Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342113 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Off Chasing Bandits
« Reply #3435 on: May 26, 2014, 09:24:23 pm »

Nadarr growls at the thought of someone being so close to him with a weapon, then leaps up and snatches the dagger out, trying to remember how he knows it. ((History check!))
(9+11) You think back to when you last saw this. You remember it back in Athkatla with Aurel's kin. You think it was the vampire you all fought, but then you remember: Aurel held this dagger, and before him, it was Gonzou. You remember Aurel didn't have it on his body when you took his belongings. Who gave the note? And how did they take this from Aurel?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: May 26, 2014, 09:28:07 pm »

Nadarr puts away the dagger, then goes to the common room and waits for the others to come down. In the meantime, he inspects and reads his new ritual book.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: May 26, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »

Nadarr puts away the dagger, then goes to the common room and waits for the others to come down. In the meantime, he inspects and reads his new ritual book.
You start to read the ritual book as you notice Thyra and Cromwell are already awake. Cromwell stands at the corner, standing alone, with his blank stare. ((Because I forgot this)) Karl awakes nad starts to do a religion check to try and exorcise him. (7+6) Despite being unsuccessful, you realize that the spirit can come out almost instantly and painlessly if the host wanted it gone. However, it seems Cromwell is unresponsive to the spirit. Until then, it seems you're stuck with this silent staring fellow. You still have that cart of loot, and more bandits to kill. It is currently, day 14.

A quick glimpse out the window and you notice the leaves are starting to change color as fall starts to close in on the last roots of summer. You feel the gentle breeze of the wind as you hear the rustle of leaves. To Nadarr, it reminds him of the autumn where Petra would make her pies for you and Aurel, and you always ate his. You don't know how she's going to take the news of his death, or what she has gained in his will. You don't know how you're going to tell her, but you know YOU'RE the one who has to tell her

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: May 27, 2014, 12:52:51 am »

Karl prays quietly in the corner of the shared room, the encounter with Aurel having also shaken him. Unlike their other fallen allies, Aurel was not consumed by the shadow out in the wilds, and that he would have been ripped from a grave consecrated to the Raven Queen and thrust into this shadowy undeath disturbed the paladin.

With his prayers complete, Karl invites anyone who wants to come along to help sell the common loot they had gained from the first bandit camp. Once that was done, it was time to decide if they would continue to deal with the bandits, or make their way towards the dwarvern fortress.

((Now that it's morning and the shops are opening, Karl will sell the unenchanted weapons, armor, and common goods. Light sources, potions and vials should be kept, and anything that could reasonably be useful underground or in the mountains. (rope, climbing gear, etc.) Gold should be split evenly across the party, as normal for Karl. ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: May 27, 2014, 07:39:11 am »

Wake up completely desolate in feelings and just stand there in my room after I get myself ready. Stare at the wall with a blank stare, reminiscing about my life again.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: May 27, 2014, 09:57:55 am »

Karl prays quietly in the corner of the shared room, the encounter with Aurel having also shaken him. Unlike their other fallen allies, Aurel was not consumed by the shadow out in the wilds, and that he would have been ripped from a grave consecrated to the Raven Queen and thrust into this shadowy undeath disturbed the paladin.

With his prayers complete, Karl invites anyone who wants to come along to help sell the common loot they had gained from the first bandit camp. Once that was done, it was time to decide if they would continue to deal with the bandits, or make their way towards the dwarvern fortress.

((Now that it's morning and the shops are opening, Karl will sell the unenchanted weapons, armor, and common goods. Light sources, potions and vials should be kept, and anything that could reasonably be useful underground or in the mountains. (rope, climbing gear, etc.) Gold should be split evenly across the party, as normal for Karl. ))
You do your morning prayers and Thyra is done singing by the time everyone else shows up and asks about the bounty. She also volunteers to go along to help with prices. ((It's gonna be a nightmare for me but I'll do it when I'm home... ~4-5 hours from now (I hate work at 7am...)))

Wake up completely desolate in feelings and just stand there in my room after I get myself ready. Stare at the wall with a blank stare, reminiscing about my life again.
You stand  in silence for a bit and then head downstairs. Thyra is no longer singing by the time you get there and Karl is asking for people to join him in selling stuff. Your face is as blank as Cromwell's who teleports himself outside and onto the cart.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: May 27, 2014, 10:25:53 am »

Go with Karl, tagging along and looking the streets for anything... familiar.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: May 27, 2014, 10:34:07 am »

Symon heads out to look around for a priest of Bahamut. Just because there isn't a temple to his god doesn't mean that there can't be someone to tend to the faithful, right?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: May 27, 2014, 10:34:22 am »

Continue reading the Ritual Book, but shout after Karl as he leaves that the sword is his, and as such he should get the profit for it.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: May 27, 2014, 10:34:49 am »

Wait for everyone to get over their latest angsty emo phase and be ready to hit the next camp or go to the fortress.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: May 27, 2014, 10:35:56 am »

((You don't seriously want to cut out RP, do you? 0_o))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: May 27, 2014, 10:38:09 am »

((No, but I have nothing to do and have no interest in getting involved in the dark traumatic pasts that everyone else seems to have. So I'll wait until stuff happens.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: May 27, 2014, 10:38:59 am »

((... Symon has no dark traumatic past. Just a boring old happy one.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: May 27, 2014, 10:41:11 am »

((Well you can't deny that this is first and foremost a RP game and not a fighter one. You don't need to have a past to be able to roleplay properly. One just has to see the opportunities (which is to say anything in this game).
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: May 27, 2014, 10:43:09 am »

((Nor does Karl seem to have a dark, traumatic past. Nor Cromwell-he seems to just breeze by, and I daresay he doesn't care about the importance of the past much. In fact, Nadarr's past isn't all that dark, either. Except for the whole werewolf thing, the reason he's in the dumps now is because his friend just died. The only one who seems to have any sort of dark past that I can see is Alexander.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 344