Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341839 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Return of the Vampire
« Reply #3555 on: June 02, 2014, 02:11:02 pm »

Symon bellows, "Your reign of terror ends here, creature of shadow! FACE BAHAMUT'S WRATH!"

Major Action: Adjure Undead on Aurel! Slide him next to Symon, ideally flanking with Karl.
Move Action (if needed): Shift into melee range.
Action Point: Aspect of Might Aurel.

((If this doesn't whack off a big chunk of his health I'm going to be very surprised.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: June 02, 2014, 02:14:07 pm »

Symon bellows, "Your reign of terror ends here, creature of shadow! FACE BAHAMUT'S WRATH!"

Major Action: Adjure Undead on Aurel! Slide him next to Symon, ideally flanking with Karl.

((If this doesn't whack off a big chunk of his health I'm going to be very surprised.))

((I think he'll live.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:42 pm »

((Probably, yeah. But I am dumping two of my strongest attacks on him though, so it's definitely going to smart.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: June 02, 2014, 02:18:43 pm »

((My guess is that if I don't kill him, Karl will.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: June 02, 2014, 02:31:13 pm »

((Probably, yeah. But I am dumping two of my strongest attacks on him though, so it's definitely going to obliterate him.))
((Ftfy))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: June 02, 2014, 02:33:11 pm »

((Probably, yeah. But I am dumping two of my strongest attacks on him though, so it's definitely going to obliterate him.))
((Ftfy))

((Ftfy = Fixed that for you))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: June 02, 2014, 04:20:32 pm »

((Try to get some of his blood in my sword, it'll appreciate that.

Apiks, you know Aurel best. Before he became a boss monster, I always figured him to be a glass cannon character, with high damage, low armor and health, but was intended to keep himself alive through self-healing attacks. How true is that?

Oh,and everyone within five squares of Karl regained 8hp when his attack landed on the behemoth. If Symon doesn't wipe out Aurel, this will be handy to have returned.

And yeah, as soon as he comes visible, I'm dumping two attacks into him.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: June 02, 2014, 06:38:01 pm »

((Try to get some of his blood in my sword, it'll appreciate that.

Apiks, you know Aurel best. Before he became a boss monster, I always figured him to be a glass cannon character, with high damage, low armor and health, but was intended to keep himself alive through self-healing attacks. How true is that?

Oh,and everyone within five squares of Karl regained 8hp when his attack landed on the behemoth. If Symon doesn't wipe out Aurel, this will be handy to have returned.

And yeah, as soon as he comes visible, I'm dumping two attacks into him.))
((Only on two double crits in a row would Aurel POSSIBLY die from Symon's attacks. He does heal, and he does gain temporary HP. On top of that, even if it's radiant damage, it probably will leave him at critical. Dice seem to hate some of you and roll low))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: June 02, 2014, 09:21:39 pm »

You cast abjure undead on Aurel! (13+6) You just hit him, dealing (9+7+10+5) radiant damage! You slide him so you get combat advantage... But Karl doesn't see him! You swing your flail at him again, screaming at the top of your lungs as you feel Bahamut's fury flow through your veins. (2+9) ((ouch... 2 and a fumble...)) You miss, but you deal half damage! You deal (3+3+4+6+4+3+5 / 2 = 14) damage and gain a +5 to athletics checks, +2 to speed, and +2 to all melee damage!

Weston begins his turn! You don't know where Aurel is!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: June 02, 2014, 11:10:23 pm »

((Hanzoku, you'd be surprised at how little a glass-cannon Aurel was. The only person in the party that could wipe him out in one turn was Symon, and even then it depended on who striked first since Aurel could wipe out Symon. He specialized heavily in invisibility (his dagger which gave him invisibility on hit was so OP) and his daily gives him invisibility. It lasts only for a turn though. After Weston's turn, he should technically show himself. And if he's still alive by then, well, game over for him.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: June 03, 2014, 12:52:38 am »

((Fair enough, I formed that initial impression when Aurel was disabled during the first goblin ambush. Granted, ambush rounds, bad rolls and low AC didn't do him any favors that fight.

For right now, I agree that unless he has an amazing amount of AoE or disabling skills from other shadow-based abilities, he's not going to survive a round visible.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: June 03, 2014, 01:03:58 am »

Minor: Perception check to look for Aurel! Use Unseen Aid to assist!
If Aurel is located, hit him with Chaos Bolt!
If he is not located, drink a healing potion!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: June 03, 2014, 04:09:34 am »

((Fair enough, I formed that initial impression when Aurel was disabled during the first goblin ambush. Granted, ambush rounds, bad rolls and low AC didn't do him any favors that fight.

For right now, I agree that unless he has an amazing amount of AoE or disabling skills from other shadow-based abilities, he's not going to survive a round visible.))

((During the first ambush I took a load of Opportunity Attacks because I was new at the game and didn't know what happened when. It hurts when you get so many in one turn. Was a bad move on my part.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: June 03, 2014, 08:57:32 am »

((During the first ambush I took a load of Opportunity Attacks because I was new at the game and didn't know what happened when. It hurts when you get so many in one turn. Was a hilarious move on my part.))
FTFY
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: June 03, 2014, 04:49:48 pm »

Minor: Perception check to look for Aurel! Use Unseen Aid to assist!
If Aurel is located, hit him with Chaos Bolt!
If he is not located, drink a healing potion!

(FUMBLE) No matter how hard you try, you cannot find Aurel and your eyes start to hurt from straining yourself ((even with the +2 from unseen aid, you actually can't possibly find Aurel with a +1 to perception (DC of 25))). You down a healing potion and end your turn.

Thyra readies an action for when Aurel appears.

Aurel appears again and is promptly shot at Elthia and Thyra! They both miss! Aurel looks right at Alexander and grins maliciously.

"Today may be your lucky day, Alexander. You will live another day. But Symon here..."

He turns around, grabs Symon's head and shoulder and sinks his teeth deep into his neck! Symon feels a little sickly after this and Aurel deals (21) damage. Aurel looks rejuvenated greatly after that drink of Symon's blood. Symon is dazed (save ends) and is taking ongoing (2) bleeding damage! His blood flows from the wound an alarming rate, and Symon's skin looks pale after being drained of so much blood.

Alexander begins his turn!

((Aurel is now revealed in between Symon and Karl, where Symon slid him. I don't think a map redo is necessary))

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 344