Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341847 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Return of the Vampire
« Reply #3570 on: June 03, 2014, 04:57:01 pm »

"Wrong move, friend."

Move Action: Up to Aurel
Minor: Ruffling Sting on Aurel
Standard: Twin Strike on Aurel
Action Point: Jaws of the Wolf on Aurel
Hunter's Quarry on Aurel

((Don't forget the Heroic effort if I miss and my Action point benefit from my background.))

Some might call this overkill, I call it making sure it stays dead.

Edit: That's 6 attacks in total I just did there, providing all of them hit. I could've done 7 if I didn't have to move.))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:01:09 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: June 03, 2014, 05:22:06 pm »

"Wrong move, friend."

Move Action: Up to Aurel
Minor: Ruffling Sting on Aurel
Standard: Twin Strike on Aurel
Action Point: Jaws of the Wolf on Aurel
Hunter's Quarry on Aurel

((Don't forget the Heroic effort if I miss and my Action point benefit from my background.))

((Some might call this overkill, I call it making sure it stays dead.))
You move up and swing your blades in a great flurry of attacks! (9+9) You miss without the use of heroic effort. You hit, dealing (3+4) damage! You swing twice with twin strike! (2+9) (10+9) You miss twice! You swing twice again for jaws of the wolf! (FUMBLE) (14+9) You drop your right hand sword and hit with your left hand one, dealing (8+3+4+3) damage! Aurel is now in critical condition!

Aurel coughs up a dark blood at the last hit and holds the wound that is marked clearly by Karl.

"Bastards... You will all know the wrath of the shadow... I'll spare you here today..."

He turns to Karl and grins.

"Perhaps we'll face each other again soon, Karl... And then I will make you feel the Queen's gentle caress..."

The black fog envelops the area and the zone of bats surrounds the entire camp! No one can see anything! After a few seconds of seeing nothing but shadow bats, they leave into the dark, cloudy sky, and you're all alone in the storm again. Thunder breaks the silence as you feel rain on your skin again. Thyra starts healing Symon with her song, but he still looks pale from the bloodloss. (8) he fails to save from the bleeding damage but is patched up almost instantly.

Everyone gains 280xp!

What does the party do?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: June 03, 2014, 05:28:31 pm »

Use my Heal Skill to treat Symon immediately. If need be, use healing potions and whatever else required.

"Nadarr, could you examine the sword to see if it has any magical qualities as your shout suggested?

Could somebody now explain to me who he was? Apparently you know each other... fairly well by the look of things."

((Ever since I made this character I've been on a roll of fumbles and bad hits. Astounding. I think Aurel has my luck and won't return it until he's dead.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: June 03, 2014, 05:37:48 pm »

Use my Heal Skill to treat Symon immediately. If need be, use healing potions and whatever else required.

"Nadarr, could you examine the sword to see if it has any magical qualities as your shout suggested?

Could somebody now explain to me who he was? Apparently you know each other... fairly well by the look of things."

((Ever since I made this character I've been on a roll of fumbles and bad hits. Astounding. I think Aurel has my luck and won't return it until he's dead.))
(8+9) You notice he has two rather large and deep holes in his neck from the bite, and despite his pale skin, his bloodflow is fine. Other then the claw marks on his chest from the creature slashing at him, Symon is fine except for the deep holes in his neck. The blood stopped flowing but the wound is still gaping open and doesn't seem to look right or feel right. You will need to do a heal check on the wound itself. ((I know you will so I'll do it again)) (16+9) You've heard stories about vampires spreading their disease to others through their fangs, but this is prominent. If not treated properly in the next 12 hours, Symon will succumb to the mark of the vampire and become one of them.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: June 03, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »

"Symon. Could we have a minute? Alone?"

Drag Symon to the side, far away from the party that I'm very confident that we cannot be overheard.

"You have 12 hours left to live.

Your friend vampire infected you. Unless you're treated in 12 hours, you will become one of them. Sadly, I don't think I know how to treat one and even if I did, I doubt we'd have the ingredients. I would believe they're rather rare. If we race to the city to get to the apothecary, we could ask but we need to prepare if it comes to the worst. If it does come to it... I'm willing to separate with a bit of my blood to sustain you... even if mine isn't all that safe. As for Karl and the rest of the party, well. You saw how much Karl likes dead things. He is reasonable from what I've seen though. I'll leave the choice of telling the others to you. Also, the cloak and the hood you have. Never take it off in sunlight. You might also feel rather violent and have painful spasms but they should recede quickly ."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: June 03, 2014, 09:19:02 pm »

Symon, feeling woozy from bloodloss, stares blankly at Alexander until it clicks. Ever the martyr, he mumbles, "Oh. Is that it? We should get going before Aurel can recover." He blinks slowly as more things click in his head. "Does this mean that you're a vampire too? And are you sure that I'll be okay? With Aurel empowered by the shadow it might not be that simple."

Symon tries his best to remember all of the lore he knows about vampires. Especially with how they spread.

EDIT: ((There better not be some bullshit alignment changes when you become a vampire, or I'm going to be really pissed.))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:42:39 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: June 03, 2014, 11:57:08 pm »

"No... I'm not a vampire. You could say I'm worse. I am indeed worried about his powers being heightened with the shadow. You might turn faster or even get nightmares of being marked by his leader, as happened to me when I charged the shadow wall. Just remember. Feed once every day. You don't need to eat or drink food and water if you don't want to from what I hear, but you do need to sleep. It doesn't mean you can't eat and drink. It might even give others the illusion."

((Our glorious DM has decreed a while back that just BEING something will not change your alignment. Your actions do. So you can be a goodie-two-shoes vampire-avenger that only drinks willing blood or only from bad people. I also don't think you turn evil just for giving into hunger, although it does lower your options. As they say, your actions define you.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: June 04, 2014, 12:59:36 am »

Karl catches his breath for a moment. He sees Alexander and Symon talking in the distance, but decides not to intrude on their privacy. Instead, he helps Nadarr move the coffin away from the gaping mud pit and starts to read the journal that was inside.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: June 04, 2014, 03:58:59 am »

Nadarr reads the journal afterwards, but first takes his share of gold from the coffin.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: June 04, 2014, 07:32:46 am »

"No... I'm not a vampire. You could say I'm worse. I am indeed worried about his powers being heightened with the shadow. You might turn faster or even get nightmares of being marked by his leader, as happened to me when I charged the shadow wall. Just remember. Feed once every day. You don't need to eat or drink food and water if you don't want to from what I hear, but you do need to sleep. It doesn't mean you can't eat and drink. It might even give others the illusion."

Symon nods, trying his best to memorize everything Alexander just told him about being a vampire. "Okay. I will. And how are you w-worse? What happened when you c-charged the shadow wall?" he asks, his usual speech impediment and natural shyness coming back slowly as he starts to recover.

((Praise Bahamut. Admittedly I'm not entirely happy with Symon turning into a vampire, but Symon doesn't care too much and it shouldn't affect any of the half-assed character development I've planned for him. You could turn Symon into a bear and he'd still be he same. Just with a healthier appitite and larger body.

Also, Symon is going to get funkier if he ever lives long enough to get his paragon path. Prestige path? Or whatever it's called, you know what I mean.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:27:15 am by USEC_OFFICER »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: June 04, 2014, 07:46:32 am »

Symon nods, trying his best to memorize everything Alexander just told him about being a vampire. "Okay. I will. And how are you worse? What happened when you charged the shadow wall?"

"Boy, don't ask. I might not be appear to be very older than you yourself, but appearances can be deceiving. The less you know, the safer you'll be. Just tell me immediately if you have any strange dreams or nightmares."

After we regroup with the party, check the Sword and try to get Nadarr to help check the sword too.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: June 04, 2014, 09:28:28 am »

Symon heads back to join the party. By which I mean that he crawls up into the seat of his wagon and collapses onto it to rest.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: June 04, 2014, 09:38:53 am »

Karl catches his breath for a moment. He sees Alexander and Symon talking in the distance, but decides not to intrude on their privacy. Instead, he helps Nadarr move the coffin away from the gaping mud pit and starts to read the journal that was inside.

Nadarr reads the journal afterwards, but first takes his share of gold from the coffin.
You both read the journal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You all look at the hole and find nothing. You assume no one has tried to disturb it at all.

To Nadarr's disappointment, its all silver. 150gp worth of silver. Spread equally, it leaves everyone with 21gp 42 silver with one extra piece.

You attempt to arcana check the sword. (9+9) You find out it is a sunblade:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is not silvered as the journal says it isn't

Symon heads back to join the party. By which I mean that he crawls up into the seat of his wagon and collapses onto it to rest.
Thyra sees this and goes to check up on him. (?) she notices the marks but doesn't seem to see it being as festering and diseased as Alexander did. She immediatley says you should go back to town to have the apothecary look at him. (?) Symon passes out! Thyra calls the others over to her!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: June 04, 2014, 09:46:55 am »

"Oh for the love of...

Symon will be fine. The vampire took a lot of blood and it's common for people to faint when they get anemic. Trust me. I'm a professional. He just needs sleep, water and food. Karl, help me put him onto my wagon. I'll keep an eye on him in case he gets spasmic. Somebody else however should drive the wagon he was driving. We need to get to the apothecary fast to get him some rare herbs to help his blood."

Looks at Nadarr

"Mind if I keep the sword ? It looks like a bastard sword to me, much like the ones I'm using. Does the journal mention anything else about it?"

If Nadarr agrees, equip the sword in main hand and keep the spare bastard sword in reserve.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:50:56 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: June 04, 2014, 09:48:31 am »

"Oh for the love of...

Symon will be fine. The vampire took a lot of blood and it's common for people to faint when they get anemic. Trust me. I'm a professional. He just needs sleep, water and food. Karl, help me put him onto my wagon. I'll keep an eye on him in case he gets spasmic. Somebody else however should drive the wagon he was driving. We need to get to the apothecary fast to get him some rare herbs to help his blood."

Looks at Nadarr

"Anything you found about the sword? It seems like a bastard sword to me, just like my own right here."
You were there when he assessed it

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 344