Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342072 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Off Chasing Bandits
« Reply #3450 on: May 27, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »

((Karl's mother died when he was young, and he got through it by finding religion. There's some potential dark past-ish things in his storyline, but if they come up, he's far more in the roaring rampage reaction then the fall to the knees sobbing type.

As for Karl's current brooding, you have to admit it's slightly disturbing that someone we didn't see get 'eaten' by the shadow just came back at us. Karl is going to swing by Aurel's grave later to see if it has been desecrated.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: May 27, 2014, 05:01:31 pm »

((Nadarr would only fall et sob at particularly stressful times. Most other times, it's rampage, too. But on very stressful times (His friend dying was rage inducing. His friend coming back as an intelligent-husk thing and with him no one to direct anger at? He's gonna need release somehow.) He just doesn't know what to fall on :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: May 27, 2014, 05:08:55 pm »

((Nadarr would only fall et sob at particularly stressful times. Most other times, it's rampage, too. But on very stressful times (His friend dying was rage inducing. His friend coming back as an intelligent-husk thing and with him no one to direct anger at? He's gonna need release somehow.) He just doesn't know what to fall on :P))

((Hey! There's a sword over there! Go fall on that! ;P))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: May 27, 2014, 05:28:26 pm »

((Nor does Karl seem to have a dark, traumatic past. Nor Cromwell-he seems to just breeze by, and I daresay he doesn't care about the importance of the past much. In fact, Nadarr's past isn't all that dark, either. Except for the whole werewolf thing, the reason he's in the dumps now is because his friend just died. The only one who seems to have any sort of dark past that I can see is Alexander.))
((Thyra's is mostly trying to bitchslap people over a truth: she's young for an elf. And Nadarr IS justified in his sad mood.))

Wait for everyone to get over their latest angsty emo phase and be ready to hit the next camp or go to the fortress.
((Correction: You're waiting for everyone to get back from selling loot))

Symon heads out to look around for a priest of Bahamut. Just because there isn't a temple to his god doesn't mean that there can't be someone to tend to the faithful, right?
You ask around for a cleric or preist of Bahamut. (15+0) It takes you roughly an hour to find out there is only one cleric of Bahamut in town, who is an old retired war veteran. You find his house, and Benn, as he is named by the locals, sitting outside on his chair. He is wearing an old uniform sailors wore from storybooks you remember reading when you were young and growing up. Although its hard to see to most, you notice he has a brutal, almost rusted morningstar next to his chair underneath a small table with a cloth over-top of the table, concealing the weapon. You approach him and his old eyes don't look to you, but he speaks to you.

"Whaddaya want laddie? Can't ye damned kids leave an old mariner alone? I ain't got time fer stories right now!" He growls. His back straightens in his chair. Though he shows sure signs of age, you're certain that he still would be a formidable opponent if it came down to it. You also can tell his vision isn't what it used to be... Or he sees you as much younger then you really are.

Continue reading the Ritual Book, but shout after Karl as he leaves that the sword is his, and as such he should get the profit for it.
You shout it accidentally into Karl's ear as you hop in the cart. He got the message alright...

Go with Karl, tagging along and looking the streets for anything... familiar.
You walk at the side of the cart, and you stop at the local butcher shop. You don't know why, but you feel possessed enough to walk around back to where the slaughterhouse is. (?) (19+4) (12+5) Karl and Thyra both notice him walk off, but despite their protests, you walk on. Thyra chases after you, but as you walk in, someone grabs you. She runs in to look for you and (?) fails to see you. You're dragged off to the side without her knowledge by someone who must be very stealthy.

"You're wanted" The voice of your captor says as you feel something sting at your side and pass out. Thyra and Karl are inside and looking around but cannot see you somehow. ((PM to follow))

Karl, Thyra and Nadarr look for about ten minutes in the slaughterhouse for Alexander but fail to do so. They head off without him, in hopes they will regroup before the selling is done.... Or at the latest, before the party sets out again. You come to the stores that will buy the loot from the carts ((I'm gonna take an hour or two to sit down and put the numbers, prices and other shizz in excel and then repost it here. Welcome to my nightmare...))

EDIT:
((Ninja'd by extra posts...))
((Karl's mother died when he was young, and he got through it by finding religion. There's some potential dark past-ish things in his storyline, but if they come up, he's far more in the roaring rampage reaction then the fall to the knees sobbing type.

As for Karl's current brooding, you have to admit it's slightly disturbing that someone we didn't see get 'eaten' by the shadow just came back at us. Karl is going to swing by Aurel's grave later to see if it has been desecrated.))
As you pass by stores, you can't help but notice the captain of the guard standing over a familiar grave... A fimiliar OPENED grave. When asked what happened, he said an intense shadow came over the graveyard, and the sound of metal clanking and then digging before the shadow left. And the grave was found opened and the coffin ripped apart by some strange blade. He says they'll find out what happened and you'll be compensated for your friend's desecration... And given the option of dispatching justice to him. The only lead they have is a holy symbol of Asmodeus that is cut in two and shredded apart, despite being made of metal.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: May 27, 2014, 05:34:15 pm »

((So now I'm hunted? Well this is news to me.

Edit: I swear, if I die by poison again, I'm going to go all Cromwell on you and flip shit xD.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: May 27, 2014, 05:49:49 pm »

Symon feels like a young kid in front of the old cleric, so similar yet different to the old men he grew up with. Unfortunately he was looking for someone more virile, but that doesn't stop him from being polite. "H-hello. I'm Symon. I'm h-here to ask how you're d-doing."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: May 27, 2014, 06:15:38 pm »

Symon feels like a young kid in front of the old cleric, so similar yet different to the old men he grew up with. Unfortunately he was looking for someone more virile, but that doesn't stop him from being polite. "H-hello. I'm Symon. I'm h-here to ask how you're d-doing."
Hearing your voice opens his eyes more and he leans forward.

"You aren't some wee laddie now aren't ya? Come 'ere a second laddie, sit awhile. It's been some time since I was visited by someone who has all their teeth still." He chuckles at this.

"What can I do for you laddie?"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: May 27, 2014, 06:21:53 pm »

Symon shuffles a bit closer, and mumbles, "I w-want to know how you are. T-there isn't a t-temple to Bahamut here and everyone d-directed me to you."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: May 27, 2014, 06:30:07 pm »

Leave the room of the inn with a smile. Search for the party, except Cromwell. Try to find Nadarr.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: May 27, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »

Symon shuffles a bit closer, and mumbles, "I w-want to know how you are. T-there isn't a t-temple to Bahamut here and everyone d-directed me to you."
"No need to be nervous laddie. If ye were like that on the open ocean, they'd flog ya until ye were screaming complete sentences. I've been fine however. And as for temples... Take a look around you. Do ya see what this place is? Its a small outpost town, with only passing caravans coming though. Some say this isn't even a town, but just a mere checkpoint. Most come through but not many stay. Tell me laddie... How old are ya? You're older then the wee laddies, but obviously not old. My eyes are keen, but I'm no good at guessing ages. If it will make you more comfortable, I've seen 73 winters, and many of which were spent at sea fighting the armies and navy of Tiamat."

Leave the room of the inn with a smile. Search for the party, except Cromwell. Try to find Nadarr.
You run back into the room and see Weston. He looks confused to say the least. He swears you walked out the building...

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: May 27, 2014, 06:39:08 pm »

"You. Weston was it? The vampire-like creature from the road is coming back, and soon. We better stick together. We best find the others."

Search for Thyra and Karl.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: May 27, 2014, 07:13:58 pm »

"You. Weston was it? The vampire-like creature from the road is coming back, and soon. We better stick together. We best find the others."

Search for Thyra and Karl.
You drag Weston with you as the others are still selling stuff ((Still working on it... Lots of junk to write))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: May 27, 2014, 07:27:07 pm »

"No need to be nervous laddie. If ye were like that on the open ocean, they'd flog ya until ye were screaming complete sentences. I've been fine however. And as for temples... Take a look around you. Do ya see what this place is? Its a small outpost town, with only passing caravans coming though. Some say this isn't even a town, but just a mere checkpoint. Most come through but not many stay. Tell me laddie... How old are ya? You're older then the wee laddies, but obviously not old. My eyes are keen, but I'm no good at guessing ages. If it will make you more comfortable, I've seen 73 winters, and many of which were spent at sea fighting the armies and navy of Tiamat."

Symon frowns, "If caravans past through here then surely it'd make more sense to errect a temple? Surely they come from lands far and wide and would need spiritual support on their journey. Besides, the people in town would need somewhere to worship too." He quickly adds, "I have only seen 16 winters, but I am old enough."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: May 27, 2014, 08:02:56 pm »

Symon frowns, "If caravans past through here then surely it'd make more sense to errect a temple? Surely they come from lands far and wide and would need spiritual support on their journey. Besides, the people in town would need somewhere to worship too." He quickly adds, "I have only seen 16 winters, but I am old enough."
He laughs at your statement being "old enough".

"Laddie, even if they did, do ya think it would be to Bahamut? Nay, it would be one of the gods or goddesses of commerce or travel. So young, but so naive... And besides, all of the people here are very secluded, they prefer to do everything in their homes. Well.. Most do." He laughs again. "And let me guess. You couldn't find yerself a temple, so ya came ta me hoping ye could get a quick prayer or two and a blessing? Well, you'll find no such luck. I'm just an old war relic from a time when dieties raged wars on a regular basis. The desert to the east had a grand scale war once between devil worshippers and the demon worshippers, and let me tell ya, when I was told about the crusade that took place there... Ye'd think that sea monsters and storms were like mere bump compared to the amount of bloodshed out there. And let me tell ya, lots of blood is spilled fighting those monsters. And then the sea storms, if there was a battle amongst them? It wouldn't be surprising if the next few days the ocean for the next couple miles were stained red and littered with corpses before the sea animals and carrion eaters came... And meself, being a cleric? I had to heal those who suffered while still fighting to stay alive. If ya saw my armor, laddie, ye'd laugh at me calling it such. I care for it ev'ryday and it still barely holds tagether."

He shifts in his chair a bit and then gets a good look at you.

"Tell me laddie... Where are ya from? And why are ye in a backwater place like this? Ye're too young ta be running around on yer own."

Meanwhile...

The party still attempts to barter! ((Prices now, no rolls thrown in yet. Who's adding in for assists? Everyone but Symon is there))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: May 27, 2014, 08:09:32 pm »

((Not quite what you mean by assists, but if it gets more money Nadar'll do it, even if it involves intimidating or somesuch.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 344