2.
Move Action: Does it really matter?

(17+10) Your flail strikes true, breaking the corpse in half as you deal (1 3+6+5+6+6) fire damage!

Nadarr casts erupting flare! (15+5) He hits, causing the last corpse to burst open in flames as its dealt (4+5) damage! You swear you hear muffled screaming from the corpse but you doubt it.

((I kept a record of who you killed how many times, and Corpse3 died 5 times, Corpse1 died 4 times and the others died only twice. Unfortunatley, this doesn't give bonus xp))

The party gains 135xp each. Nadarr levels up! ((Since he's gone, I'll select his ability score increase + feat and then confirm it with him. Since he uses two implements with one in each hand (staff and orb) I'll give him double implement mastery (bonus to hit+damage rolls when holding two implements)))

The necromancers are all dead and there is still that heavy smell of alcohol in the air. Thoradin opens the door and finds the stairs down and another, open, door that leads into the food stockpile... And the smell of booze is overwhelming. He waits for the party to heal themselves and grab a bite to eat if they want, as the food, although very basic, like mushrooms and fruits, is unspoiled. There is no meat however, but Thoradin grabs a few of the mushrooms and downs them heartily.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Loot, loot and loot while the fiddler is away!

Heal.

Grab a few fruits to eat.

Perception check now since we didn't due to encounter.

"Has anybody noticed a few of your acting strange from time to time? It's almost as if you're possessed."

Eyes Cromwell, Symon and Nadarr.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:40:50 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loot, loot and loot while the fiddler is away!

Heal.

Grab a few fruits to eat.

Perception check now since we didn't due to encounter.

"Has anybody noticed a few of your acting strange from time to time? It's almost as if you're possessed."

Eyes Cromwell, Symon and Nadarr.
Thoradin pays no heed to your comment.

You loot the bodies. You find 3 scythes, one magical rod, two rod impliments, 3 sets of basic robes, 3 grey cloaks with a skull mark on the forehead and 150 gold.

(16+9) You find some engravings on the walls that are caked with moss, mould and a thin layer of rock. Thoradin points it out as the histories of the fortress. He also points out there is only one other place left and its the general goods stockpile back at the intersection. Cromwell teleports next to you and takes the rod ((since he has no implement for his spells AT ALL)) (10+9) Nadarr says in a very monotonus voice its a rod of blasting ((Target one or two creatures with this rod when you use its daily power))

((In case you get curious)) The engravings that Thoradin uncovers as he brushes off the gunk from the walls reveal the stories of many battles. Many of them, however, tell of massive beasts that are pictured as five times larger then a dwarf. One depicts a scorpion with no eyes and three horns. Another depicts a feathered serpentlike creature with a large shell of a sorts plating its back. And lastly, you're thankful for this, is of a giant eyeless tortoise being slain by an army of dwarves.

"I remember these tales... Of digging into the underground caves and awakening horrible creatures... One was killed years before I was born, but others came and caused trouble. The feathered serpentlike one was a real pain as it tunneled through the caves a lot. Hopefully, its moved on..."

He actually sounds terrified.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Use Healing Surge
Grab some food
Arcana checks on all unidentified items

"Would you believe that this possession deal is probably the least unlikely thing that's happened so far?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I have enough things trying to possess me already without more joining, thank you. Help yourselves to the loot."

Distribute the gold equally

"What exactly happened to this fortress, Thoradin? Usually it's a few necromancers, but this is a den of them. How in Olladra did they even manage to take it over?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use Healing Surge
Grab some food
Arcana checks on all unidentified items

"Would you believe that this possession deal is probably the least unlikely thing that's happened so far?"
Nothing else appears magical except the rod Cromwell took. You listen in as Thoradin says some history on the fortress as he begins to walk down memory lane.

He talks about how he remembers the deep halls where he and the others would play as wee lads, and how they would get into mischief by stealing some food every now and then from the farms. He then gets to the point where he talks about the few survivors excluding him that are scattered. There was the caravan dwarves you met, but he states that only thirteen made it out. Himself, three he confirmed dead as he watched them die of sickness in the wilds. He also claims that most fled to the other fortress that the caravan came from so they could still be part of a home.

"I have enough things trying to possess me already without more joining, thank you. Help yourselves to the loot."

Distribute the gold equally

"What exactly happened to this fortress, Thoradin? Usually it's a few necromancers, but this is a den of them. How in Olladra did they even manage to take it over?"

"There was originally one Necromancer who we enchained deep in our halls. As you know, his name is Ur. He dabbled in more then just Necromancy though. He seemed obsessed with greater powers and necomancy just gave him the servants he needed. When we captured him, he somehow got through our anti-magic chains and spoke through a severed head to his followers. And within a week, the fortress was destroyed from the inside out when the Necromancers snuck inside during the larger sieges and overwhelmed us. Ur was freed and I believe they released two horrors that were kept on this floor. I don't know what became of them, but they were nasty... One was a wererat and the other was a werewolf. Then a giant spider in the depths that was released? We couldn't handle it. It was like that story of Gardmore Abbey, except without an insane leader and a deck of cards; too many enemies at an unprepared time"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait, this floor? Can't they still be, ya know, on the prowl?"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

In a very flat, utterly toneless voice:
"Oh no. More werecritters. We've never had problems with those before."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait, this floor? Can't they still be, ya know, on the prowl?"

He laughs.

"The wolf probably died of wounds. How do you think I became what I am? And wererats are weak, but they're slimy little bastards. I wouldn't be surprised if it escaped and ran for the hills. Probably even got killed in some kobold infested cave it slept in.

The giant spider was deep in the caverns. If we're lucky, its gone. If we're more lucky, the necromancers left its webs alone so when we reclaim this place, we can give you all some fine silken clothing when you return. If we're unlucky, its still there, but that means the necromancers will stay away from there then."

In a very flat, utterly toneless voice:
"Oh no. More werecritters. We've never had problems with those before."

Thoradin gives you a dirty look

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Uhh, Thoradin. It might've died, but this is a den filled with necromancers. And judging from the zombies, they can control them."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Uhh, Thoradin. It might've died, but this is a den filled with necromancers. And judging from the zombies, they can control them."
"A spider is all exoskeleton anyway. It won't be that much harder to kill."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl shrugs at the news that hostile werecreatures may be in the area. "If the hostile werebeasts still live, we're well prepared for them. Those of us who deal in weapons all possess silvered weapons, and the rest have their own methods of causing pain."

Karl eats from the stores when the others do.

When the meal is over, Karl suggests we explore the last unexplored area on this floor before delving deeper.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl shrugs at the news that hostile werecreatures may be in the area. "If the hostile werebeasts still live, we're well prepared for them. Those of us who deal in weapons all possess silvered weapons, and the rest have their own methods of causing pain."

Karl eats from the stores when the others do.

When the meal is over, Karl suggests we explore the last unexplored area on this floor before delving deeper.
((Because I know you guys are notorious for not confirming agreements, I'm gonna assume this))

The party eats and prepares to head back to the intersection after everyone heals up.

You go down the corridor and see a collapsed wall section. Thoradin points out that it was walled off for a week before the wolf broke out during the siege. The rat was kept in a cage. You see that it must've been cruel to be locked in the walls, as the very faint smell of wolfsbane lingers the room with about ten empty bottles of wolfsbane litter the floor as well as the place being only 5ft wide. They're all broken or empty and nothing else but rubble is seen. Advancing onwards, you see more engravings trapped under gunk, and then you reach the stockpiles. There are five piles:

A pile of random Baubles

A pile of stone Toys

A pile of Weapons, a lot of them appearing to be of regular quality (which seems poor quality for dwarven smiths)

A pile of furniture and other containers; and

A pile of bins stuffed with clothing, capes, cloaks, gloves and headgear.

Most of the clothing and weapons are sized for dwarves, but there are the odd pieces that are suited for humans or larger. (?) There seems to be no enemies here, but as you walk closer, you feel a very very very faint tremor, almost like the sound of rumbling except felt, not heard. Its faint enough that it doesn't hinder movement, but Thoradin's face turns sour with worry as he gets a few ideas of what it could be.

"Take what ya need and hurry. That rumble doesn't bode well."

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 344