Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342493 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Bounty Hunters in Mosstone
« Reply #3045 on: April 21, 2014, 09:50:08 pm »

((She wants you to do the check, since she knows you have the better skill. She has a 4 in heal (because it wasn't an option for some stupid reason)))

((Oh. In that case...))

Symon performs the healing check on Aurel then.
You get down on one knee and remember every single thing you learned from the others at the monastery in the ways of healing. You remember that one must not only strike in the name of justice and goodness, but also heal those who suffer and save them. You make a quick prayer to Bahamut as you begin your work.

(9+12+2+3) Sucess

(10+12+2+3) Sucess

(6+12+2+3) Failure

You slam your fist into the ground as your efforts are in vain. Blood now covers the floor and Aurel's rise and fall of his chest stop and the sound of his breath ceases. The least you did for him was ease the pain, but you were only a hairline from saving him.

Aurel, the Vryloka Vampire has died.

Thyra is speechless and on her knees. She mutters something about never truly hating him. The apothecary tries to fumble about with his potions and alchemy items to try and revive him, but to no avail. Panic is written all over his face as tears flood his face and he runs off, muffling cries hide his voice that show this was the first time he ever failed to save someone. The bar patrons are in shock and cease their fearful merriment. Thyra retreats to her room, tears held back on her face. You and Cromwell stand over the body of your companion. Now what?

EDIT:
((I feel awful now... I killed a PC that had no chance of helping himself... CURSE YOU CURSED DIE! I think I should say this now; you have the chance, if you die horribly and unfairly like Aurel did, you get one extra chance and make a new character and skip the waitlist. (I'll define if you get it or not, and Apiks deserves a second chance after ALMOST surviving) The good news is no wait because he can drop in down the road when he's done.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:17:32 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: April 21, 2014, 11:23:38 pm »

((Ehh, well now I feel uncomfortable. Atleast I got a lesson for life outta this. Use your damn head. I'll make the new character sometime today and afterwards I'll post all the secrets that were revolving about Aurel that were left unanswered, just so it doesn't go down in a cliffhanger.

Edit: Aurel was 223 years old, Worshipper of The Raven Queen, Spellscarred and 6 feet tall. More details to come.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:30:20 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: April 22, 2014, 01:00:47 am »

((Welp.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: April 22, 2014, 01:04:13 am »

Cromwell stood there for a while, not saying anything.

"...It's not your fault, Symon. There wasn't anything any of us could have done."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: April 22, 2014, 05:06:04 am »

Karl, woken by the commotion from below, thuds down the stairs grumpily. "What in the Abyss is going... on... here?" he says, taking in the blood spattered floor and Symon, Thyra and Cromwell standing helplessly over Aurel's body. After They explain what has happened, to their knowledge, Karl shakes his head.

"This is a dark business. Someone, please go and wake Nadarr. He and Aurel have known each other the longest, he might known if Aurel had any wishes regarding the handling of his remains. In the meanwhile, I will begin preparing Aurel. As a fellow adherent of the Raven Queen, I at least know the correct rituals."

Given a lack of an appropriate temple, Karl appropriates Aurel's room to prepare the body and begin making the necessary prayers over it.

((For the ghoulish part, I suggest we divide Aurel's remaining funds evenly. What magic items and potions did he leave behind?))

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: April 22, 2014, 06:54:48 am »

((I am just a post to watcher, but dang. That is... Wow. Poor Aurel. I'll be sad to see Aurel go. Rest in peace.))
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: April 22, 2014, 07:44:57 am »

Symon doesn't respond to anything, but mumbles a few prayers to Bahamut for Aurel, and then heads up to his room to collapse on the floor, absolutely exhausted. It has been a long day for him, after all.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:32 am »

((I am just a post to watcher, but dang. That is... Wow. Poor Aurel. I'll be sad to see Aurel go. Rest in peace.))
((He had the most in depth backstory, so there would eventually be a storyline after the fortress involving him, but now that he's dead, another one can form... One I think I like better))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: April 22, 2014, 08:08:01 am »

((Just so you know, Nadarr may need to be knocked unconscious. It's either that or get himself killed looking for that assassin.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: April 22, 2014, 04:53:43 pm »

Karl, woken by the commotion from below, thuds down the stairs grumpily. "What in the Abyss is going... on... here?" he says, taking in the blood spattered floor and Symon, Thyra and Cromwell standing helplessly over Aurel's body. After They explain what has happened, to their knowledge, Karl shakes his head.

"This is a dark business. Someone, please go and wake Nadarr. He and Aurel have known each other the longest, he might known if Aurel had any wishes regarding the handling of his remains. In the meanwhile, I will begin preparing Aurel. As a fellow adherent of the Raven Queen, I at least know the correct rituals."

Given a lack of an appropriate temple, Karl appropriates Aurel's room to prepare the body and begin making the necessary prayers over it.

((For the ghoulish part, I suggest we divide Aurel's remaining funds evenly. What magic items and potions did he leave behind?))
You do so. As you pray over his body, you notice something flicker at the window. It isn't that crow, but a flash of crimson that is gone before you can blink. Its color is the same as Aurel's cloak. You perform your rites and leave him in his room.

((His magical gear is the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

His potions are 6 potions of healing and 2 potions of Eladrin Shape))

Symon doesn't respond to anything, but mumbles a few prayers to Bahamut for Aurel, and then heads up to his room to collapse on the floor, absolutely exhausted. It has been a long day for him, after all.
You go to head to sleep and you hear Thyra is upset, weeping behind her door. You disregard it and head to bed; the door is locked anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: April 22, 2014, 04:55:05 pm »

You go to head to sleep and you hear Thyra is upset, weeping behind her door. You disregard it and head to bed; the door is locked anyway.

Not that Symon would be so rude as to try her door to see whether it was unlocked or anything, of course.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: April 22, 2014, 05:00:11 pm »

Not that Symon would be so rude as to try her door to see whether it was unlocked or anything, of course.
((You can see that the door is not just closed, but actually forced shut by a doorstop of a sorts))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: April 22, 2014, 06:32:53 pm »

Head to my room.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: April 22, 2014, 11:58:41 pm »

((Didn't he also steal an amulet from the Elven caravan?))

Karl leaves Aurel's room with a sigh of weariness. As he passes by Nadarr's room, the deep snores from within makes the paladin's lips tighten in irritation.

Trying the door, Karl lets himself inside, closing the door behind him. From the doorway, his voice heavy with fatigue, "Nadarr, wake up. i have grave news..."

Once Nadarr is coherent, relate what has happened and prevent Nadarr from running off immediately in search of vengeance. Once Nadarr has calmed down, ask him if he knows about any final wishes Aurel may have.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 344