Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341688 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Return of the Vampire
« Reply #3645 on: June 06, 2014, 05:01:20 pm »

"I'll take it. Might I also inquire on what an Amulet of Protection does? Or which cloak do you suggest for somebody such as I with your trained eye."
((You can only have one neck slot item at a time, your badge takes that spot))

((I thought that might be the case, but I'm stupefied at the logic of it. Last time I checked, you put a badge on clothing, not on your neck. Hell, it's possible to wear 10 rings if you so well wanted :/))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: June 06, 2014, 05:31:21 pm »

"I'll take it. Might I also inquire on what an Amulet of Protection does? Or which cloak do you suggest for somebody such as I with your trained eye."
((You can only have one neck slot item at a time, your badge takes that spot))

((I thought that might be the case, but I'm stupefied at the logic of it. Last time I checked, you put a badge on clothing, not on your neck. Hell, it's possible to wear 10 rings if you so well wanted :/))
((Not really. Its how the rules go. And the badge works like an amulet but its more like a symbol))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: June 06, 2014, 10:56:28 pm »

((It's the same reason you can have a magic shield or magic bracers, but not both. It just boils down to game balance.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: June 07, 2014, 02:07:16 am »

((I realize it's about balancing, but it just seems a bit stupid to me considering that it's supposed to be a game of possibility :/. Ah well.)

Fetch me the badge of the berserker!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: June 07, 2014, 08:09:36 pm »

((I realize it's about balancing, but it just seems a bit stupid to me considering that it's supposed to be a game of possibility :/. Ah well.)

Fetch me the badge of the berserker!
You buy the badge of the berserker and equip it.

Ask about the price of the Cloak of the Walking Wounded and the Orb of Fiery Condemnation. Haggle it down to the lowest possible price, but if affordable buy it in the end.

Originallu, the Orb costs 520gp and the Cloak costs 840gp. You attempt to haggle the price down. (14+8) He ponders for a second and then gives you a better deal. The Orb for 416gp and the cloak for 672gp, for a total of 1088gp. ((I crash whenver I buy the orb, so I'm gonna say you have it but it won't show up in your PDF if you ask for it))

Meanwhile...

Thyra talks to the apotheracy for prices on alchemy ingredients and gets a good deal on them. Symon doesn't hear the real hard numbers as he's still a bit woozy, but Thyra stands you up and brings you to the cart where you take a quick nap. She brings the cart to the enchanter where everyone else is. If anyone has any more things to grab before the fortress begins, do it now; there are no more stops once you make your way there. ((Plus, I'm probably gonna skip a few days again))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: June 07, 2014, 08:12:48 pm »

Nadarr puts on his cloak, missing an ideal chance to flourish it.

He then goes to the apothecary, buys four potions of healing for as low as possible a price, then goes back.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: June 07, 2014, 08:12:57 pm »

Symon is glad for the opportunity to nap. Despite never once looking or talking to Thyra, his face is still beetred. Of course, being Symon, he doesn't feel the need to get anything and is ready to go regardless of his condition.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: June 07, 2014, 08:47:32 pm »

He then goes to the apothecary, buys four potions of healing for as low as possible a price, then goes back.

This apothecary cannot make potions of healing; only potions of cure light wounds

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: June 07, 2014, 09:03:30 pm »

This apothecary cannot make potions of healing; only potions of cure light wounds
Buy four of those then
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: June 07, 2014, 11:58:03 pm »

Buy four of those then
You do so

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: June 08, 2014, 02:14:26 am »

Karl hurries to get Symon's flail silvered, settles balances with him and reequips his armor before rejoining the group, setting the flail besides Symon in the cart. "Well, I think we're as ready as we'll ever be." He says, looking around to make sure everyone is there.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: June 08, 2014, 04:01:31 am »

Karl hurries to get Symon's flail silvered, settles balances with him and reequips his armor before rejoining the group, setting the flail besides Symon in the cart. "Well, I think we're as ready as we'll ever be." He says, looking around to make sure everyone is there.

"What? No celebration for Symon before we set off? What are planning to do? Travel during the night like madmen? Well most of you do look like madmen, but that isn't the issue here! I think everyone should get a nice meal, some drinks and a comfy bed, because you're not going to see another one anytime soon from what I'm hearing of that place."

((I forgot to ask a couple of times, but what we just did in town doesn't take 3 hours. I think it might even be afternoon or late afternoon. Do we really want to start travelling then?))

Goes to buy a bottle of mead and meets up with the party.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:03:02 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: June 08, 2014, 10:34:57 am »

"What? No celebration for Symon before we set off? What are planning to do? Travel during the night like madmen? Well most of you do look like madmen, but that isn't the issue here! I think everyone should get a nice meal, some drinks and a comfy bed, because you're not going to see another one anytime soon from what I'm hearing of that place."

((I forgot to ask a couple of times, but what we just did in town doesn't take 3 hours. I think it might even be afternoon or late afternoon. Do we really want to start travelling then?))

Goes to buy a bottle of mead and meets up with the party.

It is roughly 3pm, almost 4pm. Sundown is in ~3 hours. The storm is still raging, so Thyra agrees with Alexander. Symon bolts awake at a loud crack of thunder and Symon hears the old sailor I'm the distance, probably telling stories to small children about storms at sea. Alexander heads to the inn, where that wounded man sits off to the side, now patched up with scars marking his face and carrying a very large full blade. He gives you a dismissive look as you ask for some mead. The barkeep gives you a pint for 5 silver. Before you drink it you feel an arm grab your shoulder as the blackguard turns you around.

"I got a wager for you. I want that fancy blade of yours. I'll offer up my holy symbol I just got today and 400gp if you're willing to go at a drinking contest.  First to pass out looses and claims their winnings from the loser's body. What do you say?"

He orders the same thing you do and people start cheering you on (it seems the blackguard doesn't seem to be liked)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: June 08, 2014, 10:38:44 am »

((XD

Do eet. Alcohol is very potent in this game. Only !!FUN!! can ensue!))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: June 08, 2014, 11:16:45 am »

"You can have the blade if you win, but the other things on me I need for an expedition, so lets bet a single item chosen by the winner and 400 gold! By Olladra, you have a deal in that case! May the drinking begin!"

Turns around and raises a toast.

"For Olladra ye fools!"
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 344